What's new

Gaming News

Everyone can post news here.The news posted here could be anything from gaming to world news.This section will be monitored fairly heavily.
Lifeweaver is the latest hero coming to Overwatch in Season 4 dropping April 11th. As his name alludes to, Lifeweaver is the newest Support hero addition. Finally, another support. Here’s everything you need to know about Lifeweaver’s kit before Overwatch Season 4 launches.Lifeweaver is definitely more of a utility based healer. He isn’t the strongest healer on the roster, especially since his big burst of healing takes a few seconds to charge up, but his actual abilities are his strongest suit that will aid his team in winning big fights.Weapons:Healing Blossom: Hold to charge a healing burst of 65 or you can fire individual bursts for minimum healing if you need the speedy recovery.Thorn Volley: Switch to an alternate fire...
The hideous monster but make it friendly, Xûr, is now live in Destiny 2 for the weekend until next week's reset. If you're looking to get your some shiny new Exotic armor or weapons for your Guardian, look no further.Each week, Xûr has a random assortment of Exotic armor, one for each Guardian class, as well as a random Exotic Weapon and an Exotic Engram available for purchase. In addition to his Exotic wares, he's got a random collection of Legendary weapons and armor to deck out your Guardians.We've rounded up all the info on Xûr for the week including where to find Xûr, which Exotic weapons and armor are available, as well as which Legendary weapons you should pick up, either for PvE or PvP.Where Is Xûr Today?Xûr's location...
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection has sold more than 1 million copies, Konami announced today, an impressive feat in light of it being a retro collection comprised of older games from the 8 and 16-bit era.Konami revealed the news in a cheeky infographic that also that revealed that six million pizzas were eaten and 350 million foot soldiers defeated."We're thrilled and a little shell-shocked at this morning's fantastic news!" Digital Eclipse said in a tweet. "Thank you to Konami and Nickelodeon for the opportunity to make [Cowabunga Collection], but most of all, thank you the intensely loyal TMNT fans who loudly supported this project!"The Cowabunga Collection's strong sales can be chalked up to the...
Resident Evil 4 remake has now sold over 4 million copies worldwide, Capcom announced today. This comes after Capcom previously revealed last month that the game sold over 3 million copies within its first two days of release.“In addition to Resident Evil 4 garnering interest and attention from the release of the Chainsaw Demo prior to launch, sales of the title grew steadily following a highly positive reception from customers, driving worldwide sales over 4 million units,” Capcom said in a statement.According Alex Aniel, writer of Itchy Tasty: An Unofficial History of Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4 Remake is the second fastest selling Resident Evil in history. He said he expects it to overtake Resident Evil 6, which didn't hit 5...
Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of the most beloved eras in the extended universe, but it has been left largely untouched by Disney's movies and television shows. That may be about to change, though, if a timeline shown during Star Wars Celebration is anything to go by.Shortly before announcing several new Star Wars movies, LucasFilm studio head Kathleen Kennedy took the stage to share her vision for what Star Wars will look like in theaters. That means "broadening the timeline," Kennedy says, as an image appeared highlighting seven major eras. They include:The Old Republic: The era first depicted in BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series. It remains a fan-favorite era, but it has been rarely acknowledged by Disney until...
In a week full of Nintendo-related films, Cardy, Dale, and Mat are here to help you decide which is more worthy of your time between The Super Mario Bros. Movie and Tetris. Before that, though, excitement is in the air following our latest look at the Barbie movie, plus there's Resident Evil 4 chat again, but for a special reason this time. Dale had the pleasure of chatting to Leon Kennedy himself Nick Apostolides about what it was like to play the protagonist in a remake of his favourite game.You can check Nick out here: Instagram: @nick_apos / https://www.instagram.com/nick_apos/ Twitter: @Nik_apostolides / https://twitter.com/Nik_apostolidesTwitch: @Nickapostolides /Got a game for us to play, or just want to tell us the...
Planned for release tomorrow, April 7, some players in Korea are reporting that they're able to access the remake of Resident Evil 4's Mercenary Mode early. Unfortunately, some are also saying that the mode is missing key content at the moment.A staple of the Resident Evil games, Mercenary Mode is an arcade-style horde mode where players fight against waves of infected to compete for high scores. The original Resident Evil 4 allowed players to unlock Mercenary Mode upon completion of its campaign, but the remake has taken a different strategy, as Capcom announced the mode would be making its debut tomorrow, April 7, instead.Players have noted that the version available to those in the previously mentioned regions is missing Ada...
