What's new

SpoutCraft - Enhanced Minecraft Client

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
YOU NEED TO USE THE DEVELOPMENT VERSION!

spout_327x150.png

What is Spoutcraft?

Well Spoutcraft is a Minecraft client that allows connection to Spout. Spout is a framework to bridge the single player mods and multiplayer plugins. And if you don't quite understand that.. Read on!

What can it do?

The one thing Minecraft Multiplayer plugins had difficulty doing before Spout was released was changing the aesthetics of Minecraft. With Spout installed on the server Administrators have the ability to expand Inventories beyond the usual limit, change everyone's skins VISIBLY for everyone on the server, add music for zones, faction capes and tags along with player targeting, named pets and party frames. Yes it's all possible with Spout.

Giz' a look eh?

spoutcraftlauncherone.png

This is the SpoutCraft launcher. Once you've clicked log in this client will automatically download any Minecraft updates and Spout updates. You get a tidy view of your character and I believe it supports more than one account so you can line them up!

spoutcraftserverselecti.png

And this is the server selection screen. You can save your favourite servers FINALLY! and there is also a Public Server List for you to browse through! (Not that you need it, Aggression!)

20110827051214.png

This is me with a green faction cape on. Anyone in my faction will have a green cape one. And Ariachred with a white one on, because hes in a neutral faction. We can also see Ariachred's Faction name, his rank in that faction and his server rank!

Alright! Tidy! Giz' a bash eh?

If you want to try SpoutCraft then you can download it [HERE]. If you wish to test the Dev version for whatever reason (like me) then on the main screen simple select the option panel and tick 'Use latest Dev build'.;

You didn't show me enough!

Unfortunately the only Spout support we have at the moment is factions. But below i'll show you a couple of the possibilities with Spout.

2011-08-16_01.40.00.png

This is SpoutCraft and McMMO in harmony. As you can see there is an experience bar as you are completing a skill as well as a health bar for you group.

2011-08-22_14-27-22-png.6110

This is a look at some different party frames. As you can see Group members are on the left hand side of the screen along with the players wolfs at the top. All of these bars are configurable in position.

SpoutBackpack.png

This image shows an expanded Inventory. This is going to be rolled out onto our server with the benefits assigned to various parties most of which will be the Donators.

SpoutBackpack_Workbench.png

We can also allow a workbench in players inventory as well.

The last thing I want to show you, because it is extra amazing...

7vCna

WdU9n

These two images show two people trading. Zero risk of stealing and I expect iConomy support is on it's way.

Is Aggression going to get these features?!

Yes, some of them.

Can I see these without SpoutCraft?

No, unfortunately not.

Do I need SpoutCraft to play Aggression now?

We aren't planning on forcing SpoutCraft on users but we'll give benefits to those who do use it.

You'd be stupid not to.

Wait a minute.. SpoutCraft is a different client. Can I mod it?

No. You can't mod it.

The only thing you can do to SpoutCraft is add Texture packs. The way it should be.

Give me a list of the client side features bro!

(Players must have the Spoutcraft client mod installed.)

• OptiFine (OptiMine, OptiFog, OptiTick) integrated
  • HD fonts and BetterGrass integrated
  • Mipmapping integrated
  • HD textures support integrated
  • Custom skins, capes, and multi-line capable titles
  • Custom achievement notifications
  • Play Minecraft sound effects and music
  • Play custom sound effects and music
  • Stop music playback with fadeout
  • Background music change event
  • Change fog and fog change event
  • Maximum/minimum fog levels
  • Key press and release events
  • Custom item hover-over names
  • SetRemainingAir/SetMaximumAir render correctly
  • Clipboard get/set
  • Control texture packs
  • Control cloud height/visibility
  • Control star frequency
  • Control sun and moon texture and size
  • Control sky and cloud colors
  • Server reconnect API
  • Chunk caching
  • Removes F3 coordinates and mob names (Server dependant)

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Looks cool, but will it work when 1.8 comes out?

If you mean will it start to work / be implemented to Aggression in 1.8 then;

Some features are in now.

Some features will be added then.

If you mean will it continue to work after 1.8 then;

Yes.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
.... Why the fuck will the install not work for me? I finally got pissed enough to look it up, and apparently I'm supposed to download that shit, tell it to run as a .jar and it'll install itself. Now for whatever reason, that doesn't work.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
@Laithes

You just download the .jar and double click it.. right? Assign a new minecraft Icon to it if it makes you feel better. sorry i'll make this more clear in the post.

@britishvampire I think everyone who is in a faction gets a cape.. Hopefully?

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I download the jar, double click and get this error: Exception in thread "main" Java.NoClassDefFoundError C:Users\Username\Desktop\Spoutcraft.jar