What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Fan Unearths Animations for Omni-Man's Bizarre Moustache Brutality

An intrepid Mortal Kombat 1 fan has revealed what looks like a discarded Brutality that sees DLC character Omni-Man kill his opponent with his moustache.

Mortal Kombat modder and reverse engineer thethiny revealed evidence of an Omni-Man moustache Brutality last month, but without an input command, the community couldn’t work out how to trigger it in-game.

Now, Mortal Kombat dataminer Interloko has revealed animations for this moustache Brutality, which is certainly one of the more bizarre moves found within Mortal Kombat 1 so far.

Here's the first look at Omni-Man's Mustache Brutality found by @thethiny
Secret? Not used? Discarded?
In this video I show the animations and give my opinion about it with the information I was able to obtainhttps://t.co/6Y4qhMmPzi

— Interloko (@interloko) December 5, 2023

In Interloko’s video we see animations for Omni-Man pushing his opponent away before ripping off his moustache, which flies through the air to attack and kill. We also see animations for Omni-Man’s hapless victim as they succumb to the moustache attack. And we even see an animation for the moustache moving in the air.

Interestingly, it seems this Brutality depends upon another unused special move: one that kills your Kameo character. Currently, this isn’t possible in Mortal Kombat 1. But thethiny found reference to an Omni-Man move that would do exactly that, and Interloko found unused animations for it. The animations show Omni-Man grabbing his Kameo, holding them in front of him, and using them as a human shield to absorb attacks. Animations were also found for Omni-Man discarding his Kameo, throwing them forwards or backwards. Omni-Man is then unable to call in his Kameo.

Is this another discarded idea from NetherRealm, or something coming in a future update? Similarly, fans are now wondering whether the moustache Brutality is something that will eventually hit Mortal Kombat 1, or if it is discarded content.

There are a number of secret Brutalities in Mortal Kombat 1, which the community has enjoyed discovering in the months following the game’s launch (head over to IGN’s Mortal Kombat 1 how to do hidden brutalities guide for more). This Omni-Man moustache Brutality, however, looks more like a cancelled move than something players can trigger in the game.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...