Gaming News

Everyone can post news here. The news posted here could be anything from gaming to world news. This section will be monitored fairly heavily.
AEW Fight Forever, the officially licensed All Elite Wrestling game developed by Yuke's and published by THQ Nordic, is supposed to be out this year. But a series of comments from AEW leadership and the game's developers have left fans confused as to the game's actual development status. The confusion can be traced back to February when AEW wrestler and executive vice president Kenny Omega said on the Swerve City Podcast (via WrestleZone) that "the game has been done," but was currently in limbo trying to get an ESRB rating finalized. This was then reiterated by AEW president Tony Khan during a media scrum following pay-per-view event AEW Revolution: "I can't say the exact release date," he said. "There's a lot of things that go into...
Diablo 4 will have a seasonal model much like its predecessor, and it seems like there will be a lot of content for players to tackle. In an interview with PC Gamer, associate game director Joe Piepiora revealed the length fans can expect to complete each season's battle pass. "Right now, the battle pass, when you're figuring in completing the season journey alongside doing other content in the game, you're looking at roughly 80 hours worth of time invested to complete the entirety of the battle pass," Piepiora said. "To level a character to level 100 could take a little longer than that based on how you play." The interview also shed some light on how the battle bass system will work. Each season, you'll start with a new seasonal...
"I really should have explored more of the map." That was what I was thinking as waves of xenomorphs hurled themselves at my squad. They’d taken cover behind a large map terminal and, with the help of the three turrets I’d placed at the edges of the room, had mowed down the first few waves. My ammo counters were running low, but we were holding. Then the xenomorphs came out of the air ducts behind me. Game over, man. I wasn’t sure what to make of Aliens: Dark Descent when I sat down to play it at Focus Interactive’s booth at PAX East. Alien has a dodgy track record no matter the medium, and aside from 2003’s Aliens vs Predator: Extinction, the franchise has tended to focus more on action than tactics or strategy. I shouldn’t have...
Bethesda has revealed that Redfall will be launching on Xbox consoles capped at 30 FPS Quality mode and that a 60 FPS Performance mode will come to the game at a later date. Revealed on Redfall’s Twitter account (below), the game will run at 30 FPS in 4K on Xbox Series X and at 30 FPS in 1440p on Xbox Series S. Bethesda didn’t specify when it will add the 60 FPS Performance mode but it’s definitely coming after launch. It’s also unclear why Performance mode won’t be available right away. Redfall also received backlash from fans recently after Bethesda revealed it would also launch with an always online requirement. However, Arkane said it's working on a solution to reverse the decision. Director Harvey Smith also said that a PS5...
Nicolas Cage's Dracula film Renfield is getting a video game adaptation that looks a lot like indie smash hit Vampire Survivors. Renfield: Bring Your Own Blood, which is available through Steam Early Access now for $4.49 / €4.99 / £4.49, is inspired by the events of the Renfield film but features familiar looking vampire-based single player chaos. "Our team is so excited to bring our expertise in fun, retro-style games that are filled with wild humor to the amazing world of Renfield," said James Deighan, founder of developer Mega Cat Studios. "It’s an incredible opportunity for us to be working on this with Skybound and Universal Games and Digital Platforms." Players can choose different characters, each with their own special stats...
The Resident Evil 4 merchant is one of the most absurd parts of a game that’s already jam-packed with completely ridiculous over-the-top stuff — but he also exemplifies everything that makes that game so great. This guy first pops up in a random window like a sock puppet and then coaxes Leon to meet him around a corner with all the subtle salesmanship of a crack dealer in a 1980s anti-drug PSA. He’s vaguely menacing at first but you quickly realize how goofy he is — and that’s like so much of the resident evil series: it’s scary at first, and then it’s silly. So many games bend over backward to explain around their own 'video-gaminess.' The merchant’s design also distills RE4 visual sensibilities into one guy: his clothes and mask...
As far as JRPGs go, it's hard to top the charming visual style of Square Enix's Octopath Traveler. So of course the series is a natural choice to join Dark Horse's ever-growing lineup of video game-themed art books. The Art of Octopath Traveler is adapted from the Japanese art book Octopath 2016-2020. This English translation features a mix of behind-the-scenes creator commentary and hundreds of gorgeous illustrations and pieces of concept art. IGN can exclusively debut the unfinalized cover of The Art of Octopath Traveler below: The Art of Octopath Traveler covers the original game and its prequel mobile game, Octopath Traveler: Campions of the Continent. Here's Dark Horse's official description of the book: Discover what lies...