Guilty Gear series creator, Daisuke Ishiwatari, is a legend in the world of Fighting Games. He's designed some of the most memorable fighting game characters ever, written some of the best fighting game music of all time, and has been active in the scene since the late 90s. Which was why at the Arc World Tour Finals, when presented with the opportunity to pick his brain in an interview, I leapt at the opportunity.IGN: It's been almost two years since the release of Guilty Gear Strive. Reflecting back, what is something that you're especially proud of with the game? And on the flip side of that, what's something that you kind of wish that you could have done differently or maybe better?Ishiwatari-san: I could say a lot of things on...
The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog has officially crossed one million downloads and has become one of Steam's highest-rated games ever.Katie - MiniKitty, Sonic the Hedgehog's social media manager, took to Twitter to share the news, saying, "Over 1,000,000 of you have grabbed The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog and it's currently the #61 highest rated game on Steam of ALL TIME. Absolutely unreal. Thank you all so, so much."For those unfamiliar, The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog is a murder mystery/visual novel game that surprise launched on Steam just before April Fools' Day 2023. In the game, which is free, it is Amy Rose's birthday and she's hosting a murder mystery party that has Sonic becoming the victim. However, things quickly...
With FIFA now firmly in the rearview mirror, Electronic Arts has revealed the logo for EA Sports FC, which it hopes will be able to continue the series' incredible run of success dating back to the '90sAt the first blush, the logo is extremely, well, pointy, with a surfeit of sharp angles more reminiscent of a racing brand than a soccer game. Here's what EA had to say about the new logo:If you want a fuller breakdown of the new logo's design, as well as a picture of it on a flag, you can find a lengthy explanation right here.The beginning of a new eraThe new logo comes just about a year after the original news that EA's multi-decade partnership with FIFA was coming to an end and that the series was being rebranded. EA CEO...
Hey Unlocked listeners and readers, Stella Chung here again today to talk about how great games are! Specifically, I want to talk about how great remakes are in this current game market. I recently started playing Resident Evil 4 for the first time, thanks to the remake, and I posted about it on Twitter and got a callous reply about why I missed playing one of the greatest games of all time and what other games I didn’t play.Growing up, we were extremely frugal. We immigrated to the States when I was a baby and we were very poor so we didn’t have a lot of disposable income to enjoy games. When we did stabilize financially I wasn’t allowed to play games since my parents really wanted me to focus on other “productive” extracurricular...
Last summer, I tweeted an observation that surprised me from the Xbox & Bethesda Game Showcase and a handful of follow-up Xbox events: a slate of diverse games, many made by diverse creators, presented and marketed on a stream to millions of viewers by diverse presenters, all under the slogan of “Gaming for Everyone.” I realized it felt different from the Xbox I remembered from my childhood. Different in a very good way.My tweet got picked up at the time by GamesIndustry.biz and inspired an interesting history lesson on the shifting of Xbox’s messaging over the years. You can read their writeup for the full rundown, but in summary: Xbox’s brand identity used to be quite literally “edgy.” It was focused on “hardcore” gamers, its...
EA has revealed the PC system requirements for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor alongside its colossal file size.Those looking to join Cal Kestis and the Mantis crew on their next adventure will need to clear some hard drive space to accommodate the whopping 155 GB file size.This puts Jedi: Survivor on par with the likes of Red Dead Redemption 2 which demands 150 GB of available space for its vast open world and incredible level of detail.Jedi: Survivor's predecessor, Jedi: Fallen Order, also requires significantly less at just 55 GB, a whole 100 GB less than the sequel.EA shared the PC minimum system requirements as 8 GB of RAM with a CPU equivalent of a Ryzen 5 1400 and a GPU equivalent of a Radeon RX 580. The recommended specs look...
Crime Boss: Rockay City takes Payday’s potent formula and plops it in the middle of the decade that brought us bleached hair, dial-up internet, and the ’92-’93 Dallas Mavericks. Unfortunately, just like bleached hair, dial-up internet, and those 11-and-71 Dallas Mavericks, Crime Boss looks awful, is technically outclassed, and is full of embarrassing performances. Hard to outright hate thanks to the compelling, car crash quality of some of its cutscenes, it’s nonetheless impossible to recommend right now on account of regular bugs, repetitive missions, and bog-standard blasting that’s unmemorable at its best and exasperating at its worst.At face value, Crime Boss looks like a hearty deal. There are three separate ways to play...
When I think of Minecraft, I think of creativity, peace, and adventure. Minecraft Legends' opening campaign scene made me feel as though my past accomplishments and care for the franchise were being rewarded by trusting me with a new and important challenge: save the Overworld from the greed of the piglins. Minecraft Legends is the fourth Minecraft spinoff game (Telltale's Minecraft: Story Mode and Mojang's Minecraft Earth and Minecraft Dungeons preceding it) and after getting an hour with its campaign and about an hour with its PvP multiplayer, it's already building to be my favorite of the bunch.It's Not an RTSMinecraft Legends is an action-strategy game, which yes, is different from an RTS (real-time strategy), though only in a...
