Gaming News

Everyone can post news here. The news posted here could be anything from gaming to world news. This section will be monitored fairly heavily.
After weeks of speculation and rumor that the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) would ultimately approve the $69 billion acquisition of Activision-Blizzard by Microsoft, this morning’s ruling against the deal came as a surprise to many. But what may have been even more surprising was the object of the CMA’s ire: not Call of Duty, as many expected, but cloud gaming. Call of Duty, and the possibility that Microsoft might make it Xbox-exclusive upon a successful acquisition, has been at the center of the merger discussion since the deal was first announced last year. But what many may not have noticed is that, at least for the UK regulator, cloud gaming has from the beginning been an equally major concern. And while the gaming...
In most 4X games, the achievements of your past civilizations only live on in animated discussions with friends over drinks later. Your Gandhi from a previous Civilization 6 campaign isn't going to come through a portal to save the day in a later one, with the scars of a nuclear war against Alexander the Great still marking his slender frame. That would be rad though. And it's a big part of why I've been coming back to Age of Wonders 4, as the rulers I led to victory actually do ascend to a mighty pantheon and become a recurring cast for future adventures. That's only the icing on top of a well-crafted fantasy strategy game with varied tactical battles and a near-perfect pace. Rather than telling the story of many alternate earths or...
Well, the Senate votes are in. Star Wars Jedi Survivor is a damn fine addition to the canon. I had a blast with my 17 odd hour playthrough of the main campaign. I'd recommend it for a purchase—and also for you to lean into the Lightsaber + Blaster stance path. Yes, using an uncivilised firearm will feel like you're the Space Wizard equivalent of a filthy muggle, but it's satisfying as hell. An absolute pada-win for gunslinger animations. This Day in Gaming - Castlevania II Simon’s Quest (NES) launch, 1990. Get - Uniracers (SNES) launch, 1995. - NBA 2K7 (PS3) launch, 2007. Sequel - Test Drive Unlimited (PSP) launch, 2007. - LEGO City Undercover (3DS) launch, 2013. Get Table of Contents Nintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation LEGO...
In a surprise plot twist, Microsoft's Activision-Blizzard acquisition has been BLOCKED by the UK's CMA regulatory authority. We spend most of the show discussing the ramifications of this as well as what Microsoft might do next. Plus: we kick off the show with some quick impressions of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor! Subscribe on any of your favorite podcast feeds, to our YouTube channel, or grab an MP3 of this week's episode. For more awesome content, check out our interview with Todd Howard, who answered all of our Starfield questions after the big reveal at the Xbox Showcase: For more next-gen coverage, make sure to check out our Xbox Series X review, our Xbox Series S review, and our PS5 review. Ryan McCaffrey is IGN's executive...
What you lack in lucky five-star gacha pulls, Honkai: Star Rail may make up for in trash. Well, perhaps not quite that good, but the new HoYoverse RPG has treasures lurking even in the dump. As Star Rail officially went live less than 24 hours ago, fans have already found themselves fascinated by investigating every trash can they encounter. Rewards range from resources like Ancient Coins to an actual trash can avatar for your profile. Dialogue exchanges with the assortment of junk vary, too. In the video above, the boring bin looks about as ordinary as can be minus the whole video-game-inspect-this-thing shine. After a few bizarre interactions and judgmental expressions from March 7th and Dang Heng, the Trailblazer scores an...
Diablo IV will let you skip its campaign with a press of a button, but don't think you can just bypass the forces of Hell — you'll need to finish the campaign first. In the latest Diablo IV video titled, Inside the Game: Your Class Your Way, a brief shot shows characters being able to skip the campaign. That way, players don’t have to redo all of the story content again with future characters they create. Diablo global community development director Adam Fletcher clarified that players will have to beat the game at least once in order to skip future campaign reruns. Lead quest designer Don Adams also noted that players can skip the campaign at any time, including at the character creation screen or after. Furthermore, he says that...
