What's new

Rails

Master

Level 0
Oct 11, 2011
Credits
Ok so why?!?!? i just joined here and i dont know anything at all but there was this Kick butt awesome

Railway system and then i logged off for an hour or two and i got back and it was gone WTF!!!!

that was awesome and yall screwed it?!?! Why?!?!? Im just wanting to know if they will be put back in?

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Woah there. You come to our server, knowing none of the history or background, and just start yelling?

The staff team here have EXTREMELY good reason for everything we do. I suggest instead of immediately going off, you poke around a bit. Look at what has been going on, read announcements, follow twitter.

Everything is documented and has extremely good reasoning. Don't come here and expect to yell at me, because you I don't like that shit.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
They were removed due to:

1)sheer amount of asshattery and exploits were involved with the rail system.

2)Just by removing the rails we were able to get rid of about three plugins required to make it work which helps lower server lag.

3)We have plans to replace it with a system that should promote more PvP, and hopefully use coins for a safe 'toll road'

Master

Level 0
Oct 11, 2011
Credits
srry for "yelling" but i finally find a sweet PVP server and a awesome railway system and then it gets removed.

(i mean, from my point of view that just sucks)

Killgannon117

Level 17
Sep 24, 2011
Credits
If it is supposed to reduce lag why are chunks not being rendered? Or is this being caused by some other problem? I've never had problems with chunks before.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Echo put on another plugin that's supposed to send chunk data for the chunks closest to you first, and work outward, which means that it has to gather the data and send it in the right order, rather than any damn order it pleases. This may cause some lag because he may still have to fiddle with the plugin a bit, seeing as he could configure how much chunk data the server sends to you at a time.

(Not sure about any of that, but that's the gist of what I got from his description.)