What's new

Aggression V2.0 [Suggestion]

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Aggression V2.0

I’ve been on aggression during it’s highs, and it’s lows. I can honestly say that it is at a low now, I suggest a “revamp”.

The topic I think need changing are

· New spawn

· Removal of tracks

· Stargates/Portals

· Factions

· Shops

· Spawn bases

· Combat

The new spawn is shit in my opinion. It is closed, too bug, and overall confusing.

I suggest a SQUARE open spawn that is floating over a large ocean. The one problem I’ve noticed is that we build first then claim. Claiming first removes many of the design flaws. Even if we need to put a fence and then a drop down zone with the safe-zone fence off it is nearly impossible to get back into the safe zone. Maybe a bit like the old spawn, ABOVE ground, and it need to leave and find everything.

I didn’t like the tracks to begin with, they are useless in my opinion, all they do is cause more trouble for the staff and cause more bans. I suggest removal off all of these along with the new spawn. Instead of the rails I suggest Stargates, or Portal in which you’d go in and end up in a location.

I suggest major changes on factions, land change, power change, cost change.

· Power should be 7/-8, odd numbers you say, death will cause 3 power loose and with a regen of .1 per minute (10 minutes goes by VERY fast when playing minecraft)

· Starting a faction should cost 250 coins, if someone is serious they would vote for the server and get a faction started easily.

I suggest that the shops remove tools and should add food. This is a PvP server not a freebuild, we only need dirt, swords, armor, and food. No need for silly tools.

I would also like to have spawn bases, within a radius of spawn, At least 10 chuncks of warzone from spawn and the base. This will allowed people to actually leave without maximum rape-age (that is now a word).

I would also like for the [New] rank to be brought back, as it helped people see the server without being raped. I would also like for TNT block damage to be turned on but it can only be bought form the shops,

A new map would also be nice, without rails.

EDIT: Would like to add no underground bases/bunkers

Feedback?

J3ll0

Level 13
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I do like most of your ideas here, but i think .1 power regen/minute is much too little; maybe up to .2 per minute or keep it and have some power restored upon a kill? I especially would love a new spawn without rails, since they are being exploited nonstop, and a much smaller spawn too(above ground), but i dont really think on an ocean is exactly the best possible place for it, i prefer on some mountain with a 2-3 block drop to get out on all sides, or just an artificial hill like that.

I completely approve of stargates returning, our spawn as is does not even have a nether portal. We may want the stargate to lead off to some large city with tons more stuff, like more shops, buy-able houses, player shops, etc. This way, we have, as a server, a great looking showpiece and still have a small spawn for better PvP. Now, I do think that shops should include food, but why leave out tools? They never hurt anyone... Anyway, everything else I did not mention, I think will be perfectly fine as you said. Feel free to comment on my comment.

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
Sea i agree with you a whole lot. I hate the spawn almost as much as i hate circles. Its to closed and to laggy, the build isn't even finished. out of the 4 floors the spawn has, only 1 is used. a Spawn such as the one in Aggression 1.7 would be MUCH easier, less buggy, and less waste of space. (may i mention spawn bases? : D) The rails do nothing but get all the new players jailed for hitting people while still in the safe zone it provides. Sea, you posted it before i could.

In short: I AGREE

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
I do agree with many of the points raised in this post.

New Spawn

The current spawn's aesthetics are far better than 1.7's. When people log onto a server, the first thing they see is the spawn. If the spawn looks terrible they might quit. I know I would. However, you're right. The new spawn is closed so it reduces opportunities to PvP since you can't even see anyone outside of spawn. Also, it is filled with bugs. People stand in the way of other people's minecarts which frustrates them and the spawn gives people free minecarts.

Removal of Rails

Even though the rails look nice and are convenient, they are riddled with exploits. I totally agree with you on this one. The abuse of the rails (e.g PvPing on the rails) annoyed me while I was a Mediator and I'm sure the Staff agree.