Sony has revealed the PlayStation Plus game lineup for May 2023 including Chivalry 2 (PS4 and PS5), GRID Legends (PS4 and PS5), and Descenders (PS4). The three games revealed on the official PlayStation blog will be downloadable by all PlayStation Plus subscribers at no added cost from May 2 up until June 6. Grid Legends GRID Legends is a 2022 racing title from Codemasters, which features the documentary-style live action story mode Driven to Glory, alongside new race modes, a 22 player multiplayer offering, and a main career mode. In IGN’s 7/10 review we described the game as “a sure step up” from its predecessors that flexes the franchise’s 20 plus year history. Chivalry 2 Chivalry 2 meanwhile takes a multiplayer first approach...
We've finally got an update on the upcoming Alien film, which was shared on the official Alien Twitter account earlier today. In a post for Alien Day — an online event from 20th Century Films sharing reveals and news about the franchise — we got a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the new Alien film from director Fede Alvarez, who previously directed 2013's Evil Dead and Don't Breath. In the picture, we see our first look at one of the sets of the film, along with the return of the infamous Facehugger creature, which lays eggs inside their unsuspecting victims to create new xenomorphs. Details on the film are being kept light as of now. However, it will be a stand-alone film unrelated to the previous entries. According to a report from...
I was curious what Humanity would feel like to play, with such an "out there" premise – "the player wakes up one day as a Shiba Inu puppy made of light, who must guide crowds of people into a strange pillar of light," but going hands-on I'm happy to report it presents a delightfully puzzling diversion, bringing both classic puzzle elements and new ideas to bear in fresh and fun ways. I was drawn in instantly and had a blast reaching 100% in each new level I played during my preview. Much like some of my favorite puzzle games, like Echochrome, Hitman GO, Catherine, & Monument Valley, to name a few, Humanity takes a single idea and cleverly iterates on it. That idea? Direct a steady stream of humans from their starting point all the way...
At first I was afraid, I was petrified – I kept thinking "how could Respawn follow up on its outstanding Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order?" But then I spent so many nights playing the sequel finding out how they got it right and Cal Kestis grew strong, and I learned how to get along. And now we’re back, in outer space… okay, okay, don’t leave! I’ll stop. The point is that with vastly expanded combat options, bigger, more open maps, vastly more abilities to play with, and enough collectable stuff to fill a Correllian freighter, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is in many ways the Batman: Arkham City to Fallen Order’s Arkham Asylum. And much like the Arkham games did for Batman, nothing else convincingly captures playing as a Force user quite as well...
Respawn Entertainment and EA have revealed a slew of accessibility settings that will ship with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor when it launches on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC later this week. “By embracing the disability community mantra, ‘Nothing About Us Without Us,’ accessibility champions from Respawn gathered direct community feedback to inform their accessibility design choices and options,” explained EA’s programme lead for accessibility Morgan Baker in a blog post on the company’s website. “We realise that creating accessible player experiences is a never-ending journey though, and I am proud of the team's progress and ceaseless dedication.” “We realise that creating accessible player experiences is a never-ending journey...
