What's new

Permanent Siege

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Ok I know that this will get flamed and I will get murdered for this, but I want to voice an idea.

As you all know, PvP right now has gone down to around 10% pvp a day. Well im suggesting permanent siege. Already for saying this 9 in every 10 people will be already typing 'MARK YOUR AN IDIOT, YOU JUST WANT RMM TO OWN.' Well that is definitely not my idea.

Now permanet siege to me means that allowing anyone who is an enemy or neutral to open any wooden door. No door in anybase will be allowed to dirt a door, or have an iron door into the base and into the chest room (Or no iron doors at all) This means that pvp will become enhanced and more people will fight.

Now why I suggested permanent siege is because no one pvp's anymore. Whether its the food/hunger or everyone is mining, this will enhance pvp way more. Now about the topic big factions all ganging up on the small factions. As I am in RMM, I know that our big faction is quite intimidating, however you guys can always come raid us if one of us are on. PvP will be further enhanced, and raiding/PvP/game time will become fun-ner then it is now. I speak for some factions; it is very annoying when you go to someones base, only to find them with alot of power. This means you can just walk up to them with your team mates or allies and raid. Aggression PvP will live up to its name, and the server shall become more enjoyable.

So thank you for reading this, and I hope that the admins will consider/approve/change a bit, and that pvp will become well again.

Mark

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
A permanent siege will just lead to A-holes raiding offline factions and other asshattery.

But the player base controls the PVP environment even more than we can! So perhaps a faction needs to fire up the banter machine and maybe try to do a 'fighter sweep' across the map and kill as many people as they can. Provoking more PVP and rivalries and such.

Oh and PvP is happening with 1427 kills since the server was last restarted. :p

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Really? lol when im on there is no pvp. And maybe only if the faction is on? And if someone does log off when someone is raiding, after they log out there can be a five minute period where siege is still activated in that faction.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Im still not sure, as it still forces factions to defend their bases from the sneaky aholes, and not from the massed faction raids we all would think would happen. so it leads to less people in the field for battles.

I would rather see about making PVP more appealing by finding ways to make winning in PVP more rewarding. Perhaps a money reward for the faction with most PVP kills every week or something.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Its alright, suggestions like this make everyone think. which leads to ideas and sometimes an idea works :p

A proposal Ive been thinking on. is a War system.

basically a /War command, allowing a faction to offer to start a war with another faction. both factions have to put a base on the line, and when both factions are online all faction protections is turned off for those in the war. the winner's gain the defeated faction's base (or the remains if there is an M1 minded person is involved) and related land (and the power to keep it), and perhaps a percentage of the total defeated factions wealth. Defeated people loose that land, and some money, but their power is not affected so they can go off and create another base.

I was thinking this would be the only way for a faction to gain land freely, and the only way to gain power over 100. promoting wars for expansion ^_^

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Its a good idea, but some factions may be reluctant to fight bigger factions.

This could promote faction merging. This would help create larger battles, more organised game play and hopefully some increased trust due to necessity in the community. Larger factions = more defined alliance lines/more meta game and possible major clan creation.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
It's not a good idea because you 'offer' war, RMM wouldn't ever get to war with anyone due to no one being stupid enough, that's just another numbers wins strategy. Also you could create another faction and use that for the war, with no land to lose etc. If you want PvP I suggest you wait until I get the nether area open. I hope to have this set up soon on a scale of 1:10. Four portals, one in each of the end stations and possibly one at spawn when Graveyards are installed properly. Hardcore PvP rules apply to this area, but the farming rewards will be greater than the surface.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Well the war idea, I would like to see factions be able to ally in a war too, so its not just a two faction war. this will allow the smaller factions that dislike the RMM, to join forces in a war to have a better chance. the centralized TS server helps now too.

Also I thought we had the rule that factions must pay their tax and have a thread, or else they are disbanded, and it would also fall under 'abuse of plugins' to create a faction to get around the risk of wars.

But an idea of expansion not just being based on money and claiming land, but starting wars over who owns what land as well. It would add more chances for PvP, and if a faction doesn't wish to be in wars, well the entire thing is optional. This idea of mine is to just promote more PvP, like your nether area :D