Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
maqzek said:
stop derailin de thred ok thx

anyway, bak on topix, firef0x much betr den chrom cuz customizbl 2 shit, it also much 0lder nd has hueg fanbas

ie9 has best hardwar aceleratin tho, so fagits dun go hatin on IE

bai

Your argument is Firefox is better because it's older?

...I don't even have to argue against that, by that argument IE is the best browser out there.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Your argument is Firefox is better because it's older?

...I don't even have to argue against that, by that argument IE is the best browser out there.

Pretty sure Netscape came before IE and doesn't afraid of anything.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Lol based on that logic we should all be getting WorldWideWeb again, and lol I was going to say netscape until I thought about Mosaic XD We still have a copy of that on our uni servers to show us how far we've come coding wise lol.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I've tried IE9, it's a great step in the right direction but it's still too clunky, and still loads pages far slower.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
I have to agree with the hentagonist, I use my browser to view web pages, not to check my email, rss feeds, the weather and the current location of my cat provided by a state of the art gps tracker.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I have to agree with the hentagonist, I use my browser to view web pages, not to check my email, rss feeds, the weather and the current location of my cat provided by a state of the art gps tracker.

About the same here, just add in the email bit, flash games, and youtube (when not bandwidth limited <.<)

I do recall with my Celeron D pc, before the change to satellite, using Firefox 2.0 and able to keep about... 12 tabs of YouTube videos open before it started lagging my PC xD

maqzek

Level 6
Mar 11, 2011
Credits
I've tried IE9, it's a great step in the right direction but it's still too clunky, and still loads pages far slower.

shit pc, IE9 is prety fast

so u liek ur webpages how ppl want it 2 lok instead of how ur comfortabl wid readin them? im sry, i liek my webpages widout ads, shit nd font i liek. i also liek 2 surf fast wid efficient design dat i can maek 2 fit my style

der is rly not many tings dat FF cant do

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Haven't tried IE9 yet, I do know this version of Windows 7 im using came with IE8... that never worked (Refused to run, process would start but nothing graphical would come up)

I am happy with Firefox 4. Yes, even with its bugs (Besides, I have Opera 10.63 as a backup if Firefox derps on something :p )

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Opera is indeed an excellent browser, I started using it for about a year when I was still in school, but ended up going back to Firefox and transitioning into Chrome.

What I loved about Opera was just the way it handled, and I think that's what drew me to Chrome as well.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
shit pc, IE9 is prety fast

so u liek ur webpages how ppl want it 2 lok instead of how ur comfortabl wid readin them? im sry, i liek my webpages widout ads, shit nd font i liek. i also liek 2 surf fast wid efficient design dat i can maek 2 fit my style

der is rly not many tings dat FF cant do

Your acting as if google chrome doesn't have adblock etc, what i'm saying is that my screen is taken up by the webpage, not by the browser. I should also mention that chrome has the best accessibility options for my level of vision.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
AdBlock doesn't work as well on Chrome because of the lack of a functioning OnLoad event, all ad blockers for Chrome use cheap tricks to hide it, not as effective as FF just removing it before downloading the resources..

maqzek

Level 6
Mar 11, 2011
Credits
Your acting as if google chrome doesn't have adblock etc, what i'm saying is that my screen is taken up by the webpage, not by the browser. I should also mention that chrome has the best accessibility options for my level of vision.

Chromes extension api is prety shite, lots of stuf dat i got usd on FF has either no equivalnt or works prety bad. liek, scrollin of tab list, lots of options for sidetabs, options just for general tab usag, dis prety basic stuf nd chrom bein at ver 11 nd addin usls spech 2 text nd html5 stuf but not critical stuf, maeks it prety bad browsr.

adblox nd noscript 4 chrom is prety shit, loks bad nd prob works as bad

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
"Adding useless HTML5 stuff but not critical stuff"

LOL a few silly customizable options is nowhere near as critical as the first large-scale HTML update in years.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
something that isn't supposed to be in a recommended state until 2014 as far as I know :p

It was just released for people to test (and try to break) not long ago.

Oh, and Firefox 4 does have HTML5 support.

Status
Not open for further replies.