What's new

Gaming News

Everyone can post news here.The news posted here could be anything from gaming to world news.This section will be monitored fairly heavily.
“Greatness from Small Beginnings.” Engraved in Latin on the ring that hangs around the neck of series protagonist Nathan Drake, these four words have come to define Naughty Dog’s immensely popular Uncharted series. It’s a rather fitting catchphrase considering the franchise itself has grown significantly since its debut in 2008.Whether it’s battling pirates in the depths of the Amazon Jungle or exploring hidden cities in the center of the Rub’ al Khali desert, Nathan Drake has had no shortage of daring adventures in the years following his PlayStation 3 debut. With so many entries in its universe, it’s easy to get lost deciphering Uncharted’s lengthy timeline. To help make sense of it, here’s a chronology of the full Uncharted game...
Sega is reportedly close to acquiring Angry Birds developer Rovio Entertainment for about $1 billion.According to Wall Street Journal, the deal between Sega and Rovio Entertainment is expected to finish early next week, provided that discussions between the two companies don’t fall apart or prolong.Neither Sega nor Rovio has made an official announcement yet. Rovio was previously in talks to be acquired by Israeli mobile company Playtika for $800 million, but those negotiations ended last month. Sega has acquired a few companies over the past few years, including Company of Heroes developer Relic Entertainment, Two Point Campus developer Two Point Studios, and most notably Persona developer Atlus.There have been many...
Just before the upcoming dungeon crawler Dark and Darker was slated to launch a playtest, its team was served a cease and desist letter and a DMCA takedown in March. Now, development team Ironmace is going ahead with another playtest as originally scheduled, albeit via an interesting method.Today, Ironmace began encouraging people to participate in Dark and Darker's playtest through torrents made available in a message in the game's Discord server. The playtest will be available until April 19."Rest assured that we are working around the clock to safeguard the continuance of Dark and Darker," the team's Discord message, which was reposted on Reddit, reads. "Unfortunately, due to the complexities of our situation, especially across...
While smartphones are getting better every day with computational photography and crazy telephoto lenses, dedicated cameras still produce images you just can get on your mobile device. Cameras give you so much more flexibility with your changing your focal length, bokeh, and tweak your exposure. Not to mention dedicated cameras are far more capable for shooting sports, landscapes, video, and almost anything you throw their way.TL;DR - These are the Best Cameras:Fujifilm X-T5 Sony A7 IV Panasonic Lumix S5 II GoPro Hero 11 DJI Mini 3 ProFujifilm X-T5 Best CameraSee it on Best BuySensor Size: APS-C) CMOS | Resolution: 40.2MP | Viewfinder: 3,690K Dot | Screen: 3” 1,084K Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD | Autofocus: 425-point...
Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and Modern Warfare 2 Season 3 is now out, and it introduces quite a few cosmetics and a new battle pass. However, a few of the update's paid cosmetics grant players advantages in Warzone's DMZ mode, and some fans aren't happy.On April 12, Activision introduced a new cosmetic bundle to Warzone 2.0. In what Activision referred to as a "DMZ boost," the game's new $12 Bomb Squad bundle gives players a skin for Fender, a SAKIN MG38 LMG blueprint, an active duty slot, a sticker, and an emblem.But, as PC Gamer pointed out, the boosts that this bundle provides in DMZ, the game's extraction mode, are quite valuable. Players who equip Fender's skin are given a medium backpack, and the LMG has a cooldown that's much...
The iconic personification of a bowl of soup, Xûr, is now live in Destiny 2 for the weekend until next week's reset. If you're looking to get your some shiny new Exotic armor or weapons for your Guardian, look no further.Each week, Xûr has a random assortment of Exotic armor, one for each Guardian class, as well as a random Exotic Weapon and an Exotic Engram available for purchase. In addition to his Exotic wares, he's got a random collection of Legendary weapons and armor to deck out your Guardians.We've rounded up all the info on Xûr for the week including where to find Xûr, which Exotic weapons and armor are available, as well as which Legendary weapons you should pick up, either for PvE or PvP.Where Is Xûr Today?Xûr's...
Blizzard is making a ton of changes to Diablo 4 based on feedback provided by players who participated in its two betas.Combining this feedback with actual gameplay data allowed Blizzard to review and make changes to Diablo 4 in time for its official launch on June 6.Minimizing backtrackingThe first thing changing is dungeon layouts, with Blizzard saying one of the most common pieces of feedback it received was around backtracking within certain dungeons. Multiple dungeons have since been optimized to reduce this, including Caldera Gate, Defilied Catacombs, Derelict Lodge, Forbidden City, Hoarfrost Demise, Immortal Emanation, Kor Dragan Battacks, Maulwood, and Rimescar Caverns."Our primary goal with the layout changes was to...
