What's new

Why Siege is a good Idea.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
@Valetino

Alright.. You called my bluff.

But still no need to be a repulsive, irritating prick?

SO WHAT IF I USED THE THESAURUS FOR THOSE LONG WORDS. :'(

--- merged: Aug 27, 2011 at 8:49 PM ---

+ Guys, I did link you guys the Factions config file and I only had one back via Private Message.

How about those who want siege, pick that up and have a browse. How would you do it?

Those who don't want it, pick it up and see what you can keep constant and will remain fair.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Velo....Velo...Velo...

Did you just complain to me about putting up pictures on a thread? srs?

Why do people agree with me? because I am right...? oh no couldn't be something logical like that....

As for likes and such, you say I am immature for stuff like saying "No siege has more links" yet, you are being childish by pointing out half the story, I also say, anti siege players give more reasons other than "I like siege" like pro siege players do.

People don't want siege proven by comments/reasons and votes, end of.

Also so what if you, Laithes and Tanja want Siege? so what if because some other players have not been playing as long as you? I am sorry but I missed that you had to be playing on the server for a certain amount of time to have your opinion matter, Sorry Hitler.

Also you are proving my sarcastic pictures right:/

Lul. UNFUNNY PICTURES!

And PvP is pointless! Why is it Aggression PvP!? So we can spawn camp and kill a few people at spawn?! Is that Aggression PvP!?

Like seriously! We have nothing to do! Nobody does! Nobody fights! If this wasn't "Aggression PvP" I wouldn't care, but it is! There is not PvP going on!

LOTS OF !!!!!!!!s

But seriously Vale. What do you expect people to do? Build bases, become rich, so they can. . . ? They can't do anything after!

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I'm not necessarily saying "GO SIEGE! IN EVERY WAY" but I think the idea is that of a good one so we can actually fight. If someone can implement something that makes the downfall of a faction possible, then yeah lets do it.

And your whole speech on rage quitters is a joke.

Jordtz, Lloydies, Scopulus, FNG+mentos, Exeal, CommanderChedo, GoMLV, and about 7 other people. Those were all the people involved in their factions being FUCKED, yet not one of them quit.

--- merged: Aug 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM ---

Maybe just make it a rule so people can get into your faction base, like "no hiding in your base like a pussy"

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Or "When challenged, a faction must fight"

--- merged: Aug 27, 2011 at 9:05 PM ---

Nobody damn fights here because it isn't possible and it has no outcome but a few dirt pieces you loot of the nub's body.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Valetino, I just looked at the mine-status PvP servers, and many of them have factions and no siege. So this makes our server unique how? I would post IP's but that could count as advertising. :p So go and take a look for yourself.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I saw a few attributes in the .config that might create a situation that works towards appeasing everyone in this situation. Turn off the shield factor entirely, so both sides take the same amount of damage regardless of who owns the terrain. Slow down power regen per minute, it really needs to be an effective punishment for dying, maybe set it to .2 per minute?. Also increase the amount of power lost on death, maybe even as high as ten, so that any kill is a huge push for attacking parties. This way people still have land that is completely defend-able, but it's more possible for attackers to gain control of territory. Only problem I can see is finding some form of encouragement for the defenders to leave their base and try to drive off the attackers. Maybe require that conquest attempts require a bunker, built with at least 5 gold and 3 diamond blocks to be built. The resources of the bunker walls or even while they're in the inventories of the builders would be an incentive to leave the base and try to kill the attackers. It also means that defenders will have to worry less about conquests, because not many people want to throw out diamond blocks to try to claim something. Sound fair to everyone?

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
I saw a few attributes in the .config that might create a situation that works towards appeasing everyone in this situation. Turn off the shield factor entirely, so both sides take the same amount of damage regardless of who owns the terrain. Slow down power regen per minute, it really needs to be an effective punishment for dying, maybe set it to .2 per minute?. Also increase the amount of power lost on death, maybe even as high as ten, so that any kill is a huge push for attacking parties. This way people still have land that is completely defend-able, but it's more possible for attackers to gain control of territory. Only problem I can see is finding some form of encouragement for the defenders to leave their base and try to drive off the attackers. Maybe require that conquest attempts require a bunker, built with at least 5 gold and 3 diamond blocks to be built. The resources of the bunker walls or even while they're in the inventories of the builders would be an incentive to leave the base and try to kill the attackers. It also means that defenders will have to worry less about conquests, because not many people want to throw out diamond blocks to try to claim something. Sound fair to everyone?

Killing restores half of the lost power? Killing is the only way to regen power? <This would make pvp essential.