What's new

Multiversus Fans Frustrated by No Refunds as Open Beta Prepares to Go Dark

Player First Games, the developers behind Multiversus, confirmed that players who spent money on the game throughout the open beta will not get a refund. The news comes from the official Multiversus website under the FAQ page.

Under the question "Will refunds be available for previously purchased content?," it reads, "This announcement does not change any current refund policies or terms offered by the storefront(s) from which Founder's Packs or Gleamium bundles were purchased. For more information, please visit the customer support pages for PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Epic Games. Additionally, refunds are not available as a result of the Open Beta closure. However, all progress and previously earned or purchased content will carry over when MultiVersus returns in early 2024."

Fans have been quick to express their opinion on the matter. One post on the Multiversus subreddit declares "I want my money back," while others took to Twitter to call out the move.

This may well be one of the most stupid decisions I've ever heard.

Closing your dwindling game for >1 year with zero warning to those who have spent actual money on it being unable to play, and presumably charging them again at full release. The gall! I'd be refunding it all.

— Ryan T. Brown 🔜 #WASD #OLL 🎮 (@Toadsanime) March 27, 2023

Earlier today, it was announced that Multiversus would shut down its online features on June 25 and will aim to launch the full game by early 2024. Tony Huynh, co-founder and game director at Player First Games, said, "Our Open Beta has been an important learning opportunity for us and a stepping stone to the next phase of MultiVersus."

For more on Multiversus, check out our 8/10 review, which reads, "MultiVersus is a raucous and fun competitive platform fighter that rewards players for learning the strengths and weaknesses of its eclectic cast of characters and working as part of a team."

Luis Joshua Gutierrez is a freelance writer who loves games. You can reach him at @ImLuisGutierrez on Twitter.

Continue reading...