While 2021’s Sherlock Holmes Chapter One had the world’s most iconic detective confronting the ghosts from his past, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened has him dusting off his deerstalker cap in order to investigate a cult worshiping a cosmic, Cthulu-like presence. However, despite the clear influence of HP Lovecraft, The Awakened presents a mystery that’s surprisingly light on scares, with the majority of its attempts to unsettle coming across as more silly than genuinely spine-chilling. Although there was still a solid amount of investigations and crime scene recreations to sink my teeth into over the course of its 10 hours, it was hard to fully buy into Sherlock’s supposed battles with his own sanity at the center of the story when I...
Another day, another bargain hunt. As your gamekeeper, I've scouted ahead already. The winds have been sniffed and the ground checked for spoors. I can confidently lead you to the wiliest discounts that I, personally, would want to bag. Nothing but trophy bucks here. You need only pull the trigger. As for me? I need to stop replaying old Cabela's hunting games before writing articles. Because it's getting weird. This Day in Gaming - Street Fighter Alpha (PS) launch, 1996. Compilation - Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) launch, 2006. Sequel - After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP) launch, 2007. Table of Contents Nintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation LEGO Notable Sales for Nintendo Switch Expiring recent deals Back to top Purchase Cheaply for...
You would be hard-pressed to find a massive-multiplayer game as accessible as Fortnite. We aren’t just talking about its attention to accessibility features like Visual Sound Effects. Since its original days of Save the World PVE and classic action-building Battle Royale, Fortnite’s game modes like Zero Build and Creative have taken off in a tremendous way. The range of gameplay Fortnite has to offer truly makes it the perfect game for casuals and competitive gamers alike. Whether you are in the mood to squad up for some chill games or to get your blood pumping with some haywire shooting gameplay, here are ten games a fan of Fortnite like yourself might enjoy. Roblox The beauty of Roblox is that it can be literally anything you want...
Ellie's got a new wardrobe coming to the PlayStation 5 version of The Last of Us Part 1. On Twitter, developer Naughty Dog announced that The Last of Us Part 1's latest patch on PS5 adds the previously PC-exclusive t-shirts into the PlayStation version of the game. One new shirt is host to the Mortal Kombat II logo, which Ellie and Riley are seen playing in the HBO show's adaptation of Left Behind. The other shirt has the logo for HBO's The Wire. The 1.03 patch also introduces a handful of bug fixes to The Last of Us Part 1 on PS5. PlayStation 5 was already the definitive place to play the remake of Naughty Dog's acclaimed classic, as the recent PC release has been plagued with issues. But the addition of these two shirts inspired...
The United States military is facing a massive information crisis after top secret U.S. documents regarding the war in Ukraine were leaked through multiple Discord servers. According to the Wall Street Journal, the documents reportedly contain details about the war in Ukraine, U.S. allies, American penetration of Russian military plans, and more. Dozens of documents have surfaced so far with many bearing "Top Secret" or "Secret" labels, according to the report. What's even more surprising is the path the information took across the internet. The documents apparently first appeared in a small Discord server with mostly American users. The information eventually passed through a Minecraft Discord server, with screenshots obtained by...
QuakeCon 2023 is coming back to Grapevine, Texas this summer from August 10 to 13. The organizers announced the comeback of the convention — which celebrates Doom, Quake, and some other Bethesda games — on Monday, saying it will be the first in-person event since 2019. It said this year's convention will bring greater emphasis to the BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) event. "QuakeCon is our favorite event of the year, and we can’t wait to finally see our incredible QuakeCon community in-person again, celebrate games, and frag all weekend with thousands of friends," id Software studio head Marty Stratton said in a statement. "For our first year back, QuakeCon 2023 is focusing on the fan-favorite BYOC and the players that made QuakeCon...
It's unclear if Dark and Darker will ever see the light of day, but one fan is taking matters into their own hands by trying to recreate the upcoming game in Fortnite. Reddit user fermelon recently revealed that they are attempting to recreate Ironmace's game using Fortnite's creation tool, posting a short clip of a work-in-progress version of the map. The gameplay shows a Fortnite character working their way through a very dark castle with nothing but a torch to light the way. Commenters pointed out that the minimap displayed in the corner is a recreation of Dark and Darker's minimap. No enemies appear in the gameplay clip, but it's still an impressive recreation of Dark and Darker's setting. Fermelon said they're planning to share...
The Razer Edge 5G is the latest iteration of mobile gaming and takes it one step further by allowing games to play outside of WiFi range with Verizon’s 5G Ultra Wideband Network. We were so excited to learn more that we sat down with Kelsey Peterson, the gaming lead on the product marketing team at Verizon. One of the biggest takeaways from speaking with her is the Razer Edge 5G is made by gamers, for gamers. And at the same time, it’s not just limited to gaming. They wanted to elevate the mobile gaming space with a custom-built, next level tablet that would change the way you think about mobile gaming. Let’s get into it. First thing to keep in mind: it’s not a mobile phone or an e-reader. It’s a tablet built like a PC for gaming...