Let's start your day with some breakfast — bargains on toast with a cup of freshly squeezed savings. A few choice PS5 peripherals (and the God of War console pack) have inched down to much better RRPs. But the real discounts are in the Nintendo eshop, in the form of some nicely dropped first-party AAAs. Grab 'em now and elevate tomorrow's good Friday into a goooood Friday.This Day in Gaming- Super Mario Strikers (GC) launch, 2006. Sequel- OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (PS2, PSP, XB) launch, 2006.- Splinter Cell: Essentials (PSP) launch, 2006. SequelTable of ContentsNintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation LEGONotable Sales for Nintendo SwitchExpiring recent dealsBack to topPurchase Cheaply for PCExpiring recent deals...
Square Enix has confirmed that the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, which are essentially upgraded versions of Final Fantasy 1-6, will be released on Nintendo Switch and PS4 on April 19, 2023.The Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters are currently available on PC and mobile, and soon a new audience will be able to experience much of the history of the Final Fantasy franchise in a new way.If that wasn't exciting enough, these versions come with a new pixel font, which seems to address one of the biggest issues fans had with the games when they first were released - the questionable choice of font by Square Enix for these remasters that left many unhappy.There will also be a new option to switch between the original and new background music...
Starbreeze CEO Tobias Sjögren has spoken on the possibility of a Payday TV series or movie, saying it would be a "perfect fit" as it would allow the team to explore the complex lives of the Payday clowns alongside delivering a ton of action.Speaking to GamesIndustry.Biz, Tobias Sjögren discussed the inspirations behind Payday, how they've already collaborated with other movie franchises, and how fans have already become attached to certain characters through the games' stories and trailers."It's certainly inspired by movies like Heat, and we've done several movie IP collaborations, including John Wick, Scarface, Point Break, Reservoir Dogs," Sjögren says. "The reason why they have worked so well is Payday has an element of...
Mike Ybarra, the president of Blizzard Entertainment, has clarified the global release times for Diablo 4 and confirmed that those who pre-ordered the Deluxe and Ultimate editions will be the first to play on June 1, 2023.Ybarra took to Twitter to correct a previous tweet of his that discussed the global release times of Diablo 4, and he shared exactly when fans can jump into the highly anticipated game that just ended its very well-received beta."Oops, I was wrong! Early access for Deluxe and Ultimate pre-orders in the US is Thursday 6/1 at 4PM, 6/2 at 12am in Europe, 6/2 at 8am in Asia. Regular launch 6/5 at 4pm, 6/6 at 12am Europe, and 6/6 8am Asia," Ybarra wrote.In follow-up Tweets, he confirmed the US time was in Pacific...
If you, like many of us here at IGN, absolutely adore Elden Ring, you likely want a way to show off your love for the game or pick something up for someone else who’s a fan, especially before the thrilling expansion releases. Thankfully, there’s a wide variety of gifts to pick and choose from, and not just for Elden Ring. If From Software games course through your veins like that of the old blood, there’s even more worth picking up.No matter if you’re a FromSoft veteran or brand new to these worlds, there’s an abundance of gifts and merch to buy. Want to pick up a Tarnished bomber jacket for the Elden Ring fan in your life? Or a statue of Solaire from Dark Souls to praise the sun in your home? Or, how about the Bloodborne board game...
The latest ID@Xbox Showcase has arrived and it featured a look at a wide-range of upcoming games that will be released soon on Xbox and PC. From a deep dive into Vampire Survivors' second expansion to an extended look at the gameplay of The Last Case of Benedict Fox to a game that looks like Pokemon but with cassette tapes, there is a lot to be excited about.There were 11 games featured in the show, and we've included a breakdown of each one alongside their trailers below to ensure you don't miss a thing.Vampire Survivors: Tides of Foscari Expansion Gets a Gameplay Deep Dive and an InterviewVampire Survivors' Tides of Foscari expansion will be released on April 13, and the ID@Xbox crew sat down with poncle senior marketing...
Resident Evil 4 might be the best video game remake ever made. It completely overhauls the graphics and sound, fine-tunes the gameplay, adds a ton of awesome little quality of life features, and reworks entire chunks of the 2005 game with brand new environments, items, and bosses. But it also loses a couple of set pieces and conflicts from the original game along the way. Here are six big scenes that got cut from Resident Evil 4. If you’re loving the remake but still nostalgic for some classic that got the axe, “I got somethin' that might interest ya'!”The U-3 Boss FightThis tense, terrifying, dual-phased boss fight against a bald monster who looks like Frieza f*cked a scorpion is no longer in the game, and neither is the falling...