Destiny 2 developer Bungie has revealed a hardened policy designed to deal with cheaters who use third party peripherals that “manipulate the game” to provide an unfair player versus player advantage.“Our community has grown increasingly frustrated by a form of cheating that uses third-party peripherals with the intent to manipulate the game client,” read a post on the Bungie website spotted by GI.biz “These devices are plugged into a computer or console, where they can, for example, execute simple scripts or trick the game into giving you extra aim assist.”Bungie made a point of not naming the creators of the offending hardware, but stressed that it would hand out restrictions, warnings, and bans to individuals who use “external...
Like its predecessor, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a game packed full of massive, striking environments and memorable creatures. It seems only fitting that the game receives an art book that delves deeper into the design and evolution of such an ambitious Star Wars project.IGN can exclusively reveal The Art of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, the latest in Dark Horse's ever-growing lineup of video game-themed art books. Check out the cover art below:The Art of Star Wars: Jedi Survivor is a 192-page hardcover book featuring a mixture of concept art and developer commentary on the game. The art featured within ranges from early concept designs to final renders of the games environments, characters, weapons and ships.In addition, Dark...
What's the wettest ever film? Cardy, Jen, and Mat are here to answer this and other pressing questions this week. Tears of the Kingdom looks good, doesn't it? Let's talk about that. So does Final Fantasy 16. Let's talk about that, too. Immortals of Aveum could be good. Evil Dead Rise has lots of blood in it. Beef (the meat) also has blood in it, but we're talking about the Netflix show which is very good and also has a little blood.Got a game for us to play, or ever traded in a bunch of bananas for a game? Drop us an email: ign_ukfeedback@ign.com.IGN UK Podcast 692: Zelda and Final Fantasy Look Good InnitIGN UK Podcast 691: The Mario Movie vs Tetris: Which is Better? IGN UK Podcast 690: Dunjackets & Dadragons IGN UK Podcast 689...
A good strategy game is ultimately one about choice. Which units to create, where to allocate resources, which strategies to implement. The right decisions lead to victory, while the wrong ones force you to adapt and adjust or else suffer bitter defeat. I found myself at the crossroads of these decisions time and again as I played Minecraft Legends, Mojang and Blackbird Interactive's simplified take on an action-RTS. It doesn’t always do a perfect job opening the door of this often intimidating genre to a wider audience, but the way it largely manages to streamline things without losing most of those important tactical moments is what makes Minecraft Legends work.Simplicity is one of Minecraft Legends greatest strengths. Evil Piglins...
If you self identify as a petrolhead, today’s a day of interesting opportunities. For starters, the Assetto Corsa series is seeing whopping discounts of up to 90% off (which you can zip to here). For seconds, Ferrari has announced the return of the Ferrari Esports Series and, for the first time, Australian and New Zealand racers can roll up to the grid. Whoever prevails in these Asia Pacific heats will then go door handle to door handle against the winning racers from Europe and North America.What’s a Ferrari Esports Series? It’s a six-month racing tournament that allows international sim racers to unite, fight, and find out who is number one in a grand final race on October 12, 2023. The sims in question are Assetto Corsa and...
Rocksteady has officially delayed Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League to February 2, 2024, quite a few months from its previous May 26, 2023 date.The developer announced the news on Twitter today, writing in a statement, "We have made the tough but necessary decision to take the time needed to work on getting the game to be the best quality experience for players.""Thank you to our amazing community for the continued support, patience, and understanding," the statement goes on. "There is much more to share in the months ahead and we look forward to seeing you in Metropolis next year."It's only the most recent delay for Kill the Justice League, which was previously set for a 2022 release before being moved to Spring 2023...
Microsoft is experimenting with adding a Windows handheld mode for Steam Deck, according to a leaked video from a September 2022 hackathon within Microsoft shows several optimized UI elements for a prototype handheld mode. In these hackathons, employees can present ideas to Microsoft executives and they could end up supporting and shipping them.First spotted by The Verge, the video first describes some of the problems that Steam Deck has, such as a lack of controller support outside of the Steam app and games. The touch keyboard isn’t optimized for handhelds with displays around 7 inches, and also there isn’t support for controller navigation of the keyboard. Additionally, some Windows games won’t open or run properly because they...
Joseph Staten just left Microsoft. Technically it didn’t really change anything when talking about the future of Halo compared to when he left Halo developer 343 Industries to return to his previous role at Xbox Publishing back in January. That came amidst the layoff-fueled shakeup at the studio that saw many senior leads leave either at that time or in the past year since Halo Infinite first shipped. And yet somehow, his complete severance from Microsoft feels a bit more somber for this longtime Halo fan, because it means that he’s unlikely to have much, if any, influence on the future of the franchise – which he still could’ve from his Xbox Publishing perch.And so while it’s fair to wonder where Halo is heading from here – I’ll get...
