What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
Think about it, you earn coins from killing. But if you die you don't only lose whatever you had on you, you lose coins as well. Then you have to pay to F Home afterwards? Thats 2 instances where coin was lost and 1 where items were lost all for just the CHANCE to earn some coin killing.

This is more or less what I was saying in game earlier. It's adding salt to the wound. You've already died, lost everything you owned, as well as a % of your money, now you have to pay to get back to your home.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Perhaps this could be worked into battle, to actually have a sort of attrition in a battle, as you can just /f home freely during a battle, you have infinite amounts of soldiers in a battle. due to materials just being passed about from death on the battlefield, and the massive stockades every faction should have. perhaps during raid night the cost on /f home can be used, to truly be a siege?

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
A quick summary of my opinion:

More events= Awesome

New map= Ok. Not very happy but it would be good to start again

Map boundaries= Win

Graveyards + spawn= Interesting. I have a feeling this will be good

Faction costs= Adaptable. Not too amused that I have to pay for land but I trust the Admins decided on this with good reason

Faction name change cost= This is ok

Faction set home cost= I don't support this fully because what happens if you accidentally set home in the wrong spot?

Home teleport cost= No. If you respawned at your home when you die, this would be fine. However, if you don't then when you die, you have already lost everything so you can't even afford to come home

Siege mode= Sounds very cool. I like this idea

Stargate removal= :( I like the Nether

Falsebook removal= :O Traps will be hard to make

New plugins= Looking forward to these :)

2 new rules= Finally! :D

The Verdict: I'm excited about Aggression 1.1. The high usage of coins worries me as money takes a fair amount of time to obtain. I feel that the server is too dependent on coins. I didn't mind most of the Faction costs except the "10 coins /f home" for obvious reasons.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Not sure if you guys can see the duplication in the main post, no idea how that's occurring.

Update -

Removed cost of /f home

Removed cost of /f sethome

I'm working on a better ranking system now (thanks Cub), although the majority of it will be coin based again. This is intended to reward those that play the server a lot and are dedicated. As well as injecting a money sink this will hopefully give you an aim on the server. I'll also be designing it so Mediators don't skip ranks and can therefore play along as normal. Thanks Tanj for the idea of allowing a rank create shops!

Additionally i'm still looking for ideas to tweak the 'Siege' idea, if you have any throw them at me, cheers.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Not sure if you know Permissions but I mean...

Normal Ladder;

Private:

Info:

Prefix: [Private]

Corporal:

Info:

Prefix: [Corporal]

Mediator Ladder;

MPrivate:

Info:

Prefix: [Mediator]

MCorporal:

Info:

Prefix: [Mediator]

So you'll just be added to a separate ladder so you don't skip ranks and obtain 'General' rank benefits.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
One suggestion. Do we know if any of these plugins will conflict? Make a test server, load all the plugins on there and get people on to see if it lags/crashes.

P.S. I know permissions, I was asking if you meant that Mediators get some donator perms.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
One suggestion. Do we know if any of these plugins will conflict? Make a test server, load all the plugins on there and get people on to see if it lags/crashes.

P.S. I know permissions, I was asking if you meant that Mediators get some donator perms.

No we don't, and we wont know until 1.8.

But it's ok. I know people!

And same as above, Mediators that have donated will get donator perms

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Stargate removal= :( I like the Nether

The Nether will not be removed. It will become even more important! :p

Various changes to the amount of coins that a mob will drop. The plan is to ensure that the Nether is the best place to farm coins but remove the ability to claim and teleport from there.

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
What about higher ranks getting overall discounts on all the faction costs?

Or (and I know this goes a bit into VIP land) what if Sargent and up get slightly more money from mob kills? When a normal infantry kills someone, its no big deal, but when the general of an army steps out onto the field to kill someone, usually there is a bit more fanfare.

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
I have one question. Why can't Privates allowed to use pistons? Traps will be hard to make without falsebook, and for all the new players, like privates, can't use pistons. Pistons were a big addition to the game when 1.7 came out. People joining the server would want to use pistons right? But they cant. People joining the server might want to make a faction. They cant. When they do make the faction, they do not have the essentials for making a faction. Voting for the server will take 5 days for those new players to make a faction. New players will leave the server thinking it is too much work for creating and maintaining a faction.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I need more ideas on what to award people who rank up.

For example; Pistons.. shops..

Help me :'(

Or (and I know this goes a bit into VIP land) what if Sargent and up get slightly more money from mob kills? When a normal infantry kills someone, its no big deal, but when the general of an army steps out onto the field to kill someone, usually there is a bit more fanfare.

So we have pistons, shops and maybe a a tad of a higher percentage on a mob kill? I'm not sure what else we could add. I want to have a fair advantage over other lower ranked players but I also don't want to be treated as an equally inexperienced player...

Maybe faster cool downs after a teleportation from Spawn? I know that after I teleport home and drop off some loot then try to go back to Spawn I'll have a 20-10 second cool down before I can. Maybe the higher you rank up the lower these cool downs are?

I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
@Rokku_Ryu As far as I know we can't set different prices for different ranks. And I don't really have an opinion on bounty multipliers so I won't comment on them.

@jeffrocks26 Pistons are limited because of their insane ability to screw everything up. Faction land protection ignores them, as does the safe zone at spawn. And they're one of the laggiest blocks in the game if placed in a manner that's designed to grief the server.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Rather than keep you in the dark while I figure something out i'll write it here I guess. I have thought about higher mob bounty for ranks but I think that would be paying coins.. to earn more coins? Sure an investment I guess. This is where i'm at.

[Pvt] - Standard joining rank

[Cpl] - Requires 24hour played time - Allows Pistons

[Sgt] - Requires 500 coins - Allows Use of Lava Buckets

[Lt] - Requires 1000 coins - Allows to build shops

[Capt] - Requires 1500 coins - The ability to repair armor and weapons

[Maj] - Requires 2000 coins -

[Col] - Requires 2500 coins -

[Gen] - Requires 3000 coins -

I've added Colonel to the mixer for starters as we were missing it.

I'm thinking if we're going to add a multiplier in there then it should be fairly earlier say.. Lt / Capt which would mean pushing one of the others back. Also I want your opinion on prices, I don't want them to be too cheap. Your looking at a total of 10,500 coins for a player to reach the maximum rank. Anyway.. FEEDBACK ME BRO!

Side note; due to people using lava buckets to grief factions etc, I've added them to this unlock list. Hopefully I can trust people who have given 24hours of their life as well as some coins they ground.

Side side note; It's probably going to be hard for you to judge the prices of it due to me not releasing the new mob coin drops, I guess i'll work on that now.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
[Pvt] - Standard joining rank

[Cpl] - Requires 24hour played time - Allows Pistons

[Sgt] - Requires 500 coins - Allows Use of Lava Buckets

[Lt] - Requires 1000 coins - Allows to build shops

[Capt] - Requires 1500 coins - The ability to repair armor and weapons

[Maj] - Requires 2000 coins -

[Col] - Requires 2500 coins -

[Gen] - Requires 3000 coins -

Does this mean we are purchasing ranks or at the time of "ranking up" we need to at least have a minimum of this amount in our banks?

PS. I LOVE the fact that the ability to repair armor is coming back<3 :)