What's new

Lethal Company, Steam's Latest Hit, Reaches 100,000 Concurrent Players

Steam's latest hit is a cooperative horror game about scavenging derelict moons called Lethal Company, and its now reached more than 100,000 concurrent players.

Developer Zeekerss posted on X/Twitter to celebrate the achievement, below, revealed by player tracking website SteamDB. "While I was asleep Lethal Company passed 100,000 concurrent players," they said. "Unbelievable, thank you for playing. Releasing updates for this game will be very fun."

Lethal Company released in Steam Early Access on October 23 and steadily increased in popularity until last week when it spiked. Sitting at a peak of 47,933 on November 14, Lethal Company's numbers grew every day before jumping from 60,838 on November 17 to 88,751 the next day. It crossed the 100,000 mark on November 19 and hit its current all-time peak of 115,050 today, November 20.

While I was asleep Lethal Company passed 100,000 concurrent players. Unbelievable, thank you for playing. Releasing updates for this game will be very fun. pic.twitter.com/VYQgfve4hr

— Zeekerss (@ZeekerssRBLX) November 19, 2023

Steam users are enjoying it too, with Lethal Company currently holding an "Overwhelmingly Positive" rating on the platform. "Haven't laughed so hard in any game basically ever," said Froegerer on Reddit. "Decent game loop after the initial novelty wears off also. Creator updates almost bi-weekly with new mobs and items. Really fun game."

Players take on the role of a contracted worker for the Company who must collect scrap from abandoned moons to meet its corporate profit quota. Suit customisation, ship decoration, and bestiary filling are all features too, though players should keep in mind its origins as a horror title. Per Lethal Company's synopsis: "Never miss the quota."

As mentioned by Zeekerss and the Reddit user, updates will be released regularly, in part due to it still being in Early Access. 2At this stage I'm confident you will have a good time with Lethal Company, but there are still many ideas and features I have in mind," Zeekers said on the Steam page. "I also need your feedback to help tune the game's difficulty and balance. Lethal Company is 'finished' but still far from realizing its potential."

For those playing already or looking to get into Lethal Company, check out IGN's guide.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...