Credits
Z

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
"CatsMutatedToHumanThings"

"IJackRacoonsOff"

Those are the best two out of my suggestions. But here are the rest.

Like officer, "TheCraftNetwork"

I like "The Jelly Jar"

Maybe "NowlOfBoodles"

Or "NupOfCoodles"

or "MyNameIsNateHiggers"

-----

OK SERIOUS ONES NOW

"Transcend Gaming"

"LeetGaming"

"TheNetwork"

"StretchedOutPinkHole"

"DevGaming"

"Teh Game Train"

"Oh The Huge Manatee"

I wasn't focused at all lol. I was posting funny thoughts

Tutrie

Level 21
Jul 11, 2011
Credits
I actually like the one Transcend Gaming. It has the best catch to it out of all of the ones I have heard so far. I also like Allied Gaming Network(AGN) but think that turns away certain audiences.

This is my spiel about finding a name that will be marketable and represent what Bowl of Noodles is about.

Whatever your name may be it is best to find someone already on BoN who has a good understanding of marketing and what a consumer would like to see. The best way to get that information on your own would be to do a survey by asking your members. (What you are doing here.) To expand this survey from just your current consumers and move onto potential consumers pick the top voted names by your current consumers and make survey on minecraftforums.net with the top voted names. Then just bump the thread a lot (post it in a high traffic area like Beta Survival Servers) and watch the results come in. Of course this doesn't have to be the final name and process can be repeated over and over again.

L

LuciferZ

Allied Gaming Network has got a very nice ring to it, and while it isn't particularly original or creative, it is memorable, simple, and pretty much sums up the site. It is a network of gamers allied together? Maybe Allied Gamer Network, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.

And the Jelly Jar should be used for SOMETHING, but yeah it would not be at all suitable for the entire site if you want to be taken seriously.

Apr 5, 2011
Credits
I actually like the one Transcend Gaming. It has the best catch to it out of all of the ones I have heard so far. I also like Allied Gaming Network(AGN) but think that turns away certain audiences.

What does Transcend Gaming mean? Also, what audiences would be turned off by Allied Gaming Network?

To expand this survey from just your current consumers and move onto potential consumers pick the top voted names by your current consumers and make survey on minecraftforums.net with the top voted names.

Asking potential consumers is fine when you're looking for a product name, but not for a company name. That needs to be established before you interact with the public. In my opinion, it would very negatively impact our image if we went on a public, "name-our-company/service" drive. A consumer wants to consume, not build a company.

Then just bump the thread a lot (post it in a high traffic area like Beta Survival Servers)

That would classify as spam, since it is irrelevant to the section topic.

Tutrie

Level 21
Jul 11, 2011
Credits
I never said it means anything only that it was catchy.

I am partially turned away by the name Allied Gaming Network for starters. If you would like to say well that is only you then you can stop right there because if one person thinks it then there has to be others.

I see no problem in asking the community what they think a good name for BoN would be. Even though it is your opinion, never ignore the public input, it is almost always beneficial.

It would not classify as spam if you added information that this is a hosting service and link the following servers which apply to BoN. Then that way servers hosted by BoN would have a place to give any potential customer of a BoN something to preview what BoN is. Or to play it by the book and not bend the rules just post in the section for hosting needs but it would still probably slip if you followed the criteria of posting links to places that fit into the category of Beta Survival and then links for others, such as clans.

In conclusion this is my overall reaction to your reply:

[attachment=669:ac29d0e52cf5ba89288318b17480b09c.gif]

(and just for M1s sake. Stop ankle humping.)

Attachments

• ac29d0e52cf5ba89288318b17480b09c.gif
    ac29d0e52cf5ba89288318b17480b09c.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 39
L

LuciferZ

This public display of not giving any fucks at all seems over the top. Reverendgeneral's points make as much sense as yours. Transcend Gaming does sound nice, but doesn't seem to have any special meaning. That isn't a necessary thing, but the best brands have it. Look at UHAUL. It tells you everything about the company.

And while asking for public preference is ideally a great way to choose a name, it actual application it doesn't do much. It detracts a lot from the professional image. I remember clans starting up where they had a "name it once we have members to vote on a name!" strategy and they looked like jokes. I get the feeling that Noodle is looking for a professional brand even if the actual community here is less than srs bsns. Looking disorganized and indecisive about something as fundamental as a name isn't putting your best face forward.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
True, not sure if noodle is looking for a new name just for professionalism, but to get away from the name of the network being centered around him.

I suggest Allied Gaming Network as we are just really a group of people who play games and aren't too srs bsns. And it sounds cool.

but some people don't seem to like Allied so I suggest Axis Gaming Network as it basically means the same, but a bit more evil :D

Apr 5, 2011
Credits
First: Tut hates me, so that explains his post.

Second: No one answered the question of why Allied Gaming Network is offensive. If you are trying to say that it references WWII, you are a tool that is desperate to be offended. This isn't 1945. Either way, a quick change to the neighboring "Alliance" fixes that problem.

Try posting in the Survival Server forums. I promise it classifies as spam. A pile of poo by any other name still smells like poo.

Tutrie

Level 21
Jul 11, 2011
Credits
I know what you mean about those clans that look stupid when they say NEW CLAN!! (need name) and within a week they are gone. I guess the focus should be more on the current audience because we are in BoN already, not like we are going anywhere. It was just an idea anyway so it doesn't really matter if it is used or not. :p It was an idea and that is all.

What if it was The Gaming Network? Instead of being "allied" we are just "The Gaming Network" or "Gaming Network." Whenever I think of allied I think of this: link.

I am not super against it though, I would not really care at all if it was called Allied Gaming Network, part of me does like the idea of that name. What other name ideas do people have? It would be interesting to see some more.

I have seen some crazy stuff make it by in places where it doesn't belong, that's all I am saying. :p

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
y dunt we du somtin lik "we r tigers"?

dat sounds gud and i think ppl wud lik tht

And Allied Gaming Network? It makes us sound like loser try-hards. We are casual gamers, not people who thrive to be the best. Although with all this pointless fighting it does seem to make us looks like internet try-hard tough guys.

We should do something simple,

Like "DailyGaming"

Or "ChanceGaming"

Just something real simple yet catchy. All of this "AGN, Allied Gaming Network" Makes us sound snobby and such, at least to me it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.