• No, I don't want it to be wiped.

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volkrast

Level 0
Apr 1, 2015
Credits
Read about plenty of glitches happening and experienced lag myself, hopefully a wipe will fix them. In my opinion the possible gain is more than the loss.

tboneaeb1

Level 0
Apr 3, 2015
Credits
All that needs to happen is old un-used buildings being removed, not a whole wipe. people worked hard for their bases and we had a wipe 4 days ago. it's not fair. just because people have bottlenecked PCs, isn't a reason for a total wipe.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
All that needs to happen is old un-used buildings being removed, not a whole wipe. people worked hard for their bases and we had a wipe 4 days ago. it's not fair. just because people have bottlenecked PCs, isn't a reason for a total wipe.
I feel that we would still be having problems even if I deleted every single thing on the map right now.

Firstly, I've witnessed someone's whole base basically vanish, the blocks were still there but every single thing outside and in disappeared instantly. He still spawns where his bed used to be and he has no way of resetting it. I've also seen someone spawn in a completely random person's base, he could have stolen everything and ran but instead he told me what happened, it might not be the only time this has happened but it's the first time I've seen it happen.

We have no guarantee that a map wipe WILL fix these problems but I also have a feeling that a fresh start is more likely to fix them.

As for your point about people having a bottleneck that causes them to lag, I don't think it's true for the majority of people that are having problems. I've experienced the problem that people are talking about with crippling lag every few seconds, it's definitely a problem with the game rather than a problem with their rig. (This obviously isn't true for everyone, but I know exactly what some people are talking about)

Either way, I will still be flying around cleaning up the map and we'll be making sure to take both sides into account.

Mar 31, 2015
Credits
wipe too often and you'll lose people who'll actually stick around and make your server active.
100% agree.

Wiping 4 days after a wipe and people thinking it will help.. Yes.. it'll help.. for 3 days.. then what? we're gonna wipe again in 4 days like now?
What happens to all the work EVERYONE has put into the server, not just you 19 people(atm) who have voted no, there is over 200 whitelisted members, alot of people are too lazy to vote.

I'm not the only one that won't be happy from this server wipe. in these 4 days i've spent over 12 hours a day building and repelling people from my castle and now it all goes because of a few whiny people.

We've figured out already its from an overload of objects placed in 1 spot, When people come close to the castle they lag out from our blocks, when people go close to for instance, BBQ's base, they lag out from their blocks but if they do not build these blocks they will be sieged so easy and then whats the point in playing. If they build these blocks you lag like fuck and then you'll want another server wipe.

TLDR;
you either lag or you wipe every few days.
there is consiquences both way.
lag = shit gameplay
wipe = only certain members stick around that like the new phase of the game. (building)

also zeus if you're out there, suck a dick you whiny schoolkid.

Beoelf

Level 1
Apr 1, 2015
Credits
Just wipe it, things that were corrected in the patch don't work on the server because it didn't wipe. The ballista for example cant be fired in zoom mode, when patch notes say they can.

Wanderer

Level 0
Apr 2, 2015
Credits
Guys WTF, this game is at alpha stage and meant to be wiped with most of the updates, alpha 10 recently came out and they RECOMMENDED to wipe the server ... Rebuilding is part of the game, if you cant handle this then you should just join a pve server or quit the game!
This is a PvP server, and on PvP servers the performance should be the HIGHEST PRIORITY!

Apr 2, 2015
Credits
The MAIN problem right now is the amount of Windowed Stone blocks everyone has horded up when they were 20 stone each. IT makes the gameplay incredibly unbalance @Castle group.

Anyway, im sure there will be wipe tomorrow, thanks everyone for all outnumbered fights today. I got alot of footage probly will make video today/tomorrow we will see.

Gg

untamed

Level 0
Apr 2, 2015
Credits
100% agree.

Wiping 4 days after a wipe and people thinking it will help.. Yes.. it'll help.. for 3 days.. then what? we're gonna wipe again in 4 days like now?
What happens to all the work EVERYONE has put into the server, not just you 19 people(atm) who have voted no, there is over 200 whitelisted members, alot of people are too lazy to vote.
If they feel strongly about it they would vote regardless of if they were lazy.

As said above, the game is alpha, you should be expecting to lose your stuff or die at any moment due to bugs. Half the fun of a sandbox game like RoK is the building and experimenting, especially when it's in alpha.

Hargut

Level 1
Mar 31, 2015
Credits
Every Patch they would change something about performance, backend or what ever i would agree on a wipe.
But this patch, patched:

Costs of blocks, items, music changes, whitelist changes and small bug fixes, which all workswithout a wipe.

Sure they wipe the official servers, did u see what hackers are spamming there? Our server have 10% of the size in building and shit layong around then they do.

Sure the new ones vote for yes, and yes, its refresing start again, but not if it start every 3 days.

Honestly i think we goong to loos some players, who stick to ther stuff and dont want to atart over and over again, and we will win some more koser, cuz thats the guys here writing in the thread about yes for wipe, they dont even build a base, they have chests in a building with ther stolen stuff, even ther workbenches are inside there and they plop em out if they need em, thats just full kos mode.

Nxt point people telling about performance issues, honestly i ran all over the map - i get no lag at all.
if pVP is the most i portant and u stick to no lags, best fpa, make ur settings the lowest possible.
And compare the plain field to other server, we got close to nothing there, and its the nain part people are running too.

Also we are going to have a wipe in 4-5 days - thats the biggest poont for me to say - now there is no wipe needed, cuz we will get one in a few days, since the devs say they just wasnt able to roll it out at the weekend, so it should happen in a few days - and then we finally get ride of hackers, for some time - thats the moment to wipe, vuz its a important patch.

Amd honestly : most people dont know about this poll, most qho vote here are people from whitelist.

And if u give players now 1-2 days time, its not worth it anymore, if we meight got a wipe in 5 days.

Thats my opinion so far.

Hargut aka sexy beast

Btw, if u wipe, wipe now, dont waste time x(

Last edited: