What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I would say make it where you have to pay for a license for Pistons or have designed approved by an admin due to the fact that if used horribly they can completely lag up a server. *glares at someone but doesn't say a word*

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Ok, i'll wait for more opinions on this before I take any actions though.

Side note; There should be the ability to ' create / join / leave / mute ' private channels as well, or several pre-made ones for you to join. I wont add this to the notes as it isn't fact, might come slightly later.

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
I would say make it where you have to pay for a license for Pistons or have designed approved by an admin due to the fact that if used horribly they can completely lag up a server. *glares at someone but doesn't say a word*

I can understand restricting pistons. It causes lag (though I still wonder on this) But if you are going to limit what we can and can't do with them, you need to set it in stone. Figure out how much is to much, do the leg work, and then make a rule about how many pistons can be in one machine.

And if I can't build a transforming base, I don't want to live in a world like that xD

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I am not sure on what the piston limit is. Aggression is on a pretty beefy server, but the way the server code works a lot of the resources available aren't used properly (especially CPU)

But Pistons are currently like how dispensers used to be for a server. and I would guess for pistons it would have to be a server wide limit, that may be hard to manage with different factions (to keep one from using the entire limit) so maybe a hard limit of how many pistons a faction can use, or an Admin inspection of every circuit used that contains them (and possibly a license to pay for?)

Also I think a Piston becomes worse depending on the clock its on.

Edit: I STRONGLY suggest something to autokick/ban spammers.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
[Pvt] - Standard joining rank

[Cpl] - Requires 24hour played time - Allows Pistons

[Sgt] - Requires 500 coins - Allows Use of Lava Buckets

[Lt] - Requires 1000 coins - Allows to build shops

[Capt] - Requires 1500 coins - The ability to repair armor and weapons

[Maj] - Requires 2000 coins -

[Col] - Requires 2500 coins -

[Gen] - Requires 3000 coins -

Just thought of a new idea. Since we are only allowed to have one base in the new server maybe we can have it so a perk of being a General would be to allow the setting of two homes? So you have a main base and a nifty little out post to put anywhere of your choosing. Only the General in the faction would be able to teleport there of course.....

I don't know. The higher ones are in need of perks and this is just a suggestion

Also, would you be able to skip to a higher rank? Or would you have to buy each prior rank before said rank?

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
I think that if you use pistons for just a push and pull like a trap, it would not cause lag or if it did it would only be for the time taken for the circuit to do its work. Put if you are using pistons for a clock, the clock moves faster and faster which makes everyone re adjust to those constant changes of the clock. But anyways, I think the payments for the faction are not a good idea except for the land purchasing and faction making. Less shit factions would be on the server with the purchase and with the land claiming, people are less apt to buy all the land in sight.

Like Rokku said above.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
cause clocks are useful, such as an automatic arrow gun (useful in defense.) I do agree there is no real reason for a clock being in a circuit with a piston.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Just thought of a new idea. Since we are only allowed to have one base in the new server maybe we can have it so a perk of being a General would be to allow the setting of two homes? So you have a main base and a nifty little out post to put anywhere of your choosing. Only the General in the faction would be able to teleport there of course.....

I don't know. The higher ones are in need of perks and this is just a suggestion

Also, would you be able to skip to a higher rank? Or would you have to buy each prior rank before said rank?

Interesting Tanj, but it's possible for everyone in the faction to be a General. ;(

And no, this is a ladder so you'll need to be a Captain before buying Major for example.

So this whole money thing for a certain rank how does that work?

If you remember '/buyrank private' something similar if not exactly that.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I'd rather give people access to lava before I'd give them access to pistons. Please swap the two. :p I don't feel it's fair to have any multipliers for ranks, this is supposed to be PvP with an economy, not countries managing economies and sometimes going to war. That being said, we should probably remove the coins from mobs thing and make a global shop that you can sell to for extremely poor profit(1 diamond= 15 coins?). When players get their own shops set up(Cost of 10k?), then people will have better places to sell to and buy from.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
That being said, we should probably remove the coins from mobs thing and make a global shop that you can sell to for extremely poor profit(1 diamond= 15 coins?). When players get their own shops set up(Cost of 10k?), then people will have better places to sell to and buy from.

I strongly disagree.