The Official MLP Fan Club

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
"Shut up. If you do not like do not post."

If you can not type with proper grammar do not post.

If you cannot type with correct grammar, do not post.

Modern British and American before you say it.

Tutrie

Level 21
Jul 11, 2011
Credits
Comma isn't needed and
If you cannot type with correct grammar, do not post.

Modern British and American before you say it.

The comma is not needed. You use a comma when you want to inform the reader they need to pause before they continue to read. I admit a comma would have sounded better if the sentence was read out loud but it is still not needed.

Also, believe it or not you cannot use cannot in that sentence. It is correct to say can not and not cannot. The use of the can not or cannot in this situation can be debated but I think if you read this quick guide then look at my sentence you will agree with me. Telling someone they cannot post unless they use proper grammar would be the same as telling someone they cannot use Bowl of Noodles because they are British.

In the end this could go back forth between who is right and who is wrong but after analysis of both sentences you can see we are both right.

Here is the link for "cannot vs. can not."

1GreyGhost

Level 22
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 10, 2010
Credits
WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I'M NOT HEAR (aren't i so funny with my grammar jokes) HATERS APPEAR!?!?!?!??!??!?

KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC!

btw: (season2 in december :3)

1GreyGhost

Level 22
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 10, 2010
Credits
Update for all those in the Official MLP Fan Club, if you have not watched these pony related videos I recommend you do so immediately. I will warn those who watch these videos three that there is a lot of inappropriate language used so if you are offended by that then do not watch.

The first one is personally my favorite with only 1 flaw which I will address with a later video.

The second one is a recreation of one of the scenes from the first one and is why the first one is not perfect. If you believe that this individual copied the first video then read the description he explains how the original idea came to be. You also have to have a youtube account that is above the required age limit for watching reported videos. Don't worry about the video being reported, it has A LOT of swearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfZTr8zMsc

The last one I am posting is somewhat of an "inside joke" by that I mean that it is funnier if you know about card games on motorcycles.

I will also remind you that this thread is for the sole purpose of appreciating a good show. If for whatever reason you don't like the show or the people who watch it then just don't post here. We do not want your negativity here and I will ask you to please take that else where. Also I will ask that people please keep this thread on topic, if you are arguing with someone in this thread please just have it done through private messages. Remember, this thread is about the show My Little Pony Friendship is Magic not grammar or how much imagination a person has. Thank you for those who have been continuing posting here with the original intention of this thread in mind.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
O.K. let's go through this argument.

Comma isn't needed and

<quote>

The comma is not needed.

Repetition which makes no sense.

It is correct to say can not and not cannot.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/cannot

but cannot is more common (in the Oxford English Corpus, three times as common). The two-word form is better only in a construction in which not is part of a set phrase

the ordinary modern way of writing can not

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/can not?show=0&t=1313964850

Redirects to cannot

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/british/?q=can not

What's that? No entries for can not found, redirects to cannot.

Telling someone they cannot post unless they use proper grammar would be the same as telling someone they cannot use Bowl of Noodles because they are British.

Nice use of cannot here, and nice singling out of the British considering Australians are essentially British, racism towards the head admin much?

Also

1. "Shut up. If you do not like, do not post."
  2. Using one source you randomly Googled for is not a good argument.

5SHi0.jpg

1GreyGhost

Level 22
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 10, 2010
Credits
WHAT DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET ABOUT STAYING ON TOPIC!?!@?!?!?!?!?

I'll let echo slide on this because he said at the end to stay on topic but seriously. If you want to have a discussion with echo that does not pertain to ponies then please pm him. Or better yet, set up an Official English Grammar Fan Club thread and have all that nonsense be brought there.

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
xKWpF.jpg

I made this one by blowing a lot, and than I sucked out all the oxygen in the jar, that way it pulls the crystals towards you and makes them nice and spiky.

Gielnor

Level 39
Jul 4, 2010
Credits
http://chemistry.about.com/od/toxicchemicals/a/Mixing-Bleach-And-Ammonia.htm

Posting before some idiot without basic chemistry training tries this.

Chemicals Involved

Note that each and every one of these chemicals is toxic, except for the water and salt.

• NH3 = ammonia
  • HCl = hydrochloric acid
  • NaOCl = sodium hypochlorite (bleach)
  • Cl = chlorine
  • Cl2 = chlorine gas
  • NH2Cl = chloramine
  • N2H4 = hydrazine
  • NaCl = sodium chloride or salt
  • H2O = water

HCl will burn everything you know and love, and chlorine gas will just plain murder the shit out of you. There's a reason it was used during World War I as a chemical weapon, and it's the same reason it was banned by the Geneva Convention.

So yeah, anyway, ponies for those of you who haven't incinerated their lungs.

AHdm2.png

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
http://chemistry.about.com/od/toxicchemicals/a/Mixing-Bleach-And-Ammonia.htm

Posting before some idiot without basic chemistry training tries this.

HCl will burn everything you know and love, and chlorine gas will just plain murder the shit out of you. There's a reason it was used during World War I as a chemical weapon, and it's the same reason it was banned by the Geneva Convention.

So yeah, anyway, ponies for those of you who haven't incinerated their lungs.

AHdm2.png

My good sir I request next time you wish to post spoilers, you do so with the appropriate spoiler tags, please change the above section before I report your post for spoilers.

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
I've gone ahead and done it for you because spoiling is wrong, however I kept the point of the spoiler pretty clear for all to see, In the future post all your happy-ending spoilers in the proper spoiler tags.