What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
1) Does the wooden door have to go into your main base? I mean, am I allowed to place wooden door leading into a booby-trapped section of my base. Is this allowed?

I believe all of the base must be accessible through wooden doors. But, if you want to make some that lead to traps, that's fine.

2) Can we block the wooden door with dirt or other materials?

3) Can there be traps at the wooden door? Or does the wooden door have to be a safe entrance into your base?

To blocking the door with blocks, I'd have to say no. This would ruin the idea by making the base unaccessible.

Finally, I'd say yes. Once again, as long as they are not things that make it impossible to access the base.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
I'm not entirely sure about what to do with the nether as I want it to be a confined space, scaled down quite a lot. This might mean the only way to do it is a series of netherportals dotted around the map. To me it would make sense to do this in each Station end as well as the spawn point.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
an idea for possibly giving hints to bases without giving it away, is to have a Dynamic Map.

That doesn't show player locations or the map itself but shows a 10x10 grid (each grid consisting of 1000x1000 blocks) which changes colors based on activity (Amount of people, blocks placed or Deleted, Mobs/players killed)

it would go from Green (Little/No Activity) to Red (High Activity)

This allows for people to know how much activity in each grid of the aggression map, without knowing precisely whats going on. Encouraging exploration, and discouraging factions from being too hidey :p

Maybe allow reporting of faction locations, which factions' names will appear on the map in the grid the report was given in.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
an idea for possibly giving hints to bases without giving it away, is to have a Dynamic Map.

That doesn't show player locations or the map itself but shows a 10x10 grid (each grid consisting of 1000x1000 blocks) which changes colors based on activity (Amount of people, blocks placed or Deleted, Mobs/players killed)

This allows for people to know how much activity in each grid of the aggression map, without knowing precisely whats going on. Encouraging exploration, and discouraging factions from being too hidey :p

Maybe allow reporting of faction locations, which factions' names will appear on the map in the grid the report was given in.

I like this idea... A LOT.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
idea for possibly giving hints to bases without giving it away, is to have a Dynamic Map.

I like it, but exactly how would this be mantained? Manually, I'm guessing?

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Hopefully It could be can be worked to be automatic, the map atleast, Faction reports may have to be manual. Don't know plugins and their limitations that well.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
It's just lazy redstone wiring. Grab some tutorials if you want to make traps. You might even be able to get a tutorial off of someone in game.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
&a[Pvt] - Standard joining rank

&2[Cpl] - Requires 24hour played time - Allows use of lava buckets

&e[Sgt] - Requires 500 coins - Allows use of pistons

&9[Lt] - Requires 1000 coins - Ability to create chat channels

&4[Capt] - Requires 2000 coins - Allows to build shops

&d[Maj] - Requires 3000 coins - ?

&b[Col] - Requires 4500 coins - ?

&3[Gen] - Requires 7000 coins - ?

&7[Mediator] = [Pvt] [Cpl] [Sgt] [Lt] [Capt] [Maj] [Col] [Gen] [Noble] [Hero] [Legend]

&6[Noble]

&6[Hero]

&6[Legend]

&c[Mod]

&5[Admin]

The '&(character)' is a colour code. Feel free to suggest different colour orders for the ranks etc.