What's new

Gaming News

Everyone can post news here.The news posted here could be anything from gaming to world news.This section will be monitored fairly heavily.
Elden Ring's mightiest hero, Let Me Solo Her has now defeated Malenia, Blade of Miquella 1,000 times – and shared his glory with fans by livestreaming the milestone on YouTube.Despite being considered one of Elden Ring's toughest bosses, with various strategies to defeat Malenia rising and falling, one increasingly guaranteed way to win the fight is by summoning Let Me Solo Her.The legendary player was first spotted in April for wearing nought but a pot on his head and wielding two katanas. Telling players to stay back, Let Me Solo Her would take on Malenia by himself, and has now beaten the boss roughly 999 more times than most players.In his two and a half hour long stream, Let Me Solo Her starts at 981 kills before inching...
Thanks to the recent reveal, I can't wait until it's Bat-time for Gotham Knights. Also, I recently tasked my firstborn with replaying Rocksteady's games—from Arkham Asylum to Knight—and can confirm they've all aged like fine wines. If you missed them the first time around or you fancy a cheap replay, I've provided some avenues below.Notable Sales for Nintendo SwitchPurchase Cheaply for PCExciting Offers for XO/XSProduct Savings for PS4/PS5Adam’s our Aussie deals wrangler. You can watch him game on YouTube.Continue reading...
Apex Legends Season 13 Saviors launched May 10th and there’s a lot to go over from Stormpoint map changes, new Legend Newcastle, and new balance updates. There are actually quite a few major weapon changes and smaller Legend adjustments that has the community talking about how this might be the most interesting update to Apex yet. Here’s everything you need to know about the latest Apex Legends Season update.Map ChangesThe map rotations this season will be Olympus, World’s Edge, and Storm Point. Stormpoint has some minor and major changes to its map this time around. There’s a new POI called Downed Beast where the giant sea creature rose up and died while fighting the Legends. Downed Beast is a high tier loot location that connects...
I really wanted to love Salt and Sacrifice, and for a little while, I did. As the sequel to one of my favorite soulslikes, Salt and Sanctuary, it hit all of the buttons I had hoped it would: challenging combat, a huge variety of grotesque and intimidating enemies, fun boss fights, and an expansive world to explore. But there’s a monster-sized twist to Salt and Sacrifice’s gameplay formula: It introduces Monster Hunter-like elements, complete with repeatable boss hunts, roaming area bosses, and exhausting chases of your targets through gigantic zones. It’s a risky experiment, and one that doesn’t quite pay off.Right out of the gate, Salt and Sacrifice doesn’t initially seem all that different from its 2016 predecessor. It still has...
Spawn on Me's Kahlief Adams joins us to discuss a busy week of Xbox news, from EA seemingly accidentally revealing Shepard's return to Mass Effect (do we even want Shepard back? Are we hyped for this?), where Activision can take Sledgehammer's Call of Duty games from here after the disappointing Vanguard, Gotham Knights leaving Xbox One behind, Clippy in Halo Infinite, and more!Subscribe on any of your favorite podcast feeds, to our YouTube channel, or grab an MP3 download of this week's episode. For more awesome content, check out our latest IGN Unfiltered interview, where Joseph Staten – one of Halo's original creators and now the head of creative on Halo Infinite – discusses his fascinating career:Oh, and you can be featured on...
Between both of Aloy’s Horizon journeys, I’ve spent dozens of hours meticulously dismantling robotic foes big and small. Scanning for weakpoints, learning what parts make those creatures tick - and which parts will make them go boom - is one of the most thrilling aspects of Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West.So I gained a bit of newfound appreciation for these virtual technical marvels as, rather than tearing one apart, I got to construct one with PlayStation and LEGO’s collaboration, a Horizon Tallneck LEGO set. Coming in at 1,222 pieces and standing over a foot tall once fully built, the first LEGO set inspired by the Horizon universe offers a new perspective on these creatures, and gave me a newfound appreciation for how...
Electronic Arts offered its investors a sneak peek at what it's got cooking for 2023 today during its earnings report, including a planned "major IP" as well as an unannounced "remake."A slide on EA's Q4 2022 earnings presentation gives a look at its next four months of releases, with F1 22 in Q1, FIFA and Madden NFL in Q2, and Need for Speed and NHL in Q3. In Q4, which covers January through March of 2023, we get one named franchise: PGA Tour. But we also see four big, enticing unknowns:Major IP Partner Title Remake Sports TitleIt's not clear now exactly what any of these four are. The "Remake" invokes thoughts of the known Dead Space remake, but it's unlikely this is the case. EA both mentions in a footnote that all four...
