What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I realize that, when told through text, this may all sound complicated, like a bad idea (*Cough* Valetino *Cough*), etc. But, this is something that is not at all complicated, and will be great in game. Don't worry about it. :p

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
As Erskew said Eric. When it gets closer to the release of 1.8 i'll make fast and big changes mostly concerning the raiding feature. At this moment in time I just feel like it isn't practical.

Also; Blastoise is dead!

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Made changes to main post that concerns the 'Siege' function. [See ChangeLog @ OP]

Removed the spoilers to give a clear view.

Dannie | Aggression Administration

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Not sure if this is a GREAT idea, but maybe we have all bases within 1000, 1000 coordinates cost a little extra money. So people can't freely make spawn bases.

Another thing, is maybe we have protected houses in protected towns . . . I know its a terrible idea, but some people like to build a nice house on a claimed plot, collect materials and sell them, instead of craziness. And a full out PvP server only keeps visitors for so long. I think a little more active contributing members would be a great thing for Aggression. And people love diversity, a towny plugin for each admin to build their own town would be kinda cool:D

Other than that, I think its a bad idea not letting people be able to warp to spawn DIRECTLY. For many people start shit at spawn. . .

I also think the charge to claim enemy land is a bit high. When you're fighting to lower power, you die a lot, and drop coin. I think ENEMY land should be 5-10 coin. Other wise it might be really hard to keep fighting and keep your money.

I think we should add a new factor for the siege thing. I know it was removed, but its almost impossible to claim enemy land. The only people I've ever seen successfully take down a faction, was RMM. And every time they did, I was involved in it. I've never seen someone's faction get taken down without me involved. That kills the "Raid" concept. I personally love thieving, but its IMPOSSIBLE! I've jailed people for block lagging into chests, for thats the only way to get in chests! I HIGHLY suggest adding a way to raid. Maybe challenging a faction to a war? Making their land auto-claimable with only a price tag.(Only claimable by your faction), and if they decline more than 5 times, a war challenge gets auto accepted. I only say this because raiding it so damn dry here.

I also agree with false-book being removed. I agree with the VIP tiers, I agree with moving jails, and everything else.

Another thing I think is that we should allow Lt+ players to test-run the new server. We'll be bale to give the most mature, understanding opinions. We know how the admins want it, and I think a more respected opinion might allow you guys to do some changes. For the last thing we want is needy players demanding change. It'll be a hell zone on the server when all the rich players first start.

I'll keep you updated if I think of any more things / disagree with anything lol

--- merged: Aug 26, 2011 at 2:16 AM ---

Just read comments.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to just buy new ranks, I think an admin should give you the permission to level up, and THEN you can buy the rank.

Like if I get on, Echo (since he loves me the most) can message me something like "You are now legible for the Sgt rank."

Also, I think that maybe coins could also be made into an actual item. Like 10 coins can buy you a piece of sponge block, which is worth 20 coins. To add a nice element, so you can raid for money, and at the same time be comfortable enough to make your money raid-able due to the money multiplier.

--- merged: Aug 26, 2011 at 2:25 AM ---

I also think mediators and Cpt+ should keep their in-game ranks :D Why? Because fuck you I'm spiderman. I want a personal spiderman rank too, I will pay 100k for it, rainbow text. I will fly to australia and give Noodle a $7,000 for a spiderman rank.

And about serious things, I REALLY REALLY think admins should approve rank upgrades, for we don't want immature rich players *cough* Willzino, Jordtz, and Lloydies*cough* to be the players nubs look up to.

--- merged: Aug 26, 2011 at 2:27 AM ---

And for m1's dynamic map thing, players should have to pay to put a name up there.

Think about it, if a player hates a faction enough that they want its base to be up for grabs, instead of waring it themselves, they care enough to add to the economy for it. I personally would pay.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Not sure if this is a GREAT idea, but maybe we have all bases within 1000, 1000 coordinates cost a little extra money. So people can't freely make spawn bases.

Bases must be connected, so if they are building spawn bases, that's where the faction base is. Promotes PvP in my opinion.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
What really needs to happen is..

Power per person 100

Faction power uncapped

Faction land capped at 100

If you die you lose a percentage of faction power.

But.. that's not in :(

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits

Another thing, is maybe we have protected houses in protected towns . . . I know its a terrible idea, but some people like to build a nice house on a claimed plot, collect materials and sell them, instead of craziness. And a full out PvP server only keeps visitors for so long. I think a little more active contributing members would be a great thing for Aggression. And people love diversity, a towny plugin for each admin to build their own town would be kinda cool:D

And for m1's dynamic map thing, players should have to pay to put a name up there.

Think about it, if a player hates a faction enough that they want its base to be up for grabs, instead of waring it themselves, they care enough to add to the economy for it. I personally would pay.

You Realize that Admin towns may be fairly silly, Such as my love for TNT may lead to a town littered with TNT cannons, like a massive cannon base :p

as for the Dynamic Map, I was gonna say they one can only report another faction, if they are in the same 'grid' as that faction has property on, for long enough to recon and determine which faction it belongs to.

Maybe a price for doing so would work too, or a faction could always get a small reward for revealing what grid its base is in willingly.

CurlyPhillio

Level 32
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
Ignored this thread for two weeks so had a lot to read. o.o

I think the new ranks are a great shout. However, to incorporate what Velo mentioned about admins still inviting players to rank, maybe players should only be able to get to Major, for example, by paying and from then on they must be invited by the admins? This means that richphags can only get so far and admins can recognise players who are more responsible, dedicated and powerful and invite them to become Colonels and Generals thereafter. Like velo said, players could still have to pay the fee after being invited for these top 2 ranks?

Everything else sounds quality.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Ignored this thread for two weeks so had a lot to read. o.o

I think the new ranks are a great shout. However, to incorporate what Velo mentioned about admins still inviting players to rank, maybe players should only be able to get to Major, for example, by paying and from then on they must be invited by the admins? This means that richphags can only get so far and admins can recognise players who are more responsible, dedicated and powerful and invite them to become Colonels and Generals thereafter. Like velo said, players could still have to pay the fee after being invited for these top 2 ranks?

Everything else sounds quality.

Interesting suggestion! I wonder if...