What's new

The Spawn Base Rule Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownsamuel

Level 15
Aug 21, 2011
Credits
If you do not already know there are many people that strongly disagree with the new rule about making bases close to spawn.

"Spawn bases are not allowed, that is making a base just outside of spawn for the purposes of (not limited to) trapping players."

Now I know there is a nice size thread on revamping PvP. If you want a lot of pvp allow spawn bases / outposts. Before 1.8 we had them and they made pvp happen a good portion of the day. Now I have nothing against the administration, but I strongly believe the server would be much more entertaining, popular, and have a lot more active players if we removed this rule. Now I'm sure the administration is probably not going to listen to one voice.

So if you agree with me say something! Post, like, lets see what the server thinks about the new rule.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
I do agree, spawn bases did help the server but they also scared of new players, regardless it is a rule and I have to enforce it.

brownsamuel

Level 15
Aug 21, 2011
Credits
Well you could allow spawn bases around certain parts. Like allowing them to be built down 2 of the 4 rail roads and the other 2 not and put a sign up warning new players about the dangerous ways.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
will have to think of something. but sadly retards and derps will push any kindness given in these rules. and the spawn rules was put into effect cause you couldn't really even LEAVE the spawn area without running into someone spawnbase.

Current rules allow bases to be built around rails/spawn, but must remain 64blocks away to keep asshattery from happening to people on the rails, or vice versa.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
When I first spawned in aggression, I walked out of spawn to explore the wide world.

Then I died instantly from the people camping spawn.

Then I died again.

Ten+ times.

Spawn bases can suck my dick.

Mr_Lucky

Level 3
Aug 6, 2011
Credits
@M1, Is that 64 block rule currently in place? Cos I'm quite sure a base further away than that got walled in by obsidian and TNTd, even though it was pretty far from the rails and just added more fun into the game instead of making anything worse.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
We know you don't like the ban on spawn bases, but if we don't do it new players are fucked. While we do value the opinions of our players please understand that we make these decisions for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.