The Steam Deck is nothing short of a revelation. Representing a stylish and effective way to play the latest indie darlings and high end PC games on the move, Valve’s chunky handheld gaming device is clearly beloved by many. In spite of its pick up and play nature however, there are still a number of […] The post The best Steam Deck settings to optimise battery life appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
The day is finally here – Filthy Animals | Heist Simulator is out and ready to play! LoPoly Games, Pewter Game Studios, and Green Man Gaming Publishing are so proud of this game and can’t wait for you all to get your hands on it. Filled with chaos, tacos, crime, mutant animals, and more – […] The post Filthy Animals | Heist Simulator – Out Now appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
Green Man Gaming has always been an innovator in the tech startup Web3 mobile conceptualisation space. In 2023 we are continuing our evolution by boldly revolutionising our front-line gamer product range to unveil the greatest AI-based gaming platform. Ever. Welcome to the future. Welcome…to GMGPT. GMGPT – The Future of Gaming The days of being […] The post Introducing GMGPT – The Next Revolution in Gaming appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
Despite seemingly languishing in development hell for the better part of the last decade, Dead Island 2 is finally a real thing that is actually coming out this year that you’ll be able to buy with real money. A wonderfully over the top, first-person zombie masher with splatter to spare, Dead Island 2 looks to […] The post Everything You Need To Know About Dead Island 2 appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
The sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor from EA and Respawn Entertainment is a third-person action adventure that looks set to continue the odyssey of Cal Castis, one of the last surviving Jedi in the galaxy. Be sure to keep this guide in your favourites as we go through everything […] The post Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars Jedi: Survivor appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
A universal and yet still uncomfortable truth for many PC gamers is that sometimes, just sometimes, a controller is better for some games. Now before a pitchfork-wielding rabble turns up on the GMG doorstop demanding justice, we’re not saying all games, but a controller can definitely enhance some. But which games, I hear you ask? […] The post The Best PC Games To Play With A Controller appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
Filthy Animals has a release date! This chaotic mutant animal co-op heist simulator is nearly ready for release on PC. Developers Pewter Games Studios and LoPoly have been polishing the game hard, squashing bugs, implementing feedback from playtests, and making sure Filthy Animals is full of the best heist action outside of actually robbing a […] The post Filthy Animals: Heist Simulator Release Date Announcement appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
Everyone’s talking about The Last of Us in 2023 and now we’re rapidly approaching the release of The Last of Us Part I on PC, following Sony’s recent trend of bringing their biggest games to our beloved PCs. For PC gamers there may be many questions you might have about The Last of Us Part […] The post Everything You Need To Know About The Last of Us Part I on PC appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
It’s confirmed: Starfield is releasing this year, if you’re a fan of RPGs, space exploration, or simply the way Bethesda puts together games – this is going to be the standout title for you in 2023. It feels like we’ve been waiting for Starfield forever, even though it was announced relatively recently, and there’s a […] The post Everything you need to know about Starfield appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
Green Man Gaming has made a new friend! They’re called Antstream Arcade and they help you play some of the best retro games ever released. If you love to dip into gaming’s rich past, as well as some newer games designed along retro themes, then Antstream Arcade is the service you need to be looking […] The post Antstream Arcade comes to Green Man Gaming appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
March means many things, the start of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere, new life pushing its way through the frosts…but most importantly here at Green Man Gaming it means it’s time to go big with sales. In 2023 we’re proud to introduce you to March Mayhem, a colossal month of sales goodness helping you get […] The post Meet the March Mayhem Sale 2023 appeared first on Green Man Gaming Blog. Continue reading...
Few video games capture the essence of their inspiration quite like Alien: Isolation. Creative Assembly’s 2014 survival horror looks as if it were made by the set designers of Ridley Scott’s movie themselves, such is the incredible attention to detail. But it’s the groundbreaking use of the xenomorph that makes Alien: Isolation such a triumph; this perfect organism is an engine for fear. The game’s fifth mission, The Quarantine, marks the first moment in which the xenomorph actively hunts you through Sevastopol Station. Armed with little more than the iconic motion tracker, you must evade and escape cinema’s most terrifying predator. This is where Creative Assembly truly brought the Alien fantasy to life. But recreating the terror...
Do you feel a disturbance in the Force? That would be the imminent approach of a review embargo lift for Star Wars Jedi Survivor. I wish I could say more about my experiences with it, but EA would Force Grip me to death in about six seconds flat. All I can really do is point you in the direction of the cheapest preorder prices I've seen for it so far. You'll need to pay for these with galactic credits because mind tricks won't work. I tried. This Day in Gaming - SOCOM 3 (PS3) launch, 2006. - F.E.A.R. (PS3) launch, 2007. Get - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3) launch, 2007. Buy Table of Contents Nintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation Notable Sales for Nintendo Switch Expiring recent deals Back to top Purchase Cheaply for PC...
