What's new

MultiVersus Fans Have One Question: Who the Heck Is Reindog?

After weeks of leaks and rumors, Warner Bros. finally revealed MultiVersus, a Smash Bros.-like fighting game featuring characters from Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, DC Comics, and more. While the roster is mostly full of recognizable characters like Shaggy and Superman, one inclusion has everyone asking: who the heck is Reindog?

Reindog is a green and white reindeer who is an original character for MultiVersus. He's the only member of the game's lineup that's not from any recognizable property, which has caused some confusion on social media. Reindog's official description on the MultiVersus website says he's 165 years old and his actual name is unpronounceable.

It goes on to say Reindog is the last survivor from the world of Zanifeer, and that he's a long-lived protector of the Zanifeer royal family. Now, he gets to clash with Shaggy, Arya Stark, and Superman, and the reactions are mixed.

Many people online were bewildered at an original character's inclusion among a roster of all-stars.

Lol, absolutely nobody is gonna play as Reindog. https://t.co/kcro3HpOVo

— JeffMovieMan #SaveNimona (@JeffMovieMan) November 18, 2021

Wtf is Reindog? https://t.co/WFLQ2HnmD2

— Yeenie (@Yeenie_Mcbeenie) November 18, 2021

So my question is with #multiverses WTF is a Reindog?

— Monk (Commissions Open) (@An_Angry_Monk) November 18, 2021
Who the heck is Reindog though #Multiversus pic.twitter.com/G4jrUU85gp

— ℝobℙlayin𝔾ames (@RobPlayinGames) November 18, 2021

Some fans still don't know much about Reindog, but can't wait to learn more when the game comes out.

I have know Reindog for all of 5 seconds but I will fight for them pic.twitter.com/izGoKnPe0m

— Civo | CMSM Charity November 27th and 28th (@CivoBtw) November 18, 2021

wow I want to know so much more about Reindog https://t.co/9RGbtkAB3P

— David Shimomura (@UnwinnableDavid) November 18, 2021

I would lay down my life for Reindog pic.twitter.com/c9q1T7dphh

— Chloe (@dennysghost) November 18, 2021

And, Reindog reminded some of the "Ollie the Friggin' Reindog" video that went viral last holiday season.

broke: who is reindog?
woke: pic.twitter.com/lfD8st3QZv

— DaThings (@DaThings) November 18, 2021

MultiVersus is coming next year to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC via Steam. It's a free-to-play game that will be supported by in-game purchases. The game's first trailer also shows what looks like a battle pass system, but there aren't any details yet on how it will work.

Fans were also surprised to see Arya Stark from Game of Thrones joining the battle, while others were excited to see Kevin Conroy voicing Batman and Matthew Lillard from the live-action Scooby-Doo movies who reprises his role as Shaggy.

MultiVersus is the next big crossover fighting game, coming after this year's Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, which received a nomination for the best fighting game at The Game Awards.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN. You can find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...