Resident Evil 4 walks the line between horror and comedy, but one of the original's most memorable campy lines almost didn't make it into this year's remake. The line in question comes in the game's introduction. Shortly after stumbling upon Resident Evil 4's village area for the first time, Leon S. Kennedy is faced with an overwhelming amount of enemies. But as Resident Evil 4 fans know, when the church bells start to ring, the villagers stop attacking Leon and make their way to the church. Leon then says, "Where's everyone going? Bingo?" And the title card appears. It turns out this iconic moment was almost cut from RE4 Remake. In an interview with IGN, Leon S. Kennedy voice actor Nick Apostolides revealed what happened during...
CD Projekt Red (CDPR) has rolled out new high end ray-tracing features for the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077, courtesy of the newly released Ray Tracing: Overdrive mode introduced in Patch 1.62. The new PC exclusive features are geared towards high-end rigs, and will bring a “fully ray-traced, aka path-traced, rendering mode to the game”, according to a new post on the Cyberpunk 2077 website. The developer states that the technology is capable of accurately simulating light throughout any given scene, taking into account the characteristics of emissions from an unlimited number of sources to create faithful shadows, reflections, and global illuminations. As a result, the full set of new features are extremely GPU-intensive, and...
Last month, I finally got to play an extended chunk of The Last Worker, a game I’ve written a little bit about before. Specifically, in my Gamescom preview, I was drawn to the ways in which its dystopian Amazon warehouse environment both amused and unsettled me. You should read that if you haven’t yet because all my feelings about it then still hold true. But having now gotten to grapple with the game in full, I’ve stumbled upon another way in which The Last Worker clearly wants to break my brain: it’s putting me at odds with my own relationship with both work and play. In The Last Worker’s first “act” of sorts, you’re playing a man named Kurt who works at Jüngle, the fictional world’s most profitable company that produces and...
A Persona 3 Remake could be on the way based on new reports as well as what may be leaked footage. A sizzle reel appeared to leak over the weekend containing footage of remakes for both Jet Set Radio and Persona 3. Gematsu subsequently reported that a Persona 3 Remake is indeed in development, though it couldn't corroborate the footage. Adding further fuel to these reports, a Twitter user spotted a potential name in p3re.jp, which was registered back in March. The domain name is registered to the same provider as the Persona 5 Royal website. A Persona 3 remake has been hotly desired by fans over the years. Both of the main versions -- the first one released on PlayStation 2, the second on PSP -- are widely considered imperfect due...
Tango Gameworks' latest update for Hi-Fi Rush adds several additional quality-of-life features, including accessibility options for parrying and a collectible counter for each stage. The first of the accessibility options, 2D Rhythm Game Assist, provides a wider window of success for timed inputs during Rhythm Games. These appear in places where the player has to activate Data nodes and can be tricky for some players to nail 100%. With this new assist turned on, even if players miss inputs, they will still be able to complete the Rhythm Game as long as they still hit 70% of the correct inputs. The other accessibility option is the Auto Rhythm Parry, where players can press and hold down the button for the first action in a forced...
Tekken 8’s game director, Katsuhiro Harada, has confirmed that crossplay and rollback netcode will be supported by the upcoming fighting game. Talking to fans on Twitter, Harada explained that both features will be present and correct. “Crossplay? Of course I will,” he said to one fan, while confirming to another that “Already installed [rollback netcode], and it already has what you want." In regards to crossplay, Harada said that he actually the feature around the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One generation, but that the platform holders had prevented it being implemented. “When the previous generation consoles were released, I had already proposed crossplay between the two platformers,” he said. “However, at that time, they were...
The snowball of games delayed out of 2021 and 2022 has settled in 2023, coalescing into the most exciting games lineup of the decade so far. 2023, arguably, marks the proper start of the PS5 and Xbox Series X generation with Unreal Engine 5 support building and an increasing number of developers dropping support for last-gen hardware. Each of the three console manufacturers has at least one blockbuster release scheduled this year — Starfield for Xbox, Spider-Man 2 for PlayStation, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for Nintendo — complemented by a generation-best third-party lineup that includes Hogwarts Legacy, Resident Evil 4, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Street Fighter 6, Diablo 4, Final Fantasy 16, Assassin’s Creed Mirage...
