What's new

How Long is Assassin's Creed Mirage?

It’s well documented that Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a considerably smaller adventure compared to the previous 3 entries in the series, but just how long is it? Here we’ll let you know exactly how many hours it took different members of the IGN team to finish the story, and what they prioritised doing with their time.

How long is Assassin's Creed Mirage?

• Our fastest player finished it in 10 hours.
  • Our “slowest” player played for almost 17 hours before credits rolled.

Everyone plays games differently, so read on for more details about how everyone played, how long it took to reach the credits, and how much extra time players spent exploring the world. Once you've finished the game yourself, be sure to submit your times on How Long To Beat and see how your time compares!

Dale Driver - Executive Producer of Video

I feel like I took my time with the main story of Assassin’s Creed Mirage, clocking in 15 hours and 49 minutes before the credits rolled. Although I left a large amount of the side content to explore, I did make sure to try out enough of it so I felt like I got the full experience of everything the game had to offer.

As expected, upon story completion the game kicks you back into Baghdad to continue to exploring, and with most regions only 50% complete, I decided to do just that. I mopped up every outstanding contract I could fine, collected all the shards, artifacts and historical sites and ended up pinging the very easy and obtainable platinum trophy in a breezy 23 hours and 27 minutes. Considering the same feat in Valhalla took me over 100 hours, Ubisoft definitely weren’t lying when they said this was a much shorter Assassin’s Creed!

Matt Purslow - News and Features Editor

After sinking over 120 hours into Valhalla just a couple of years ago, I wasn’t up for 100 percenting another Assassin’s Creed game just yet. So for Mirage, I focused mostly on the main questline, which is made up of five core investigations. The credits rolled after 16 hours and 47 minutes, and I was left reasonably happy with this quick-hit of old-school stealth.

Across those almost 17 hours, I played the main missions at a steady pace, being as sneaky as possible. You could definitely speed through the campaign if you were less interested in stealth than I am, but that would likely mean you’d have to contend with Mirage’s dreadful sword combat, which I don’t recommend. Beyond the main missions I also did a little resource gathering to earn some bonuses, such as all the mysterious shards that unlock a trio of special Isu items. I also did four or five contracts, but these side missions are pretty basic and didn’t hold my interest. Overall, then, this was a pretty straightforward playthrough that I had done and dusted over a long weekend.

Jesse Gomez - UK Video Producer

Even at the best of times, I wasn't finding Mirage entirely enjoyable, but because I was curious to see how the story played out I sought to complete the latest Assassin's Creed in the quickest time possible and achieved a time of 10 hours and 52 minutes. I focused entirely on the main story, ignoring all contracts, extra upgrades, and spending little to no time when it came to gathering resources. I likely could've sped things even further up by synchronizing a few more viewpoints and opening up some more fast travel opportunities, but even that didn't feel necessary with the map being so small.

With all that said, Mirage was an incredibly easy 10 hours to play through, and despite the game encouraging me to take the stealth route, most of the time it was just easier to blast in, headfirst with sword in hand and cut everything down. In hindsight I wouldn’t recommend playing the game at this speed, especially if you’re enjoying everything Mirage has to offer, but if you’re just focused on the story you can quite easily finish it in under 11 hours.

If you want to see how Assassin's Creed Mirage stacks up in length to the previous games in the series, check out our complete Playlist of Assassin's Creed games. You can sort it by HLTB playtime, rating, and release date. And you can of course make your own lists and rankings, too. And if you need a little help with anything in Mirage, be sure to check out our Assassin's Creed Mirage guides.

Continue reading...