What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1 Includes a Devastating Reference to Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

CD Projekt Red are tugging at heartstrings again after including a devastating reference to hit anime Cyberpunk: Edgerunners in Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1.

Fans were very excited over the long requested romantic partner hangouts being added to Cyberpunk 2077 (and are obviously still obsessed with them), but CD Projekt Red targeted them right in the feels with the mission name connected to these meets.

As outlined in IGN's Cyberpunk 2077 Guide, which details how to trigger the romantic encounters and what they entail, beginning one will start a Main Job called "I Really Want to Stay At Your House". This is a reference to the song by Rosa Walton and Hallie Coggins, that's been in Cyberpunk 2077 from the start but greatly grew in popularity after the release of Cyberpunk: Edgeunners in September 2022.

While we won't spoil what happens in Cyberpunk: Edgeunners, the song appears at some particularly emotional moments.

I Really Want to Stay At Your House also appears as one of the songs players can dance to with their partners. "I realise it's the name of the gig but did they have to use that song," said ZawanShin87 on Reddit. "I couldn't even enjoy Judy's dancing because I was laughing and crying."

Another user, IGR777, shared a similar sentiment. "Nice name. Totally didn't bring back depressing memories," they said. "I have no reason to leave my apartment anymore," added Lord9witdafye in another post. "Done with all that merc s**t choom, gonna elope with Panam."

Update 2.1 adds a lot more than this, of course, as CD Projekt Red also brought the long-requested metro system, new motorbike mechanics, and much more. It even added the infamous sad Keanu Reeves meme.

The full patch notes were shared ahead of its release on December 5, the same day the Ultimate Edition of Cyberpunk 2077 was released. This will be the final big update in Cyberpunk 2077's long and troubled history, though comes after CD Projekt Red won back the love of its fans following the game's messy launch.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...