What's new

Suggestions For Aggression PVP

Do these sound like good suggestions?

• Total voters

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
  • Bring back the 1.7.3 Spawn. (It was really good for PVP and this new one is way too big and confusing for new players)

Understood that it may be confusing, though you need to explain your reasoning about it being too big and confusing.

• Revert the faction plugin to the old format. (It was a lot better and easier to use)

What old format do you mean? I believe the only thing different now is the power/land thing so only officers/leaders could access certain areas (Which is gonna be added anyway)

• Better Shops (Not player shops and the items are extremely expensive and it takes a long time to get a good amount of money. Should also add the option to sell items and buy some items like exp and such.)

Diamond is expensive to stop it from becoming worthless. There are many shops and you can sell to some of them, we don't want everything to be sellable as people will spend more time in their base farming things to sell, maybe we'll have PvP rewards that can be sold, anything to promote PvP.

• PVP Events/Arena(I don't have any specific ideas for this but i'm sure someone else has an idea of this.)

They'll happen.

• Warps (Warps to the player shop or another type of shop would be really good. Also something like /warp pvp to warp to a pvp arena.)

No, we have stargates for this, if they don't work we'll use another portal plugin. Players will be able to purchase personal stargates soon too.

• Actual way to level up to Cpl,Sgt and other ranks. (Something like get 10 kills for cpl or something else would be nice because then people could pvp and rank up at the same time.)

Noted for the ranks for PvP, but it won't work as you suggest, Cpl is a rank you recieve when you're a regular player on the server who's been good.

• Mob farms Legalized/Mob Arena.(I know this isn't a fair way to play necessarily but it makes xp alot easier to get for players and people like to PVP when they have good armor and swords to use.)

Mob farms are legalised. You just can't group them in huge groups or use anything to make them easily killable. The way players are allowed to farm lets people farm but also makes sure they don't spawn 1000s of entities like before.

• Less buildings outside spawn and flat land. (There's no problem with some buildings at spawn ex. Josrences tower. But there is way too many at spawn right now. Alot of them are useless and get in the way of pvping and just make it not fun. Flat land is good for alot of players to fight in open space and will most likely increase PVP.)

Defendable open buildings that everyone can use are much better than spawnbases that you cannot enter. You simply want flat land with a few buildings, I understand why but I don't believe removing a bunch of buildings would promote PvP. They get in the way of people easily running away into the wilderness for 5 minutes until you catch them. I do not agree, they're much better than spawnbases.

• 20 Minute spawn protection. ( This would help new players to get a chance to get out of spawn and build a base without being killed in 2 seconds. It would also have to be so that they can't damage anyone in those 20 minutes.)

Noted.

• PVPER of the week. (CommanderChedo gave me an idea of making the person with the most kills get a prize and have his name at the spawn on a statue ex. Giant Diamond Sword as PVPER of the week.)

Had some ideas before with this, noted.

• Saturday Special Day (Players lose less money when they die possibly or a special PVP event hosted on Saturdays. Also MadMockers could develop a plugin to help PVP instead of PVE.)

Weekly sceduled events sound cool, noted.

Jun 24, 2012
Credits
What if we could make XP farms, but it costs money. Also, if you put a trapdoor over lava where the mobs drop to, you can open it to kill off the entities and stop the lag when you're not using it. Then close it if you are using it. They should be allowed, just heavily taxed and regulated (like smoking in the USA).

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
What if we could make XP farms, but it costs money. Also, if you put a trapdoor over lava where the mobs drop to, you can open it to kill off the entities and stop the lag when you're not using it. Then close it if you are using it. They should be allowed, just heavily taxed and regulated (like smoking in the USA).

You can make XP farms, they just can't be automatic in anyway. (as wren as already said)

Jun 24, 2012
Credits
XP and money are impossible to get on this server though. The only possible way is to kill mobs. You can't sell without dropping at least 20k on a player shop that nobody is going to buy from anyways. you can't farm mobs without taking tons of damage. I say we need a shop that has fixed prices, that people can sell ANYTHING. We also need a real shop where players can buy ANYTHING. This includes the potions we can't normally get, mob eggs, circle stone, etc. Right now theres no way to get enough XP or money to do anything. In a good economy those factions with skills and resources should be able to make huge xp and money farms. I'm debating whether or not to play on a server that restricts it's players so much that it might actually be harming the pvp experience. I played on a server where tnt was enabled so you could make cannons to break into peoples' bases. There was a shop with XP pots and mob eggs to start a farm. There was the ability to set a home and teleport to other players. On aggression the rules restrict people so much nobody wants to fight. The boss factions with full diamond are overpowered, and the new factions with leather and iron are heavily restricted and its difficult for them to catch up. This was my experience starting. And WTF is with the ranks. SERIOUSLY give everyone access to the nether and redstone!!! If I wanted to greif I could just place obsidian everywhere in the wilderness. Restricting my use of fire and TNT won't stop me if I wanted to be a dick. Here's my rant about the server, and I'm sure buried agrees with me.
TL:DR: Easier XP and money, better shops, less restrictions on players.

