What's new

Starfield Player Digitally Creates 6,000 Piece LEGO Map of New Atlantis City

A dedicated Starfield player has built a digital LEGO model of New Atlantis from 6,000 individual pieces, with some social media users joking that they might use the reconstruction to help navigate the city in the absence of an actual mini-map.

“I just couldn't help myself and instead of playing Starfield, I immediately ended up rebricking New Atlantis Roughly 50 hours and 6k pieces later, this is the result,” reads a post from Taris120_Builds, displaying his creation.

The miniature architect used the digital LEGO-building program Bricklink Studio to capture the distinctive sloping design of the MAST building, while also getting the locations of key buildings such as the Pioneer and Orion Towers, and even the New Atlantis transit system correct.

I just couldn't help myself and instead of playing Starfield, I immediately ended up rebricking New Atlantis😅

Roughly 50 hours and 6k pieces later, this is the result...#Starfield pic.twitter.com/rVDPtTgBIO

— Taris120_Builds (@taris120_builds) September 6, 2023

Despite the grand scale of the subject, Taris120_Builds was also able to zero in on the inclusion of specific details, such as the location of greenery, the elevation of the star port, and the number of landing pads. Sadly, it looks like the Constellation Lodge sits just beyond the boundaries of the LEGO reconstruction.

The lack of an exploration minimap has been a bone of contention among some Starfield players who have grown accustomed to the quality of life feature. Naturally, the appearance of the digital block map represented a perfect opportunity for Redditors to poke fun at what they viewed as Bethesda’s glaring design omission.

“The long awaited New Atlantis map. Now I finally get how it works.” said Chemicalroyal5909 in the comments of a Reddit post featuring the reconstruction. “Better than any map THEY gave us…,” wrote Bored_guy_in_DC, while jscne21 added their voice to the chorus of discontent, saying “finally a decent map”.

Others were quick to show their appreciation for the build, with user Lizard1995 saying: “You deserve class 1 citizenship rank for this.” ShikariV, meanwhile, said: “Amazing, I would empty my wallet if this was a real set."

Prior to the space RPG's launch, Todd Howard revealed New Atlantis was the largest city Bethesda had ever created. “This is the most complete view of New Atlantis I’ve ever seen, I didn’t realise the spaceport was at a different level than the rest of the city,” said Reddit user fitty50two2. “This puts it all in perspective.”

Be sure to check out IGN’s interactive maps of New Atlantis, Akila City, Neon, and others to get the most out of your time with Starfield.

Anthony is a freelance contributor covering science and video gaming news for IGN. He has over eight years experience of covering breaking developments in multiple scientific fields and absolutely no time for your shenanigans. Follow him on Twitter @BeardConGamer

Continue reading...