Microsoft is gearing up to potentially overcome a significant hurdle in its acquisition of Activision Blizzard: the UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA). The regulator, which works to reduce anti-competitive practices in the UK, had previously launched an investigation into the $69 billion deal, and released its provisional findings back in February. At the time, the CMA was concerned about a number of aspects of the deal including potential monopolization of the cloud gaming market, possible Xbox exclusivity of Call of Duty, and reduction of competition with PlayStation. However, last month, the CMA released a statement saying one of its key concerns had been addressed, determining that if Xbox made Call of Duty exclusive...
Asus has revealed the release date for the Rog Ally, its upcoming competitor for the Steam Deck, and it'll be out soon. In a press release, Asus confirmed that the Rog Ally will be out May 11. Initially revealed in what appeared to be an April Fool's joke, the Rog Ally was subsequently confirmed to be real. Its main advantage of Valve's handheld is its 7-inch screen, which supports resolution of up with 1080p at 120hz. Its fan is also significantly quieter than the Steam Deck, running some 17 decibels lower than its competitor. In its release, Asus touts the Rog Ally's ability to run Windows 11, a significant issue for the Steam Deck, which it calls a "seamless experience" through either the platform's joysticks or touchscreen. A...
Despite its origins as a 1982 film about a video game-inspired world inside a computer, Disney’s Tron franchise doesn’t have the best track record when it comes to game adaptations in the post-arcade era. Bithell Games, the studio behind minimalist indie darlings like Thomas Was Alone and Volume, aims to change that with the release of its first collaboration with the house of mouse, Tron: Identity. Part visual novel, part hard-boiled detective story, Tron: Identity is a gorgeous new take on life on the Grid — even if its plot raises more questions than it answers.For the uninitiated, Tron: Identity takes place in the Grid, a self-sustaining world inside of computers, where human-like “programs” fulfill their functions and serve the...
Diablo 4 associate game director Joseph Piepiora has revealed that it will take over 150 hours to grind to level 100 in the upcoming action role playing game. “Reaching level 100 will take 150+ hours for the average player experience,” replied Piepiora to a fan on Twitter, confirming the inevitable and significant time sink that Diablo 4 will represent when it launches on June 6 later this year. Earlier this month the developer also revealed that it would take around 80 hours to complete each season’s battle pass, which will feature both a free, and paid premium track featuring more cosmetic rewards. This isn’t the first time that a brief social media reply has imparted significant information about Diablo 4. Recently, the game’s...
So far, Arkane Studios' game playgrounds have been set in fantastical, odd futures or deteriorating steampunk cities. With Redfall, the team at Arkane Austin opted to take its immersive sim mechanics to something closer to a familiar but twisted reality. In an interview with Arkane Austin Art Director Karen Segars, IGN learned more about the inspirations for Redfall's scenic island town setting, design challenges and solutions for the co-op mechanics, and telling Redfall's story through its art. Segars said their journey in designing Redfall began with a trip to New England that started in Bangor, Maine, and concluded a few days later in Boston, Massachusetts. It was October, making it the perfect time to collect close-ups of fall...
The highly anticipated Star Wars: Jedi Survivor from EA's Respawn Entertainment isn't out for another few days, but heads up, spoilers have already leaked online. The leaker, who appears to have been sold a copy of the game a few days early, has already completed Jedi: Survivor and took to Twitter to share their impressions, some screenshots, and other details. This was spotted by Angie on ResetEra, though we don't recommend reading the post unless you want to have elements of the game spoiled. The leak, which includes details about the ending, game length, the number of planets, new characters, and lots, lots more, even grabbed the attention of EA itself, as its Star Wars accounted tweeted: "No Spoilers!" It continued: "We're...