Vulcan Game Project!

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
well since L44 isn't available in 1968

here is a list of weapons that will work ^_^ pick one?

M2/M3 90mm Cannon

M2A1 105mm Howitzer

M144 155mm Howitzer

:3

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
M2A1 is it :D

A good idea is to make my character able to be "aggressive" or "Passive" don't want him lobbing 105mm explosive shells every time a single enemy attacks.

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Why not? My character could make something that makes them free(like, infinite and free), and something that could hold a thousand in a 1 and a half cubical decimeter cube. Using IndustrialVulcan and BuildVulcan.

Or something.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Wasn't worried about the ammo. more worried about my character WTF-pwning EVERYTHING withing about.. 5 miles of the player. (Think Boone from New Vegas, for some he gets very annoying as they would like to fight :p)

Hence a toggle to make him aggressive (engages anything he sees) and passive (only attacks if an enemy gets into close range)

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I wonder if RGSS2 would let Jos do it...

BTW. Howitzers on close range? And just when I thought I could have very interesting conversations with M1, artillery on close range.

Well, the whole switching thing could be changed with his(and my) character only being introduced in a beyond the portal world, like I designed it. I would actually be glad to make the new characters, then all of us would get back to the 1974 US, in the beginning of the game. But you have all of your stuff, the money, infinite amount of save cards and us two. But, the new world has many Easter Eggs, which the player(and us two) should discover for bonus points. (And maybe a meeting with Tanja or something, including my idea of visiting a Soviet island. Also, wouldn't it be awesome to have voice acting, and actually get Tanja to record herself?)

I hope these are helpful, because I do not think the current version of Vulcan deserves the version of 1.7(should be like 0.7 or something).

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
You don't think Howitzers could be used in close range? brb as I tell the crews that have done this historically that they were stupid and wrong :p

Also version naming techniques are completely arbitrary. Jos could even go with 6.66 if re really wanted too.

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Another idea, Jos, make M1 and I beta testers for new versions with storyline, and name them Vulcan Bulldozer FX v[insert version number]

Also us two because I see us two as the most contributing members in ideas.

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Shit beta versions.

Maybe have this:

Alpha - Vulcan Bulldozer FX (I would get away from M1(and Jos) blowing errything up)

Beta - Vulcan i7 (me borkening stuff and complaining about brong grinding)

Release Candidate - VulcanCraft (we bork stuff even more to prove it's not worth the title)

Full Release - Vulcan (we silently get away to wait for Jos to release a new of any of the above)

M1, what think of beta tester?

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I honestly think it should be Jos's decision on what he calls his own game. :p

and why have dedicated beta testers..? The whole idea is moot due to the fact Jos puts his game in a public place for those to look at.