What's new

Aggression V2.0 [Suggestion]

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
oh god. I can imagine the bitching when notch has an update that forces a new map...

The fuck? in 1.7 was it hard to

GO THE OTHER WAY when people camped the spawn?

New spawn is buggy and just TO BIG.

Me and Tom have tried this, its just as easy for campers to move the other way as well. and doesn't matter anyways when spawn bases completely surrounded spawn.

In short: there will not be spawn bases as it causes MUCH more harm than good in a PVP environment, unless people prefer just spawn-camping noobs. In that case we can just call it 'Campers World PvP' and not 'Aggression PvP'

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
But finding the chunks built would be hard :(

--- merged: Oct 7, 2011 at 3:56 AM ---

Edit: well i suppose factions would be saved some how.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Suggestion: 1.9 update= Aggression 2.0? :D. Gl finding those chuncks with no buildings on them bro.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
People need to rage less about possible changes. If the map needs to be reset, it will be reset. Your fancy bases and massive stockpiles of supplies can be rebuilt. I heard unused chunks will be regened with the new map render. but that may cause the map to become broke and or ugly as fuck :p

Now as for PvP changes. one needs to consider that for changes to be successful, it needs to improve the gameplay for noobs just as much as established factions and long-playing members.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Just saying it's easier to get a new map than to regen several hundred maybe a thousand chuncks, and you just KNOW something will go wrong.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
The map is fine. I see no need to change it.

The players aren't complaining about it, why was this even brought up?

Just curious.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Spawn needs to be changed. Perhaps if the, "New" rank is re-introduced, we have two separate spawns. One for players who are in factions or above the, "New" rank and one for new players.

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
Dear God thank you Cub!! There could be a certain code for Advanced players spawn and The Advanced players arnt allowed to get past "Gates" unless your title is New

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Spawn needs to be changed. Perhaps if the, "New" rank is re-introduced, we have two separate spawns. One for players who are in factions or above the, "New" rank and one for new players.

This is something I can compromise on but in all honesty if you reset the map again I can guarentee you'll be losing players.

I haven't heard anyone complaining about the spawn..... It's different but it's not disastious. I think you guys are just upset that you can't spawn camp anymore. You actually have to go out and FIND fights, like PvP SHOULD be.

The environment for a battle shouldn't always be known. Where would be the fun in that?

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
This is something I can compromise on but in all honesty if you reset the map again I can guarentee you'll be losing players.

I haven't heard anyone complaining about the spawn..... It's different but it's not disastious. I think you guys are just upset that you can't spawn camp anymore. You actually have to go out and FIND fights, like PvP SHOULD be.

The environment for a battle shouldn't always be known. Where would be the fun in that?

Actually it is easier to camp on this spawn than the last one. but with the spawn base rules in place currently. at least people can get away from spawn without hitting a faction base.

I think most of the frustration with the current spawn is the rails and the asshattery and exploits that surround it.

and honestly, seeing the rages over the maps make me lol... If you think about it. The limited map would require map resets or lots of regeneration on occasion due to the depletion of ores.

Edit: Careful Tanja, you contradicted yourself about not having map resets/people being angry about it. :p "The environment for a battle shouldn't always be known" with a limited map, people will begin to memorize the map, and thus the environment for battles will become increasingly known as time goes on.

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
Um, Im not sure I understood that, but like Tanja said, I GUARANTEE that we will lose players, and mostly the more experienced ones, like we have already.