Gotham Knights is set to release on October 25 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. There will be no previous-gen versions of the game, so PS4 and Xbox One are out of luck unless they upgrade. Developed by WB Games Montreal, Gotham Knights is an open-world action RPG that takes place in the dark metropolis after Batman has died (uh, spoilers). You can play solo or with one other player, taking the role of Robin, Batgirl, Red Hood, or Nightwing as you confront Gotham’s criminal element.Gotham Knights will be available in standard, deluxe, and collector’s editions. Below, you’ll find all the info about what comes in each edition, how much it costs, and where to preorder.Gotham Knights Collector’s EditionPS5Get it at Best...
I’ve never seen a small spin-off game meet my expectations this comprehensively before. Fun, short-lived, slightly repetitive, yet leaving me interested to know more, Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising was exactly how I pictured it. Releasing a companion game before the main game – in this case the upcoming Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, is certainly an unusual choice, especially given that Rising takes a very different approach to its JRPG sibling by swapping turn-based battles for a 2D action-RPG format. Make no mistake though, it’s worth playing for its own strengths.Our goal in Rising is to rebuild New Neveah, a town decimated by an earthquake several months ago. That same event also unearthed several ruins stacked with treasure...
Monster Hunter Rise will soon have more official Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers than any other franchise as Capcom has announced a new design based on the incoming Sunbreak DLC.Capcom revealed the new dragon-like Malzeno design in its latest Monster Hunter Digital Event and confirmed the Pro Controller will launch alongside the Sunbreak expansion on June 30.The Malzeno version is silver and black with the dragon coming in from the left. Compare that with the gold and black design of the previous Monster Hunter Rise controller, which sees another monster coming in from the right.The controller doesn't appear to be available to preorder anywhere at the time of writing though will likely be available as normal through gaming...
Intel has once again delayed the release window of its highly-anticipated first-generation Arc desktop graphics cards. While the CPU maker still plans to release the GPUs in Q2, most of the Arc series desktop cards won't launch until later this summer.Intel VP and General Manager for the Visual Compute Group, Lisa Pearce, wrote that Intel plans to launch its first desktop GPUs in China with some caveats. Only the entry-level Arc 3 graphics cards will be released, and those components will only be made available to Chinese system builders and OEMs before it expands to self-builders and a worldwide market.The more powerful Arc 5 and Arc 7 desktop cards are anticipated to launch "later this summer," according to Intel.Intel also...
FromSoftware's developers are "actively working" to fix the Dark Souls trilogy's PC servers after a serious exploit brought them down in January.As reported by PC Gamer, reddit user Relevant-Heart-1751 received an email from publisher Bandai Namco saying the servers would be brought back online "as soon as possible".The user had contacted Bandai Namco to ask if the servers for Dark Souls (Prepare to Die Edition and Remastered), Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 3 - turned off after an exploit allowed other players to take over the user's PC - would ever be turned back on."I'm happy to confirm that the developers are actively working on resolving the issue in question and re-launching the Dark Souls servers for PC as soon as...
Proudly continuing the tradition of every Warhammer game needing to have at least three titles, Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters is more than just XCOM with space marines. It's an often unforgiving and deceptively deep crusade against the disgusting minions of Nurgle with an ever-evolving strategic map and intense turn-based tactical battles. There are certainly times when it crosses the line from satisfying challenge into pure frustration, with excessive use of reinforcement swarms and some pretty wicked built-in failure spirals. But you know what they say about the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium.We've seen so many 40K games in the last decade that the announcement of a new one can make me roll my eyes, even as a...
Combining elements of survival, deception, and a dash of cannibalism, Dread Hunger is a social deduction game in which a crew of eight embark on a perilous trip into the Arctic during the 19th century. As if the lack of resources and freezing conditions you’ll encounter on these dangerous expeditions don’t already test your survival skills enough, two crew members known as Thralls are out to sabotage the entire operation. Here are five things you need to know about Dread Hunger before hopping into this backstabbing voyage of the damned.Survival of the FittestAs an Explorer, you’re tasked with keeping your ship afloat and moving towards the objective while just about everything – from the harsh environment to treacherous teammates...
