What's new

Revamping PvP and factions

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
hmm could work, turn creeper drops into something else. Keep Ghast drops on (do they still drop gunpowder?) it facilitates dangerous hunting in the nether to get TNT without having to pay for it ^_^

Denerius

Level 11
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
You do know you have to find the base first? You guys make it sound like that's not a problem at all. Most of the bases are like 2K-5K blocks away. Tbh, I like Laithes' idea. Place a TNT block to destroy a wall and get in to kill the players, that's pretty awesome.

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
To solve Tanja's problem, again, an M1 minded person would solve it just fine.

Except the actual hole cost the attackers like 5k, plus an additional 5k for the first hole(@M1: 3 shot 1 propulsion, shouldn't be hard)

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Eh, the Nether isn't really that dangerous, I'd prefer it being something that should be used extremely sparingly, not being able to farm it directly.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Eh, the Nether isn't really that dangerous, I'd prefer it being something that should be used extremely sparingly, not being able to farm it directly.

Considering you can't teleport away in the Nether like in the normal world. Ghasts are generally flying over lava and shooting at you from up to 100 blocks away, Zombie pigmen groups that turn hostile to EVERYONE once someone hits them. Add in that the nether is supposed to be the main place for gaining money so it would/should be fairly populated.

I see it being quite challenging to get gunpowder. :p

J3ll0

Level 13
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Well I think its a good idea to price tnt so high and make it otherwise unobtainable, but what about the loads of gunpowder that people may already have? Myself, I already have what would be 20k worth of gunpowder :D

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Considering you can't teleport away in the Nether like in the normal world. Ghasts are generally flying over lava and shooting at you from up to 100 blocks away, Zombie pigmen groups that turn hostile to EVERYONE once someone hits them. Add in that the nether is supposed to be the main place for gaining money so it would/should be fairly populated.

I see it being quite challenging to get gunpowder. :p

M1, Ghasts are easy to avoid, and have been so since they were created. But it's cool to know that many people don't seem to know how to ensure that you never get hit, even while standing still. And for pigmen, you don't touch them, they don't touch you. And even when you do get them mad, the health gained from their drops replaces whatever health you lose while fighting them. And while yes, getting it from Ghasts is harder, but it's better to just have a set price, something that can't directly be farmed for in anyway.

Mircea

Level 5
Jul 15, 2011
Credits
Can you counter this with obsidian blocks? And lets just say you make an obsidian secured base.What is there to stop a very big faction to simply destroy everything on a radius of 100 blocks?

--- merged: Sep 29, 2011 at 6:04 PM ---

I'm okay with the power lost on death being a bit less harsh, I guess people shouldn't be raped for one death, but we can't let them have like 3 or 4 chances like we currently do. Now on the idea of regaining power on kills, is that along with the normal regen? Because if it's not, that wouldn't encourage PvP at all, that would encourage hiding in your base so you don't lose any power. But if you gain the power alongside the normal regen, then I can see an incentive there, for example, my faction base is getting raped, but we only need 3 more power to keep the rest of the base safe. I run out and have a chance to kill Mircea. If I do, the base is safe, if I die, well I fucked us over more. And on the trust thing, is there anyway to give faction moderators or admins express permissions for certain chunks? That way you only have to 100% trust your mods, because the other guys can't access certain chunks where you store your more important shit. You still have to trust people not to give out co-ords and things like that, but you won't face total ruin from the inside.

:)) i totally agree with your argument.But why set me as an example?:))

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Can you counter this with obsidian blocks? And lets just say you make an obsidian secured base.What is there to stop a very big faction to simply destroy everything on a radius of 100 blocks?

--- merged: Sep 29, 2011 at 6:04 PM ---

:)) i totally agree with your argument.But why set me as an example?:))

the environment griefing rule?

but seeing how troublesome obsidian is, all I really see happening is obsidian fortified* walls, and 'Panic' Rooms.

*Instead of a solid layer of obsidian, a grid of obsidian in the wall, offers most of the protection at about 25-75% less obsidian.