Hopefully, you've just spent four glorious days doing sweet nada. As a result, there's now a decent chance you've made a dent on your To Play games pile. We really ought to Jenga it right back up again with yet more must-play bargains. Or, alternatively, a dirt cheap official controller or an entire console bundle. Insulate yourself from Easter holiday boredom, my friend. This Day in Gaming - Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (PS3, X360) launch, 2013. Remaster - Dino Crisis 2 (PC) launch, 2003. - Defiance (PC, PS3, X360) launch, 2013. Table of Contents Nintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation Notable Sales for Nintendo Switch Expiring recent deals Back to top Purchase Cheaply for PC Expiring recent deals Back to top Exciting...
HoYoverse has found a new voice actor for Tighnari ahead of Genshin Impact's Version 3.6 update. The Chinese game developer announced in a blog post on Sunday night that Tighnari's English voice actor would be updated in the upcoming patch. Fans are currently speculating that the new voice actor will be Zachary Gordon, based on allegedly leaked audio shared on Twitter. Gordon is notable for playing Greg Heffley in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid films and voicing Hayner in Kingdom Hearts 3. However, HoYoverse has not yet confirmed the rumors that Gordon is the new voice actor for the Dendro character. The news of HoYoverse officially recasting Tighnari comes two months after the original English voice actor Elliot Gindi was fired due to...
Studio Wildcard has announced that it will be scrapping the Ark: Survival Ascended bundle following backlash from fans. The developer explained in a community blog post published on Steam last Friday that it has backpedaled on the decision to bundle Survival Ascended with Ark 2, which recently got delayed to 2024: "Our intention behind this was to provide a package where you essentially got two products for the price of one. In hindsight, not the best move," the studio wrote. "Our bad; we recognize how combining Ark Survival Ascended with Ark 2 and requiring further DLC upgrades wasn’t optimal, especially since you wouldn’t be able to judge Ark 2 as no gameplay or content would be available yet." Because of the fan feedback Studio...
The Diablo 4 open beta period has ended, and players were given a taste of what they can expect in the full release of the game. While Blizzard has been sharing more information about certain systems through periodic developer livestreams and videos, not much has been revealed about the end-game, if certain game modes will be making a return, or even whether certain features from previous games will return to help add more depth to general gameplay and character builds. Here are some things we would like to see potentially make a return in Diablo 4. Adventure Mode Adventure Mode was an optional game mode available in Diablo 3. This mode allowed players to skip the story and dive right into the action and tackle different quests set...
Each of the characters starring in Arkane Studio's Redfall has a unique set of talents, whether they were invented, came with the job, or in Jacob's case, were bestowed mysteriously by a vampire. In the exclusive character trailer above we learn more about Jacob's background and how he gained his supernatural powers. Jacob is an experienced sniper and uses his new abilities in combination with the skills he had prior to arriving at Redfall in his kit. Check out what he's got available to him to fight off former co-workers and vampires below: Power 1: Raven – Command your raven to fly forward and mark enemies. Power 2: Cloak – Activate Jacob’s stolen Bellwether Cloak to hide from enemies. Ultimate Ability: Heartstopper – Summon a...
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor director Stig Asmussen has revealed Coruscant to be one of the planets featured in the sequel, though it may not be a fully explorable open world area. Sharing the news at Star Wars Celebration, not long before he released the final gameplay trailer for Jedi: Survivor, Asmussen confirmed Coruscant was in the game. "We're taking our Metroidvania approach a step further and, just to talk about another planet, we're going to have Coruscant as well," he said. "I think there's been a lot of speculation on that, and [I'm] just confirming it here." Though Asmussen did talk about Coruscant in a conversation about the larger explorable areas included in Jedi: Survivor, EA's Star Wars communications lead Andy McNamara...
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor has received its final trailer ahead of its launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC later this month. Showing of a ton of gameplay footage alongside some new story cutscenes, set against an ominous yet hopeful monologue, the trailer was released during Star Wars Celebration 2023. Cal Kestis is the main focus, and we see gameplay of him in a bunch of different fights. These include against Stormtroopers, Destroyer Droids from the prequel trilogy, and even a Rancor. We also see one gnarly scene where Cal throws a Scout trooper from a speeder straight into a TIE fighter. Fans will get to experience all this for themselves when Jedi: Survivor launches on April 28, but those on PC will need to make space...
It’s hard to talk about modern video games without mentioning the influence of Grand Theft Auto. Rockstar’s iconic crime franchise has grown from a controversial PlayStation 1 classic to a universally recognised cultural behemoth, with its most recent entry, Grand Theft Auto 5, becoming the third best-selling game of all time. However, the series didn’t grow into a landmark success overnight. Rockstar has been slowly building its iconic crime series for over two decades, creating hyper-immersive open worlds that players explore for years after their release. With over sixteen Grand Theft Auto games dropping since the franchise began in 1997, new players are probably wondering where to start. To help you get stuck in, we’ve listed...