Ubisoft’s XDefiant is an upcoming free-to-play first person arena shooter that, if I’m being honest, I didn’t originally feel interested in at all. I had no real connection to any of the factions from different Ubisoft games showcased in XDefiant, and the gameplay didn’t capture my interest. However, I got to play for about an hour in a closed preview event and I was surprised to find that I was wanting to get more playtime in after the servers closed down.An hour isn’t really a lot of time to give a full preview in any game, so this is just a first impressions piece I wanted to share with you all. I had actually played XDefiant in 2021 with one of Ubisoft’s extremely NDA-ed closed tests, and this was a huge change up from that...
Company of Heroes 3 is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on May 30. It's the first console release in the RTS series' 17-year history.The PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Company of Heroes 3 will include a custom interface specifically designed for consoles and a tactical pause feature that freezes the action so players can explore the battlefield and queue up actions "without the pressure of doing it all in real-time," according to developer Relic Entertainment. The feature is also found in the previously released PC version.Company of Heroes 3 comprises two single-player campaigns, one set in North Africa and another in Italy, as well as the series' staple multiplayer mode. We reviewed the two components separately...
Any fan of first-person shooters has handled a wide variety of digital weaponry in their gaming career. We’ve fired historical weapons while storming the beaches of Normandy, shot modern guns in modern warfare, and used futuristic blasters in sci-fi shooters. One thing we don’t often do in FPSes, though, is cast spells. That will change with Immortals of Aveum, a magic shooter that replaces mechanical weapons with magical abilities. In a recent hands-off preview, I got a look at this upcoming shooter, and I’m intrigued to see more.Pitched as a “single-player, story-driven, magic shooter,” Immortals of Aveum appears to live up to that tagline, based on what I saw. The combat shares many ideas with the military shooters we know and...
EA Originals' upcoming "first person magic shooter" Immortals of Aveum launches on July 20, 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and S, and PC via the EA App, Steam, and Epic Games Store.Immortals of Aveum puts players in the shoes of Jak as he joins the Order of the Immortals and becomes part of mankind's endless war over magic.The game is solely single player, and will play like a first person shooter but with magic abilities instead of guns, somewhat similar to Ghostwire: Tokyo that was released last year. A trailer has also been released.Immortals of Aveum is naturally set in a fantasy universe and promises a visceral, cinematic, story-driven campaign with fast-paced action and spell-based combat that defies FPS conventions...
FromSoftware’s Hidetaka Miyazaki has been named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2023 following the release of the smash hit open world action RPG Elden Ring in February 2022.Time publishes a list honouring the 100 most influential people each year who, in the opinions of the magazine editors, were most responsible for shaping the year.As noted by VGC, Miyazaki is only the second video game developer to be selected for the prestigious list, following in the wake of Time’s 2007 selection of Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto.The 2023 list included big names, such as American Gods author Neil Gaiman, Disney CEO Bob Iger, U.S. President Joe Biden, footballer Lionel Messi, Elon Musk, and MrBeast. Accompanying each entry...
In this third of four Redfall hero profiles, Remi doesn't care to share much about herself and her partner Bribón other than they were part of the crew that assisted civilian evacuations after the vampire attack began. See their teamwork showcased in the exclusive trailer above and see what tools you'll have at your disposal if you play as Remi by taking a peek at the details of her kit below.Power 1: Siren – Command Bribon to distract nearby enemies, making himself a target and absorbing damage. Power 2: C4 Charge – Toss an explosive device that sticks to targets and surfaces. Once armed, press the action button to detonate. Ultimate Ability: Mobilize – Create a rallying point where you and your allies are healed over time.Like...
The loveable and charming cast of Disney characters has a particular way of venturing into different genres of games, such as sprawling RPGs or a life-simulation, and making it feel all their own. Now, Mickey Mouse and friends land in the realm of an arcade racer, where they'll compete to see who's the top driver.Disney Speedstorm sees Disney icons tear through various racing tracks and circuits inspired by the well-loved cartoons and films from across 100 years of the company. I got to spend some time diving into the opening hours of Disney Speedstorm ahead of the early access launch on April 18, and so far, it’s been shaping up to be a fun Disney twist on a kart racer. Unfortunately, some elements overcomplicate what is an...
If you're a Resident Evil 4 fan or are at all following the game online, you might have noticed some goofy art over the last month involving the character Ashley looking strangely rodent-like. Turns out, it's a fantastic and hilarious trend that caught on upon the release of Resident Evil 4's recent remake, where fans are drawing Ashley from Resident Evil 4 as a little tiny mouse obsessed with cheese. And it rules.It all started with this tweet:The artist, @Agrimmora on Twitter, followed up by explaining that "I saw a joke drawing that depicted ashley with big ears and this came to my mind, i never got past the boulder chase scene as a kid."This is pretty cute and funny, but it gets better: the Resident Evil 4 community has...
