What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Cool story, what do you disagree with? And more importantly, why?

I love the fact that instead of respecting my opinion I get a "cool story" response when all I did was disagree about something you suggested on a thread that concerns me as much as it does you...

But regardless....

That being said, we should probably remove the coins from mobs thing and make a global shop that you can sell to for extremely poor profit(1 diamond= 15 coins?). When players get their own shops set up(Cost of 10k?), then people will have better places to sell to and buy from.

The only way to earn coins, if you take out the mob coin drop, would be to kill players. Why are we removing another variation of collecting coin when there are numerous ways of spending it? Killing a mob is pretty much more or less equal to killing a noob, which servers are always overflowing with....

I am confused on why you wouldn't want some kind of reward, such as coin, rather than a feather dropped from a zombie that damaged your equipment....

And who in god's name will have 10,000 coin to open a shop? Unless they have 20+ members that vote on Minestatus everyday and put that coin into a seperate account to protect it..... -_-

Lets try to be fair here Laithes.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
"Cool story" Isn't a sign of disrespect, it was a sign of the lack of ability to respond in full form to something that was basically just "No.". Lol, I doubt that half of the RMM remembers that mine-status exists, and if they do, they certainly aren't sending it to a formal central account.

The problem I see here is that people are going to do things like farm spawners or dark-rooms for cash, and someone's eventually going to go afk with their mouse taped down or something. And that's going to cause one fuck-ton of economical problems. Suddenly no one gives a shit about collecting resources becuase they can buy everything they need. Noobs don't stand a chance against people who don't care about losing diamond armor becuase they can get a new set in under 30 seconds.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
It's disallowed, so are hacks. People will still do both. It will be harder to catch too, unless admins X-ray every part of your base. And I'd personally rather have the string and arrows to fight with, and you could sell the stuff from the mob spawners to make money.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
If we did remove coin drops from mobs that would remove plans to make the nether viable at all, and probably reduce overall PvP because of that. The plan is to make the nether smaller but increase the drop of coins from monsters therefore making it the best place to farm (Pigmen mainly but we'll probably be tripling the current drop of Ghasts as well just for an added bonus).

The problem with letting people sell raw materials is.. if the anti x-ray plugin ever gets left behind (outdated) then it would also ruin the server economy.

Making the nether more viable than the world for grinding coins only makes a darkroom less so. And I know Admins and Moderators do spot checks on people anyway, any found will be jailed and stripped of coin for sure.

--- merged: Aug 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM ---

If you were to go from Captain to Major would you pay 500 more or 2000?

You pay 2000, the total cost is 10,500 I think.

(haven't worked it out now, just that's what I thought I got yesterday when I totaled it)

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
Ill just throw out some ideas on ways to combat the whole MobSpawning area thing.

1) Do a serverwide Delete of all mob spawners. We have a contained area (10,000 x 10,000 I believe) so do the whole thing.

2) Though it may be severe, limit Creeper, Zombie, Skeleton, and Endermen to the Nether. You want the nether to be THE place to go to get money, if the mobs are all spawning there, and in bulk, it will be.

3) Remove the rule (I don't like this one, but on the other hand, I can't imagine that farming mobs like that would be any more productive then going to the nether)

4) MASS Law enforcement. Mods watching everyone, all the time. Cameras in the woods, watching everyone's every moment.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Ill just throw out some ideas on ways to combat the whole MobSpawning area thing.

1) Do a serverwide Delete of all mob spawners. We have a contained area (10,000 x 10,000 I believe) so do the whole thing.

2) Though it may be severe, limit Creeper, Zombie, Skeleton, and Endermen to the Nether. You want the nether to be THE place to go to get money, if the mobs are all spawning there, and in bulk, it will be.

3) Remove the rule (I don't like this one, but on the other hand, I can't imagine that farming mobs like that would be any more productive then going to the nether)

4) MASS Law enforcement. Mods watching everyone, all the time. Cameras in the woods, watching everyone's every moment.

Or we just leave it the way it is? I don't see any problem with mobs dropping coins.... lol

And we don't want the Nether to become another "spawn killing area" like the last spawn.

So to summarize....

If it's not broken, don't fix it :p

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Hey admins or mods could you clarify some things about Siege?

1) Does the wooden door have to go into your main base? I mean, am I allowed to place wooden door leading into a booby-trapped section of my base. Is this allowed?

2) Can we block the wooden door with dirt or other materials?

3) Can there be traps at the wooden door? Or does the wooden door have to be a safe entrance into your base?

On a side note, could you tell me why StarGate and Falsebook are being removed? Stargates removal means a removal of one VIP benefit and Falsebook removal would make Siege a bit unfair because you cannot defend yourself using traps made from [Bridge].

Also, are traps involving the use of Pistons allowed because it is "defensive"? When falsebook is removed, I plan to make a trap similar to the one in the Aggression Diamond Storage.

Thanks in advance! :)

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Oh k this idea sounds ok. 1 thing though, regarding siege. With the door into the base. are we allowed to make a trap behind it, or dirt it up?

Ranks sound ok, though i dont like it for some reason. No stargates has put me off buying legend :p