What's new

New ideas for buildings.

Ten_Tacles

Level 42
Jul 5, 2010
Credits
You mean like Venice? It's extremely hard to do :p I even tried basing one off Assassin's creed and I epic failed. Then again Ten seems to be a better builder than me so who knows?

I am a good builder, but I can't plan FOR SHIT!

That is why I am building so many Tacle Spires, I don't plan them, just build them :D

Fulgrum

Level 0
Mar 24, 2011
Credits
you could try building a flaoting sphere. i build one the other week. epicly hard. but i have the plans to build a 16 brick across one now, total of just over 3000 cobblestone bricks used to make it solid. and sat 10 bricks above a lake.

pitty it was in local game and nothing i can show off here :( was epic but.

on another note. i have been playing with the idea of a small scale Gungun (from the first starwars movie) city. i think that would look epic too. just some ideas

Josrence

Level 44
Jul 23, 2010
Credits
I think it would be cool to make a pretend RTS game, where you require buildings to craft certain things or store items. You'd start out with around 5 troops, have them gather wood and dirt. Build a small dirt-walled structure and put a crafting table inside. Manufacture wooden pickaxe. Assign miner. Return and renovate tools workshop into stone, and manufacture stone tools. And so on. Eventually walls could be built, stuff like that.

tl;dr - Play command and conquer in minecraft.

Josrence

Level 44
Jul 23, 2010
Credits
:D Glad you guys like the idea. I would, of course, make a custom texture pack and stuff (different colored blocks for different sides of the combat). It would definitely be kind of neat to have two people float and issue orders for sure.

Only problem is that in order to make things as fair as possible, we would have to determine how to build each base structure before we play the game lol. Otherwise we would have bases made out of obsidian, or workshops would be small fortresses :/

Edit - It would also help the players on either side recognize what they are attacking lol.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits

That one word made me rage for a multitude of reasons, First Gungan, Second I hate them! If the Gungans could hold their own in a fight, Naboo would never needed help from any Jedi! If Naboo never needed help, Anakin would have never met Padme. This means Anakin wouldn't have fallen in love with Padme and joined the dark side to try and save her!