What's new

Name change

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LuciferZ

Hall of Echoes makes me think of an idea

Go crack open dwarf fortress and use the Fortress Name/Group Name randomizer until a random assortment of words sounds baller.

jjgang

Level 10
Apr 6, 2011
Credits
well what do you want BoN to reperesent with the new name. For example the current name "Bowl of Noodles" does not represent the site such that there are no bowls and no noodles (other than you, In which case the title should be Bowl of Noodle). Would you want the new name to be representative of the site, or just a catchy name

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Well seeing as the two premiere clans on here are the RMM and Fusion, Why not Royal Fusion Gaming? Have to admit it doesn't sound half bad.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Royal Fusion Gaming.. RFG.. nice ring to it.. also could use RFG for 'Real Fucking Gaming'

But I prefer BoN, its unique for a gaming site :p

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Poor charles trys over and over and over again but he can never get it right, so now your on version 3

its better then being charles V28

I'd point out just how many times the RMM was completley over-hauled, but I don't wan to de-rail this thread.

--

You'd think this is a stupid name, but sadly names of this type have been created; and worked already. "Noodle Plays: game name". A perfect example of a group that's doing it at the moment, and succeeding is AG:play , AG:MC and other sorts of sub-names they own for their endeavors. They had another name-change thread and were suggesting things like "ASP:MC (Aperture Science Plays)", but yeah, that's kind of sad I think.

Name Suggestion:

NP:gamename

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Becuase Noodle wants a srs bsns name. But honestly while playing games like Halo: CE, I've seen names like The #1 Dedicated Mama Luigi server!

jjgang

Level 10
Apr 6, 2011
Credits
Well seeing as the two premiere clans on here are the RMM and Fusion, Why not Royal Fusion Gaming? Have to admit it doesn't sound half bad.

I would agree with this but i feel this would be less encouraging towards the adding of new groups to the forum family. One might see that Royal Fusion Gaming is the title and feel that their clan should not join this forum because they may feel less important than what already exists here.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Maybe something like this to maybe give the feeling BoN Hosts and is accepting of new groups to use its services.

Allied Gaming Network

Alliance Gaming and Hosting

Coalition Gaming

Maybe we can keep it as BoN, and Noodle changes his name? *grin*

Player-2

Level 36
Dec 14, 2010
Credits
well what do you want BoN to reperesent with the new name. For example the current name "Bowl of Noodles" does not represent the site such that there are no bowls and no noodles (other than you, In which case the title should be Bowl of Noodle). Would you want the new name to be representative of the site, or just a catchy name

Well the name does represent the site

the bowl is the website we are all apart of

the noodles being the community and everyone hanging out together, mixed together between clans, all in one "bowl"(site)

Also
Hall of Echoes

the abbreviation would be HoE

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
AGM is used though, so you wouldn't be able to use the acronym :/ That's problematic. Especially since (as my previous post stated), a group called AG:play has a sub-division named AG:MC with over fifty-thousand members.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
AGM is used though

Last time I checked, Network started with an N

so it would be AGN

Edit: and with a Google search, I can't find anything else important using the acronym AGN

other than:

active galactic nucleus (AGN): is a compact region at the centre of a galaxy that has a much higher than normal luminosity

AGN Virtual Network Adapter

Tutrie

Level 21
Jul 11, 2011
Credits
Last time I checked, Network started with an N

so it would be AGN

Edit: and with a Google search, I can't find anything else important using the acronym AGN

other than:

active galactic nucleus (AGN): is a compact region at the centre of a galaxy that has a much higher than normal luminosity

AGN Virtual Network Adapter

I don't know if I did this right but doesn't seem like there is any trademark for it in the US

Click Here.

(Not saying I vote for it yet still not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.