What's new

Aggression V2.0 [Suggestion]

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
an idea would be to have a ladder system for factions and individuals. The trick to this would be to remove any way for the players to see their KDR except at the time where the rewards are given out. So individuals can't see where they are in standings, and factions only get three peeks at what people's KDR to see how they are doing as a total before awards are given out.

Also I would plan for this to be posted somewhere on this site as a big flashy "These guys did the best this week" or "These factions pwned the most this month" and it lets people kind of well.. keep them from winning again? ^_^

Say every week we give the top three individuals in KDR a reward

First place gets a full set of diamond armor, tools and some coins (1000 coins)

second place gets a full Iron set and coins (500 coins)

Third gets Leather and cobble tools and coins (250 coins)

And every month we will give the top three factions (in KDR) a reward.

First place gets 32 diamond blocks

Second place gets 32 Iron blocks

Third place gets 32 bricks

(the prizes I kinda just guessed on what would work, correct me if you feel there should be different rewards)

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Well, here are a couple things that I'll repeat, and suggest below. These are the things that I believe could greatly improve PvP on the server.

1. A necessity for PvP would, obviously, make factions want to PvP more. A few suggestions here could be to reduce money from monsters, and increase money from players. This would make players wanting to purchase things need to kill players for a faster income. Not sure about this one. The next one is that we can enable some way to get into faction bases. This will convince many players to come out of their bases and raid, and for others to attempt to build defenses to stop them. Finally, creating a more hostile enviornment outside of our spawn would lead to more PvP, out of necessity to thrive. This suggestion is not one I'd recommend above others though, as it's complicated and would require a map reset. Here's what it is: We can get a plugin developer to create a simple generation code (I could probably do this) that will cause coal, iron, gold, redstone, etc, to spawn in smaller veins, and a lot less. With this, players would need to PvP and raid to gather more resources.

2. Capturable areas (not battlegrounds, you'd lose your things when you die, not items generated when you go to the area) with benefits, such as cheap shops or healing areas. If we could motivate factions to capture and fight over these, we'd see a lot of PvP. Of course, this would require somebody who really knows how to code plugins to make it. It would also need some way of finding out what factions there are and who are in those factions.

That's all I've got for now, I'll edit this if I think of anything else.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I'll agree with Erskew , lower mob money to like 1-3$ per kill and make it so you get 20% from players that you kill, instead of the current 10%. I also do like his control point kind of thing more than just arena fights, it provides an incentive to fight, without requiring constant fighting to even play at all on the server. Maybe these points could be contested once a week, so that you can enjoy your benefits, but still have to fight to keep them.

And for everyone who tells us to "quit complaining and actually PvP.", no one is going to do something that gains them nothing, and requires resources to do. What about the armor that you get, you ask? No one wants some half-broken armor that will get you raped if you wear it. The rare chances where you get 50 coins or so from killing people isn't worth it either, because you can get 5 times that many coins for voting, and it doesn't damage your armor at all.

Another problem with fighting on Aggression is that people band together and try to catch people in like 1v5's so they have no chance of losing, and this discourages the 1 guy from entering combat, when the 5 people need to be encouraged to fight individually or against groups their own size.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Well let me intoduce a simple equation, sword/armor/hunger/players fighting/lag

What made PvP so easy was that there was an abundant amount of sword and food. People would have chest dedicaded to diamond swords. This made a loose seem like a simple iron sword. If we add a starter kit (upon joining) of an iron sword,leather armor, and some food it will give them a small taste of PvP along with putting a mass amounts of iron swords into the economy and making them disposable with no major loss. We should also add a bounty plugin, upon dearth of a player the killer would get the bounty that people place on them. We should also add mcmmo and cap the combat skills at 250 and the rest at 500, and remove acrobatics to ensure no fall damage is detected.

Note: Was typed on Ipod touch, disregard the mistakes.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Daily kill bonus' like LoL. First three kills give you a bonus each day. 1st kill = xxx 2nd = xx 3rd = x

Increases incentive to PvP especially if the kill bonus outweighs the cost of losing items.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Sea, I understand what you're saying, but my thoughts here are that we need to decrease the ability to simply get items through methods other than PvP easily. If Iron Swords are worth almost nothing, then other things like it will become worthless as well, therefore decreasing PvP. If these things were valuable, then people wanting them would need to PvP and steal from others to get the stuff.

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
@erskew

A Bounty System, if implemented, will work well in your example. The iniative is the bounty from killing that player. I don't know how it will benefit the "hunted", though.

Mr_Lucky

Level 3
Aug 6, 2011
Credits
I think we need a weekly/monthly KDR reset, since people who have been spawnkilled a lot gets a much lower chance to get a high KDR currently. Same with people who werent the best at PvP before but have improved a lot. This would make more up-to-date KDRs, and prevent people who's been banned for a long time to still be on the KDR list.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
hence my idea of a KDR based 'top three' system. for people each week their KDR is reset, and the top three get a reward.

Factions would have a total KDR rating and the top 1-3 (depending on how many factions there are) also get a reward at the end of each month before faction total KDR is reset.

I would also suggest only making KDR known when it is reset, to keep people from looking at it and knowing how their standing is. so it would encourge people to be the best. but they wouldn't really know who is the best. and factions only get three peeks at player KDR to get an idea how they stand ^_^

Also maybe a leader-board on the site for this.

Jake

Level 12
Jul 4, 2011
Credits
I agree, but if we have a new spawn I think it should be the exact same as the old one. With the new spawn there is just about no pvp. The old one there was at least one person being killed every 3 minutes and you could see where you were going when you left it, the new one The rails are impossible to pvp on (literally) and there is no where to build spawn bases. Bring Back the old spawn please :D

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I agree, but if we have a new spawn I think it should be the exact same as the old one. With the new spawn there is just about no pvp. The old one there was at least one person being killed every 3 minutes and you could see where you were going when you left it, the new one The rails are impossible to pvp on (literally) and there is no where to build spawn bases. Bring Back the old spawn please :D

7768 server kills recorded so far... If PvP isn't happening, its cause everyone is too busy hiding and not fighting.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Sea, I'll agree to capping other skills, but no combat skills at all. Why do we need them? Nerfed bows? 1.8 introduced that. Blocking? Again, 1.8. Critical hits? 1.8.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Look - we've all come to the conclusion that PvP isn't happening because people are too busy hiding, and that they will not PvP unless there is a reward from it. So, let's try and come up with a way to make a reward from it instead of just talking about what we've already concluded. The KDR suggestion appears to be a motivation, but hardly a large one. I highly suggest one of my suggestions (either the one about lowering the spawn rate of ores so that players will want to PvP with others to get the resources they need, or the one about capturable areas). Now, if we were to choose my second suggestion, we'd need a plugin developer to make it.

Dannie, could you contact fieldmaster about this?

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
a suggestion I tossed to Noodle that was sorta liked.

Is to make power based on Faction actions. Each bit of land requires a certain amount of 'points' to maintain. with a Kill counting as 1, and a death counting as .10

This is a bit of a heavy handed way to promote PvP... but if factions want a huge base... they should have to fight to keep it :/

Also remove the damage reduction in faction owned land.