AEW Fight Forever, the officially licensed All Elite Wrestling game developed by Yuke's and published by THQ Nordic, is supposed to be out this year. But a series of comments from AEW leadership and the game's developers have left fans confused as to the game's actual development status.The confusion can be traced back to February when AEW wrestler and executive vice president Kenny Omega said on the Swerve City Podcast (via WrestleZone) that "the game has been done," but was currently in limbo trying to get an ESRB rating finalized. This was then reiterated by AEW president Tony Khan during a media scrum following pay-per-view event AEW Revolution:"I can't say the exact release date," he said. "There's a lot of things that go into...
Diablo 4 will have a seasonal model much like its predecessor, and it seems like there will be a lot of content for players to tackle.In an interview with PC Gamer, associate game director Joe Piepiora revealed the length fans can expect to complete each season's battle pass."Right now, the battle pass, when you're figuring in completing the season journey alongside doing other content in the game, you're looking at roughly 80 hours worth of time invested to complete the entirety of the battle pass," Piepiora said. "To level a character to level 100 could take a little longer than that based on how you play."The interview also shed some light on how the battle bass system will work. Each season, you'll start with a new seasonal...
"I really should have explored more of the map." That was what I was thinking as waves of xenomorphs hurled themselves at my squad. They’d taken cover behind a large map terminal and, with the help of the three turrets I’d placed at the edges of the room, had mowed down the first few waves. My ammo counters were running low, but we were holding. Then the xenomorphs came out of the air ducts behind me. Game over, man.I wasn’t sure what to make of Aliens: Dark Descent when I sat down to play it at Focus Interactive’s booth at PAX East. Alien has a dodgy track record no matter the medium, and aside from 2003’s Aliens vs Predator: Extinction, the franchise has tended to focus more on action than tactics or strategy. I shouldn’t have...
Bethesda has revealed that Redfall will be launching on Xbox consoles capped at 30 FPS Quality mode and that a 60 FPS Performance mode will come to the game at a later date.Revealed on Redfall’s Twitter account (below), the game will run at 30 FPS in 4K on Xbox Series X and at 30 FPS in 1440p on Xbox Series S.Bethesda didn’t specify when it will add the 60 FPS Performance mode but it’s definitely coming after launch. It’s also unclear why Performance mode won’t be available right away.Redfall also received backlash from fans recently after Bethesda revealed it would also launch with an always online requirement. However, Arkane said it's working on a solution to reverse the decision.Director Harvey Smith also said that a PS5...
Nicolas Cage's Dracula film Renfield is getting a video game adaptation that looks a lot like indie smash hit Vampire Survivors.Renfield: Bring Your Own Blood, which is available through Steam Early Access now for $4.49 / €4.99 / £4.49, is inspired by the events of the Renfield film but features familiar looking vampire-based single player chaos."Our team is so excited to bring our expertise in fun, retro-style games that are filled with wild humor to the amazing world of Renfield," said James Deighan, founder of developer Mega Cat Studios. "It’s an incredible opportunity for us to be working on this with Skybound and Universal Games and Digital Platforms."Players can choose different characters, each with their own special stats...
The Resident Evil 4 merchant is one of the most absurd parts of a game that’s already jam-packed with completely ridiculous over-the-top stuff — but he also exemplifies everything that makes that game so great.This guy first pops up in a random window like a sock puppet and then coaxes Leon to meet him around a corner with all the subtle salesmanship of a crack dealer in a 1980s anti-drug PSA. He’s vaguely menacing at first but you quickly realize how goofy he is — and that’s like so much of the resident evil series: it’s scary at first, and then it’s silly.So many games bend over backward to explain around their own 'video-gaminess.'The merchant’s design also distills RE4 visual sensibilities into one guy: his clothes and mask...
As far as JRPGs go, it's hard to top the charming visual style of Square Enix's Octopath Traveler. So of course the series is a natural choice to join Dark Horse's ever-growing lineup of video game-themed art books.The Art of Octopath Traveler is adapted from the Japanese art book Octopath 2016-2020. This English translation features a mix of behind-the-scenes creator commentary and hundreds of gorgeous illustrations and pieces of concept art.IGN can exclusively debut the unfinalized cover of The Art of Octopath Traveler below:The Art of Octopath Traveler covers the original game and its prequel mobile game, Octopath Traveler: Campions of the Continent. Here's Dark Horse's official description of the book:Discover what lies...