What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Players Are Obviously Obsessed With Update 2.1's Romantic Hangouts

CD Projekt Red has added romantic partner hangouts to Cyberpunk 2077 with Update 2.1 and players, obviously, are obsessed.

A scroll down Cyberpunk 2077's subreddit will reveal several celebrations of the new feature, which lets the player invite their romantic partner over to their apartment for a date featuring dancing, chilling on the sofa, and so on.

IGN's Cyberpunk 2077 Guide features a full explanation of how these quests can be initiated, with players able to invite Panam, Judy, River, or Kerry over to their apartment depending on who has been romanced throughout the course of the game.

"Just vibing with Panam," wrote latrickster2 on Reddit, alongside a screenshot of her lying on the couch with protagonist V. "I'm in awe of how lifelike Cyberpunk can look and feel at times," said inf0rmationist of the same scene. "This is also why the sequel should stay in first person mode."

A post from MasamuneJPEG, which has 4,700 upvotes on Reddit, shows a short scene which comes as a new addition to Cyberpunk 2077 following the romantic hangout quest. While V looks into the mirror with a partner in their apartment, there's a chance they'll approach the player from behind and slap them on the butt.

"I'm loving this update," wrote MasamuneJPEG. "Relationship goals," added Intelligent_Creme351 in the comments, joined by Fro55t who said: "That is the funniest s**t ever. I love it."

Cyberpunk 2077 are also sharing clips of dancing with their partners, laughing when the likes of Panam and Judy go particularly hard and other times when they seemingly cannot be bothered.

Update 2.1 adds a lot more than this, of course, as CD Projekt Red also brought the long-requested metro system, new motorbike mechanics, and much more. It even added the infamous sad Keanu Reeves meme.

The full patch notes were shared ahead of its release on December 5, the same day the Ultimate Edition of Cyberpunk 2077 was released. This will be the final big update in Cyberpunk 2077's long and troubled history, though comes after CD Projekt Red won back the love of its fans following the game's messy launch.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...