What's new

Nick Fury Is the Latest Marvel Character to Join Fortnite

While it may not be Samuel L. Jackson (yet!), Marvel's Nick Fury has arrived in Fortnite as part of a S.H.I.E.L.D. Set in the game's Item Shop.

Announced by The Fortnite Team, Nick Fury - the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. - has sneaked onto Fortnite's Island to "root out Cube corruption."

Alongside the Nick Fury Outfit, fans will also be able to pick up other Marvel-themed items in the Item Shop, including the F.I.E.L.D. Pack Back Bling. The full list of items, with their official descriptions from Fortnite, are as follows;

• F.I.E.L.D. Pack Back Bling - Just the thing for Front-line Infiltration, Espionage, and Long-term Deployment.
  • Director's Scythe Pickaxe - Has sliced through many armored hulls.
  • First-Strike Infiltration Glider - Lets out a blue flame and emblazoned with S.H.I.E.L.D.’s logo.

Players have the option to purchase the Outfit (which comes with the Back Bling), Pickaxe, and Glider individually or as a complete set in the Nick Fury Bundle. Those who opt for the bundle will also unlock the Quinjets in Flight Loading Screen.

Fury arrives just as Fortnite's Chapter 2 is set to come to a close. This ending will see players facing off against The Cube Queen in a one-time-only in-game event called "The End."

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...