The PlayStation Store recently suggested that Gotham Knights had transitioned from a maximum of 2-player to 4-player co-op, but this was seemingly a mistake.Last week, users on Reddit noticed that a PS Store listing mentions that the game would support up to 4 players online. However, that PS Store listing has quietly been changed to reflect that the game actually "supports up to 2 online players".In addition, a new gameplay trailer shows off that the game continues to include only two of the four playable characters at any one time, and mentions that, "while you can play the whole game solo, you can also protect Gotham in co-op with a friend." The trailer makes no mention of other players, or even AI companions that take your...
AMD announced today that it is adding new graphics cards to its Radeon RX 6000 series. Promising faster game clocks and memory.Three new GPUs have been added to the Radeon RX 6000 line: the RX 6650 XT, the 6750 XT, and the 6950 XT. Like other GPUs in the RX 6000 series, the latest cards use RDNA 2, the graphical architecture that is used in the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and the Steam Deck.The most powerful of the three new SKUs announced today, the RX 6950 XT is for those looking to play games in 4K resolution. It features 16GB of GDDR6 memory and will now serve as the current flagship in the RX 6000 family of graphics cards. AMD aims to make this GPU a competitor to Nvidia's RTX 3090. Pricing for the RX 6590 XT starts at $1,099.For...
A new 13-minute gameplay demo for Gotham Knights has revealed a closer look at Nightwing and Red Hood, two of the game's playable heroes. The demo shows off some of their combat and traversal mechanics, as well as a look at how gear works, some crime activities, and a rumble with the Court of Owls.The video above shows off gameplay from Gotham Knights in both single player and two player co-op. We get to see two crimes in action, which are short activities found in the open world which Game Director Geoff Ellenor describes as being their own mini game modes with rules and optional objectives. Shown first is Illegal Hack, which sees your chosen hero busting up a gang attempting to hack a bank, and later in the video is Illegal...
Gotham Knights will no longer be released for PS4 and Xbox One.When the game was first revealed in 2020, it was set to include PS4 and Xbox One versions, but those have seemingly been cancelled ahead of release.In an announcement about a new gameplay trailer today, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive included a very short note about the last-gen versions of the game no longer being released. No specific reasoning was given, other than to say that it would "provide players with the best possible gameplay experience."After a delay, the game will arrive on October 25 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store) only.Gotham Knights comes from Batman: Arkham Origins developer WB Montreal, and allow players to...
Paramount+ has released the first trailer for Players, an upcoming League of Legends esports mockumentary from American Vandal creators Tony Yacenda and Dan Perrault.The trailer invites viewers into the world of competitive gaming by tagging along with a fictional League of Legends esports team as they set out to "pursue their first championship after years of close calls and heartache," though "to win it all, they will need their prodigy, a 17-year-old rookie, and their 27-year-old veteran to put their egos aside and work together."Players will premiere on June 16, exclusively on Paramount Plus. The series is being produced by CBS Studios in association with Funny or Die and has reunited Yacenda and Perrault after their work on...
If you're keen for a hair-raising experience, best make room in your item box for some cheap Resident Evils. Anybody who craves tense action should set their course for Resi Village. If you prefer the ol' creeping dread instead, Resi 7 will be more your bag. I'd also like to recommend the VR mod for the latter. It's proper brown undergarments stuff.Notable Sales for Nintendo SwitchPurchase Cheaply for PCExciting Offers for XO/XSProduct Savings for PS4/PS5Adam’s our Aussie deals wrangler. You can watch him game on YouTube.Continue reading...
Activision Blizzard is actively discouraging Raven Software QA employees from voting in favor of unionization, ahead of an ongoing election with a deadline of May 20.According to a Washington Post report, Raven management has been sending employees messages and holding town hall meetings about the election, including an April 26 town hall where employees were told that unionization might harm game development and impact promotions or benefits.Following that event, an email was reportedly send around to employees with a graphic attached that read, "Please vote no."The National Labor Relations Board approved the unionization vote in late April, following an extended back and forth between quality assurance workers and management...
The Super Nintendo port of Wolfenstein 3D is notorious among retro fans for being the worst version of the pioneering shooter. On top of the console's technical limitations and lousy controls, it was heavily censored, leading to some bizarre artistic choices.A new clip from FPS: First Person Shooter, an upcoming documentary about the rise of the genre with words from more than 45 well-known developers, showcases the origins of Wolfenstein 3D. Toward the end of the clip, it delves into the Super Nintendo port and what a nightmare it was deal with Nintendo censors.""We knew we would have to get rid of some of the Nazi paraphernalia due to the fact that they wanted to sell the game in Germany," programmer Becky Heineman remembers...
EA has announced the date of its next developer diary stream for Dead Space Remake titled "Crafting the Tension." It will premiere later this week on May 12 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET on EA's various official video channels including YouTube and Twitch.As part of EA's ongoing behind-the-scenes deep dives into the development of the Dead Space remake, the company has been hosting various livestreams that focus on a particular aspect of the survival horror title. Past videos have focused on sound design and physics, but the upcoming video will highlight the art.According to EA, the next developer livestream will "offer a deep dive into various aspects of the upcoming game's art design. The team at Motive will show early footage into how...
It’s no secret that Formula 1 is surging in popularity right now – largely because they’ll tell you, any chance they get. In fairness, that’s what quality promoters do – and it’s precisely this sort of promotion that’s seen F1 gather such an impressive amount of momentum over the past few years.On the back of explosive online growth, the success of Netflix’s surprise hit Drive to Survive, and some long-awaited rising interest in the US, F1 is in a very healthy spot. The fastest growing sports league on the planet in terms of online follower growth in 2021? F1. The highest-attended live sporting event in the world last year? The US F1 Grand Prix. In fact, the Abu Dhabi season finale had a higher TV audience than Superbowl LVI – almost...
Resident Evil Re:Verse may still be on track for release in 2022, despite developer Capcom going completely silent on it following a series of delays.As shared by Gematsu on Twitter (below), the Google Stadia version of Re:Verse – the PvP game originally scheduled to arrive alongside Resident Evil: Village – has been rated by European ratings board PEGI.Though Capcom hasn't confirmed any release window except just "this year", a game being rated usually signifies that a relatively complete version has been presented and it therefore isn't too far from being released.The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions were rated exactly one year earlier (on May 7) but this was also the release date of Resident Evil: Village, and...
If you have an AMD graphics card made in the last couple of years, even a modest one, and you don’t have a FreeSync gaming monitor, it’s time to upgrade that display. That goes double if you've nabbed one of the newest Big Navi graphics cards, like the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, which can pump out 4K visuals and spit out high frame rates at 1080p and 1440p. Once you experience the smoothness and responsiveness of a variable refresh rate monitor paired with a powerful graphics card, there’s just no going back.Gamers with a beefy AMD graphics card in their gaming PCs owe it to themselves to upgrade to a FreeSync gaming display—the difference is truly striking. And, it's one of the best ways to avoid screen tearing, a problem that can...
EVE Online developer CCP Games is working on another first person shooter set in its sci-fi universe, after its first two attempts failed to break through.As reported by PCGamesN, CCP Games announced at EVE Fanfest 2022 that the shooter was already in development and, while it's not ready for a full reveal yet, a piece of concept art (below) was shown."We recognise that a hard sci-fi FPS game set in the Eve Universe is a very popular concept, and CCP is committed to offering an innovative multiplayer shooter with atmospheric visuals," the developer said in a statement. "We want to show you rather than tell you how we have evolved the concept, and we’re looking forward to doing so when the time comes to reveal the game."The game...
Electronic Arts has announced it's making a mobile Lord of the Rings game, which will be a free-to-play collectible RPG entitled The Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth.The publisher has been coy about details thus far, and hasn't released any images or gameplay beyond this one piece of art:The game is being made in partnership with Middle-earth Enterprises as the image suggests, and will be "solely inspired by Middle-earth as described in the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien" according to chief brand and licensing officer for Middle-earth Enterprises, Fredrica Drotos.Heroes of Middle-earth will apparently feature "immersive storytelling, turn-based combat, deep collection systems, and a wide roster of characters" from...
A scrapped 2001 version of Duke Nukem Forever has seemingly leaked online, apparently showing the game four years into its turbulent development.Duke Nukem fan website Duke4 shared details from a 4Chan post that seemingly shows gameplay footage and several screenshots of what is essentially a completely different game to the eventual 2011 release.The 2001 version – of which "a huge chunk" is apparently playable – looks more similar to the previous game, 1996's Duke Nukem 3D, than the Forever we eventually got in 2011.The leaker has allegedly built an editor to get this version of Duke Nukem Forever working and plans to release the full version in June.Almost every level is present in some form according to the post, though...
Welcome to another week of sidestepping RRP like a boss. Today is the day to score a deal and also look at the remainder of 2022's games calendar with growing concern. What on earth is going to keep you amused until Christmas? Best answer: a cheap gem that passed you by and is now located below for less!Product Savings for PS4/PS5Notable Sales for Nintendo SwitchPurchase Cheaply for PCExciting Offers for XO/XSAdam’s our Aussie deals wrangler. You can watch him game on YouTube.Continue reading...