What's new

Aggression V2.0 [Suggestion]

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
I see where both Tanja and M1 are coming from. Firstly with a limited map size the map becomes familiarised, recognised, memorable and easy to predict after a while. Having said that though there is the difficulty with resetting maps in that people like what they have built and not liking it lost. I'm currently having difficulty coming online but when I next get a chance I will come online and have a chat with Echo, Noodle and M1 when I get a chance to see what we can do regarding drafting in and making changes by replacing chunks and such.

Dakry.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I am also wondering if bases in general harms PvP. Not that im calling the pretty bases bad but, I've noticed that it seems there is a burst of PvP activity when factions are finding land to claim and setting up bases. and after bases are set up PvP activity seems to drop a decent amount.

I would wonder if making fighting more appealing than hiding in a base (not saying everyone does this, but it does seem to happen enough to make the change in stats noticeable)

(Like at the moment, 12 people online and only 15 to 17 kills in an hour.)

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Bases are necessary to store items. Players would be more likely to rage quit once they died and lost all their equipment....

Saying bases aren't needed in PvP is like saying that BoN would be okay without Noodles.

It just wouldn't be the same</3

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I am also wondering if bases in general harms PvP. Not that im calling the pretty bases bad but, I've noticed that it seems there is a burst of PvP activity when factions are finding land to claim and setting up bases. and after bases are set up PvP activity seems to drop a decent amount.

Then, obviously, the discussion here should be on how we can keep bases, but at the same time reduce the safety they provide. :p

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
one Idea I am thinking of, is to make a power cap based on the amount of PvP a faction sees in a week. this would reward factions who actually fight with a higher cap. (kills and deaths count towards the cap, as to not punish factions who try to fight and are not having a good time at it, but kills will be better rewarded)

(I agree bases are required for a PvP server, but we would want to encourage more fighting and less hiding in said bases ^_^)

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Yes to spawn change, this spawn is kinda messed up with the fog, people are dicks with the minecarts and it's easy as hell to hit someone and run back into the safe zone.

Yes to slowing down power regen, already made an argument my self.

No to requiring PvP to increase faction power.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
another idea is, power doesn't regen in safe areas(spawn or their faction base). to keep people from hiding out at their base until their power is back up?

garfield32

Level 24
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
How bout gettin mo' creatures smp? it will make alot better, horses for better traveling across the map ogres to make bases more protected yea it also requires a small download for the modloaderMP but it will be worth it :D

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
How bout gettin mo' creatures smp? it will make alot better, horses for better traveling across the map ogres to make bases more protected yea it also requires a small download for the modloaderMP but it will be worth it :D

No. In my opinion, mods being required for servers will only end up significantly reducing server numbers.

Mr_Lucky

Level 3
Aug 6, 2011
Credits
I like the spawn, but I don't like rails being safezone, and the spawn bases rule. Spawn bases made pvp way more common, removing them just makes gameplay more boring. Rails should not be safe imo, and if it doesnt work well i suggest you remove them and replace them with a pvp enabled highway for people to run easily through the terrain.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I think we have explained/bashed spawn bases enough. That will just be a firm 'No' from pretty much every admin here :p

and the reason its 'Boring' is cause no one wants to fight most of the time. (Presumably hiding out in their base or at spawn)

Case in point. 14 people online right now

Kills in the last 15 minutes : 1

Kills in the last hour : 8

how about people stop bitching about there being no PvP... and actually PvP

...I mean it is a PvP server

(Not trying to be mean, but I am being blunt about this as its about as annoying as people claiming 'Rollbacks')

AWhite__Guy

Level 28
Jul 13, 2011
Credits
I agree with Cub. But can that even be done?

--- merged: Oct 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM ---

I agree with him on the two spawns, sorry for not pointing that out.

Denerius

Level 11
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
and the reason its 'Boring' is cause no one wants to fight most of the time. (Presumably hiding out in their base or at spawn)

Case in point. 14 people online right now

Kills in the last 15 minutes : 1

Kills in the last hour : 8

how about people stop bitching about there being no PvP... and actually PvP

...I mean it is a PvP server

I agree with you. I'm not saying everyone is bitching about PvP but what I've seen is that people mostly camp their bases and are just too scared to PvP. What keeps PvP going is actually people doing PvP. My mindset is, I don't care if I loose stuff. I do PvP for fun.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
The very thing that makes PvP rewarding is the thing that keeps people from doing it. Loot. We need a way to increase the loot gained and decrease the loot lost without opening up the system to exploitation and making combat meaningless.