What's new

Warcraft Movie Director Wants To Make a Full Throttle Film

Warcraft director Duncan Jones really wants to make a Full Throttle film.

The filmmaker, who also created the modern sci-fi classic, Moon, took to Twitter to remind Disney that he wants to adapt the iconic LucasArts point-and-click adventure game.

“If you could all tell [Disney] how much you’d love them to let me make Full Throttle for [Disney+], that would be adorable and I’d be very appreciative,” he said.

If you could all tell @DisneyStudios how much you’d love them to let me make Full Throttle for @Disney+, that would be adorable and I’d be very appreciative.💪🏼❤️👍🏼

— Duncan Jones (@ManMadeMoon) January 9, 2022

Full Throttle was originally released in 1995 and tells the story of Ben, the leader of a biker gang who gets caught up in an intriguing conspiracy of murder, mayhem, and motorbikes. It’s a classic of the point-and-click adventure genre, and for many gamers of a certain age, was an introduction to gaming.

A recent remake from Double Fine saw Full Throttle return to our screens in 2017 as Full Throttle: Remastered.

Of course, this isn’t the first time Jones has expressed interest in the property. Back last year, he penned a ‘fan script’ during a difficult period working on another project.

“I enjoy writing,” he said. “I also hate writing. Sometimes, when I can’t squeeze out the thing I want to write, I write something else. This has happened a lot during Covid.”

After spotting Full Throttle creator Tim Schafer post a link to a fan-made reimagining by Red Knuckles on Vimeo, Jones was inspired to get cracking on his own script.

“It blew my mind!” he said. “I LOVED that game. I mean, REALLY loved that game. So, the next time I had one of those freezes, I started writing this […] A fan script for the LucasArts classic, FULL THROTTLE. Enjoy.”

Jones made his full script available to read via dropbox, with the script adapting the adventure classic while using several iconic lines from the video game. An instant fan hit if you ask me.

Unfortunately, it looks as though Disney is yet to take Jones up on his offer.

But with the game offering a hugely cinematic experience, I can’t help wondering whether it’s only a matter of time before we see Full Throttle on the big screen.

As for other dream Duncan Jones projects, the director has also detailed what his Warcraft sequels would look like. There's no word from Legendary on if a sequel is possible, though.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...