Seanglendo

Level 14
Dec 9, 2011
Credits
More support is needed because at the moment I can see it only as a single players opinion not one voiced by many. I understand when you're coming from but it will make it too easy to get XP and everyone will be running around with prot 4 so how would new players get a chance to survive?

BuriedfoREVer

Level 23
Sep 12, 2011
Credits
I agree with colin about everything. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like the only people who have a say on what goes on the server are the people who don't even play on it. The players opinions are considered shit to admins and aren't even looked at twice. I think the people who play on the server should at least be able to vote for what they would like to see on the server as long as it was somewhat reasonable. Also sean the idea about 20 minute spawn protection could give players enough time to go make a base and get money and armor so they can defend themselves.

Seanglendo

Level 14
Dec 9, 2011
Credits
20 minute spawn protection against prot 4 when they are going to be wearing no Armour and the best sword they have is a stone one??? WTF lol 20 minutes is not enough against prot IV. Thats the most retarded thing I've ever heard. How is someone who has never played the server before going to get out of spawn get enough materials to build a base and how will they protect it against a faction who all have fire aspects and the best armor in the game and they have nothing. It doesn't seem fair to me. They'll be outnumbered and out geared and only 2 factions would get anyway with the XP idea thing and that's why it's a load of shit. If you want unbalanced PVP then go ahead it won't bring people to the server and keep them. The best Idea is getting rid of enchants and potions to make it fair... Then PVP will be purely based on skill instead of who has the best sword or best bow or the highest protection on their gear. I reckon that will keep the "noobs" that join server as they don't like things to be unbalanced.

Jun 24, 2012
Credits
20 minute spawn protection against prot 4 when they are going to be wearing no Armour and the best sword they have is a stone one??? WTF lol 20 minutes is not enough against prot IV. Thats the most retarded thing I've ever heard. How is someone who has never played the server before going to get out of spawn get enough materials to build a base and how will they protect it against a faction who all have fire aspects and the best armor in the game and they have nothing. It doesn't seem fair to me. They'll be outnumbered and out geared and only 2 factions would get anyway with the XP idea thing and that's why it's a load of shit. If you want unbalanced PVP then go ahead it won't bring people to the server and keep them. The best Idea is getting rid of enchants and potions to make it fair... Then PVP will be purely based on skill instead of who has the best sword or best bow or the highest protection on their gear. I reckon that will keep the "noobs" that join server as they don't like things to be unbalanced.
20 minutes spawn protection lets noobs get started on a base and claim territory. Once they get a secure base nobody can get in anyways... The no enchants and potions idea is quite good though. Except I suck at PvP even if I have harming IIs and FA swords.

Seanglendo

Level 14
Dec 9, 2011
Credits
20 minutes spawn protection lets noobs get started on a base and claim territory. Once they get a secure base nobody can get in anyways... The no enchants and potions idea is quite good though. Except I suck at PvP even if I have harming IIs and FA swords.
No I disagree. 20 minutes by the time you've got out of spawn thats like 2-3 mins gone unless you give the players a few stacks of wood or cobble then they will still die. Also they have to come out the base at some stage for their faction to progress and you're telling me you can't wait 20 mins for that protection to come off and kill them.. Also the people who don't know how to claim land or anything about factions 20 minutes later they are dead and rage quit the server. They need like a day of protection... Unless they start off with material that can build a house and maybe a set of iron or diamond this may increase PVP as people don't have to work for their gear they just have it and will be more willing to PVP with it.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I would disagree on 20 minute spawn protection, but maybe noobs get full equipment for 20-30 minutes to get themselves set up (Iron Armor, Weapons, Tools?) but that may be abused :S

BuriedfoREVer

Level 23
Sep 12, 2011
Credits
That's not that bad of an idea but enchants are fun at times. Potions are shit though and ruin pvp they should be removed(at least the instant damage/poison ones). It would take a very long time for a whole faction to get prot IV even with xp farm.

Seanglendo

Level 14
Dec 9, 2011
Credits
That's not that bad of an idea but enchants are fun at times. Potions are shit though and ruin pvp they should be removed(at least the instant damage/poison ones). It would take a very long time for a whole faction to get prot IV even with xp farm.
Yea but you just afk at spawner come back and then kill them you're level 40... XP farms OP

BuriedfoREVer

Level 23
Sep 12, 2011
Credits
Yea but you just afk at spawner come back and then kill them you're level 40... XP farms OP
Well a good idea is still needed for helping new players get situated and make a base. 20 minutes probably isn't enough. Maybe an hour protection with a warp at spawn near the wilderness and a starter kit with building materials.

Seanglendo

Level 14
Dec 9, 2011
Credits
What they need is a starter kit with building materials a set of iron and maybe some ingots and sticks etc then they have a hour protection and theres a warp at spawn that they go to and it can take them anywhere in the world thats wilderness so it could just take you outside spawn or 20k blocks out... It's different every time this will stop them getting killed as soon as they come out because the chances of them warping next to a base is low and also they can still run for a bit as well if they want.

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I like the fact that you're all saying give them items to begin with... then 9 out of 10 new players go and fall in the lava around spawn.