Stargates/Portals

If I remember correctly, the only reason the Nether hasn't been enabled is because it lags and/or crashes the server. When I read the Aggression 1.1 Development notes, I was surprised with the removal of Stargates. I enjoyed the Stargate feature of Aggression and 1.7 and I feel its removal was for the worse. Adding stargates back in will also benefit donaters since Legends were able to create Stargates in 1.7.

Factions

I'm indifferent about the rate power regenerates as this doesn't have much effect on the larger factions like RMM, Resistance and Luck3rs. It might make life difficult for the smaller factions since they regenerate power slowly.

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
I do agree with many of the points raised in this post.

New Spawn

The current spawn's aesthetics are far better than 1.7's. When people log onto a server, the first thing they see is the spawn. If the spawn looks terrible they might quit. I know I would. However, you're right. The new spawn is closed so it reduces opportunities to PvP since you can't even see anyone outside of spawn. Also, it is filled with bugs. People stand in the way of other people's minecarts which frustrates them and the spawn gives people free minecarts.

Removal of Rails

Even though the rails look nice and are convenient, they are riddled with exploits. I totally agree with you on this one. The abuse of the rails (e.g PvPing on the rails) annoyed me while I was a Mediator and I'm sure the Staff agree.

Stargates/Portals

If I remember correctly, the only reason the Nether hasn't been enabled is because it lags and/or crashes the server. When I read the Aggression 1.1 Development notes, I was surprised by the removal of Stargates. I enjoyed the Stargate feature of Aggression and 1.7 and I feel its removal was for the worse. Adding stargates back in will also benefit donaters since Legends were able to create Stargates in 1.7.

Factions

I'm indifferent about the rate power regenerates as this doesn't have much effect on the larger factions like RMM, Resistance and Luck3rs. It might make life difficult for the smaller factions since they regenerate power slowly. Also, this will make bases smaller since you only get 7 power instead of the usual 10, which I don't like.

The price decrease to create a faction is a pretty good suggestion in my opinion. People are discouraged from playing on the server if creating a faction takes a long time.

Shops

You raise a valid point there. With the addition of hunger in 1.8, food has become a necessity and therefore needs to be sold in shops. However, I must disagree with you about tools not being sold in shops. The selling of tools is quite convenient and can help new players complete their base quicker than using wooden tools.

Spawn Bases

Love this idea. It promotes PvP however it might deter new players venturing out of the spawn since they can be easily picked off by archers on top of the towers.

The [New] Rank

This idea is pretty good but some people might trick the new players into promoting to Private. The [New] rank protects the new players from attackers which is good in my opinion since many new players complain about being raped before they can make a base.

TNT doing block damage

Sorry but I think this idea is terrible. TNT was probably disabled to avoid environment griefing and this will happen if it is re-enabled. I prefer TNT as it is. TNT not doing block damage promotes PvP as that is the only way you can attack another faction's base.

New map

No thank you. We've already endured one in 1.8 which many people were not happy about.

No underground bases/bunkers

I don't think this rule is necessary. Players should be entitled to build their base however and wherever they like. It restricts the play-style of people.

This is just my opinion.

-Snowyblitz

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Well, considering PVP kills seem to be going along pretty well (5000 kills since the last server restart)

A better spawn would be nice. and maybe replacing rails with raised highways (or boatways ^_^) with only designated ways in and out. to keep rampant running in and out of spawn.

Edit: Spawn bases fucking suck, just saying. 1.7 aggression I couldn't even leave spawn without /god on without being raped by spawn campers. and good luck finding a good path past the wall of spawn bases EVERY faction made, might as well made the map 200x200 for new members.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
The only and I mean ONLY thing I would suggest changing is the TNT.

I want it to be implemented. I want creeper drops to be turned off and I want it to be relatively hard to get.

Have it either cost 5,000 coins or somewhere under 10,000.

That is my only opinion on the subject. if new players don't know how to use a minecart to leave the spawn then they probably don't know how to get dressed in the morning either.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
The reason for new map would be new spawn

Spawn bases would be at least 160 blocks from spawn, far distance view

Power regen bumped to .3 per minute

How would that be?