What's new

Minecraft: Events Server

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
Link: events.bowlofnoodles.net:25569

What is the events server?

It's here for your entertainment! From spleefing and pvp arenas to challenge and competitive maps many can enjoy some time hanging out.

Would you like to have a contest on a map?

Just schedule a time and I'll set the map up and make a teleporter. It will have a password/pin on it so only your group and anyone else you invite can play on it.

What types of maps exist?

One is Race for Wool.

Two teams face off in their own lanes and attempt to obtain wool from specific chests before their opponents do. Pfft easy right? Not until you've tried running across a bridge with arrows buzzing past your head and tnt cannons going off.

Code:
Perhaps a video would be better to explain it, this is the Vechs first RFW map:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MUg0Kpn7Ek[/url]

Second map with pre-made tnt cannons:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cyS8Vbj0_Q[/url]

There are more RFW maps, and many other types as well.

There is also a creative world for people that visit often to build things that could be used on the server, an example is elphoop's parkour courses. Others have made their own pvp arena's as well.

Another creative world is used for free building, nearly anyone can go there to build things however the map will be reset from time to time.

[todo: this section]

Past Events

Spleef matches

#1 Won by

#2 Won by

Hardcore PvP

#1 Won by

#2 Won by

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Do we have to wait till you open it for us?

Or can we just jump in

The event server I.P. has not been given out over the Aggression forums yet, and the server is whitelisted. So, obviously, you cannot 'just jump in'. :p

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
Still waiting on a plugin to make map restoration automatic, who knows when it will get updated.

Was thinking of getting some people to help out with a map idea. Calling it Siege! Thinking along the lines of CTF with castles.

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
erskew, I've deleted your skyblock place. Saved the signs, they're under the hub.

It's been replace with the actual skyblock map with no terrain around. People have more room now if you're still going to do try the versus thing.

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
A basic spleef plugin has been set up, it's slightly annoying but it works. I've made a tiny arena, looking for others to help build a mid size arena and possibly a larger one too. Reply here or give me a shout in-game.

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
forum why you no let edit title ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks to elphoop for the spleef area ^.^

Still looking for folks to help make a few castles.Also checking pvp plugins so some help with different sized arenas will be great as well.

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
@Tom, Been giving it some thought and "Minecraft: Events Server" should be good. Thanks.

A class based team pvp plugin has been installed. You choose your class and duke it out.

The server will not have the whitelist on.

If anyone would like to freebuild there's a creative world for that, just let erskew or myself know you'd like to visit. I've also put requests in the area for different things, also the requests I've made above can go in there too.

Some more pvp arenas would be good, there's only the small one so far. Also folks can recommend classes for people to use, their name and gear. Example: Archer, Bow, 64 arrows, leather armor

Thinking of having a 1v1 tourney for some moneys/items on aggression. Anyone interested?

May also do the same for a race for wool.

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
Thinking of putting 1.0 on for a while when it gets released in a few hours. Whitelist will be turned on so will have to check back from time to time to see if anyone would like to join in.

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
You never came back :/

Anyway. With all the new plugins and running the dev 1.0 bukkit things are now quite broken. When will the castle be complete?

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
Here's a simple video of the last spleef match:

Been trying to get another spleef title match going, and a couple other games but need participants.

One game is a hardcore survival. Players have until nightfall to get established then pvp goes on... survive monsters and players for fame, fortune, and who knows what else. Form up teams if you'd like but there can be only one winner...

On another note the password to enter creative has changed. Please let me know if you want access again when you see me online (check the event server more than aggression ^.^).

Spleef #1 winner was fei!