What's new

Minecraft v1.2 update

MadMockers

Level 16
Nov 25, 2011
Credits
So as you may be aware, the 1.2 update may be coming out soon (www.mojang.com to view the latest snapshots).

1.2 will be bringing a change in map generation in the form of a jungle biome, and possibly more.

Although there is no definite date on the 1.2 release, we would like to know if you would like a map reset for the 1.2 update.

I personally feel this current map isn't very fun, but what would I know.. I don't play!

Eitherway, post suggestions that you would like should the map reset (even if you are against it).

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
1st, have to get this out of the way. MAP RESET?

2nd. I don't think map resets are really needed this often, maybe do it in the style of [CERTAIN SERVER YOU HATE ME FOR PLAYING ON] and just expand the borders? That would only work if you could run it, though.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Obviously, it would be better if we reset, so that we could have jungle biomes (or at least, jungle biomes close to the spawn).

Kotic

Level 7
Nov 29, 2011
Credits
No, building bases gets boring. Reset every couple of patches. I like to spend more time pvping than buildings starting buildings every month:confused:

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Voted yes, however maybe maintain player inventories if possible, besides, I want to see some of our builders create a creative spawn to promote more PvP. Also to tweak spawn base rules.

Also stats have always shown that when people are setting up their bases, more PvP happens. :p

GoMLv

Level 8
Jul 29, 2011
Credits
Voted yes, however maybe maintain player inventories if possible, besides, I want to see some of our builders create a creative spawn to promote more PvP. Also to tweak spawn base rules.

Also stats have always shown that when people are setting up their bases, more PvP happens. :p

i like the idea of keeping our inventories, maybe if theres a map reset give us like.. a 10 hour heads up to get our shit in our inventories and 30mins before the reset send a broadcast that theres only 30 mins left.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Voted no, if admins were kind enough to take the time to save bases and items, then yes. Its tons of work, but it'd be awesome to have all the new ideas implemented, and see them tested within hours.

MadMockers

Level 16
Nov 25, 2011
Credits

Which reminds me, now that we have multiverse, I can work on a new spawn. Yay!