Fans of a galaxy far, far away are gearing up for one of the most exciting weekends of the year as Star Wars Celebration 2023 is almost upon us.Taking place in London's ExCeL from April 7 to 10, Lucasfilm will be making its biggest announcements of the year for all manner of Star Wars films, TV shows, games, books, comics, and more.Thanks to the galaxy growing constantly, and now more than ever, there are already a ton of Star Wars projects we're expecting to see over the weekend. Though nothing is confirmed yet, here's everything we're expecting to see at Star Wars Celebration 2023.The 2025 FilmLet's cut to the chase: it's surely time for Disney and Lucasfilm to unveil the next Star Wars film. It's already been more than three...
Hello Games is releasing the Interceptor update for No Man's Sky today, which adds a new universal threat in the form of corrupted worlds.That's not all, of course, as the update also adds a new Starship, improvements to the PlayStation VR2 mode, new enemy types, new technology, and a range of other performance and visual improvements."Many worlds have succumbed to corruption, with strange crystals sprouting from the earth, and sentinel guardians twisted into bizarre new forms," reads the update synopsis. "Explore these purple-hazed worlds to find new buildings, crashed interceptors, secret equipment and more."These corrupted worlds can be explored using a new ship class, which is promised to be the "most varied Starship to...
Welcome to the middle of the week, or Mandalorian Night, if you love a Star War. PC gamers have it particularly good in today's bargains, thanks to a cracking Humble Bundle and a Battlenet Spring Sale. I should also like to point out a very time sensitive discount on the Luigi version of Mario Kart Live. You have about 32 minutes to save 30 coins on it. So maybe turbo start into that first.This Day in Gaming- Tetris Worlds (PC) launch, 2002. Sequel- Guitar Hero II (X360) launch, 2007.- Alien Hominid (GBA) launch, 2007- Devil May Cry HD Col. (PS3, X360) launch, 2012. SequelTable of ContentsNintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation LEGONotable Sales for Nintendo SwitchExpiring recent dealsBack to topPurchase Cheaply for...
Explosive, colorful, and punchy, Everspace 2 combines the looter-shooter RPG treadmill with arcade space dogfights to build an interesting combo that has surprising diversity in how you can play it. While it looks like a space sim on the outside, and it has nods to the stuff you do in that genre like fight pirates, mine asteroids, and build reputation, Everspace 2 shouldn't be mistaken for one. To its benefit and its detriment, this is a through-and-through lootin’ and shootin’ beast that's much more interested in entertaining you with flashy fights and reconfiguring your fighter in a mind-boggling number of ways rather than simulating – or stimulating you with – anything else.That right there should probably tell a lot of you...
EA is currently the most popular games publisher across PlayStation and Xbox by monthly active users (MAUs), according to new data from Ampere Analysis. But Xbox stands to surpass it if the Activision Blizzard acquisition goes through.According to Ampere Analysis, EA has consistently been the top publisher across PlayStation and Xbox based on share of MAUs since September, which is when Ampere Analysis started tracking. Speaking to IGN, analyst Piers Harding-Rolls says he suspects EA's dominance has gone on "for some time" prior.Since September, EA has consistently held above 16% of the market share of MAUs. Epic and Activision Blizzard have battled over second place, hovering between 9% and almost 15% of MAU market share, with...
As someone who’s spent a good deal of time tending to The Entity’s beloved meat hooks in Dead By Daylight, I had high expectations about what developer Behaviour Interactive would work on next. And thankfully, they’ve delivered yet another fresh idea that I can’t stop thinking about with a unique first-person action game: Meet Your Maker. Pitting yourself against the creativity and cruelty of your fellow players in raids is tense and hilarious, and hours fly by while building your own playgrounds of destruction and watching players die to them. The options in your toolbelt are a little barebones, the world and story hardly even try to do anything interesting, and there’s plenty of bugs and general jankiness that need to be smoothed...
There are around a million games about the Second World War for every one about the First, and The Great War: Western Front serves as a pretty good illustration of some of the reasons for that. The brutal, grinding, attritional conflict spanning from 1914 to 1918, as interesting as it is from a military history standpoint, is difficult to turn into a fun video game with any sort of authenticity. This RTS adaptation tries to find a satisfying balance point between historical reality and enjoyable gameplay. And while I think it did about as well as anyone could have hoped, it can't fully smooth out the challenges of gamifying these shell-pocked battlefields.The Western Front, with its teeming trenches and relentless artillery...
Activision Blizzard settled a lawsuit with the U.S. Department of Justice over allegations that the publisher imposed a limit on esports players' salaries paid by the Overwatch and Call of Duty leagues.The department filed the complaint in the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. on Monday, saying that Activision Blizzard, which owns the Overwatch League and the Call of Duty League, and the independently owned teams agreed to impose the Competitive Balance Tax. As its name suggests, the tax was designed to limit competition between the teams by suppressing the wages of esports players and fined teams for paying players above a certain threshold set by Activision Blizzard, which the department said violated the Sherman Act.The...