What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I like that more. I was responding more to Tanja's idea of punishing people from logging off with negative power if I confused you.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
And I also think there should be some sort of consequence if a member of a faction logs off when they have negative power. It's kind of annoying when you are owning a faction and are so close to claiming their land then they all log off -_-

I was responding to this FYI, that punishing people who logged off with negative power would be more harmful. :p

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
I CBF reading the points before hand, so correct me if this has been said, but also add so even if they are on -10, they still lose 5 power? One time Emil (certain someone) and i were killing some TGA guy, who kept coming at us, but we couldnt claim their land.

--- merged: Sep 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM ---

Also in my opinion, the rank 'Hero' just isnt as attractive as the other ranks. There isnt a major change from Noble to Hero, and if one can buy Hero why not just pay a little 7-10 dollar fee more? I believe Hero should have something more exciting.

ariachred

Level 21
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Max Power: 15

Minimum Power: -20

Power lost on Death: 5

Power Regen per Minute: .75

Cannot Leave Faction On Negative Power: True

Factions should be encouraged to PvP like going into an arena and be aworded prizes.

You spelled awarded wrong.

Also, I dont see how this encourages raiding, and not much of PvP. Three lives to go and die, people will simply fight for two of them and then maintain a buffer? When you break into some ones base and kill them it will lower their power below the maximum they can add? I think that will make the system even more against PvP as well as new players, because after you know some one wont steal or grief, you have to make sure they are skilled. I believe it will also make people more liable to hide where enemies cant kill them in fear of an enemy being able to enter through the path they are exiting and spawn camp two members, which will let them drop the power seventy.

Also, arena PvP isnt factions PvP... that doesnt really encourage raiding as long as people can fight and get prizes by going to an arena while just mining and hiding in their base. I think that also would lower encouragement to raid and fight in the wilderness as well as bases.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
How can we increase player willingness to pvp?

Events

What if there were special prizes for events, like the reduction of the losing faction's power to the minimum if two factions have a mock arena war. (attack, defend, equal arena pvp)

Have some kind of optional risk/reward system where two sides can set the conditions or have pre-set wins/losses.

Ability to raid

Always have raiding gear available (Shops always open near pvp areas)

Force people out of spawn after a set amount of time. (Have them teleported to random coordinates in the wilderness or force them into a minecart)