What's new

Assassin's Creed Mirage Is Currently Cheaper Than it Was on Black Friday

Would you believe me if I told you Assassin's Creed Mirage is already down to $35? Okay, fair enough, it's not the biggest shock in the world. But, it does indicate that there's a virtue to waiting out select game releases in order to get the best price possible. What's more shocking about this deal is that Mirage has already had a reasonable discount, quite recently in fact. It was $10 off and down to $40 during the Black Friday sales -- which means Black Friday is a lie and a sham (tell me something I don't know).

But let's not get too hasty, as there were still some reasonable discounts during Black Friday... if you were fast enough to snag them while they were still in stock. However, in this instance, those Assassin's Creed fans who waited out the original sale in anticipation of a better deal are the real mega minds of this operation. Truly genius stuff everyone, good hustle.

Best Assassin's Creed Mirage Deal

This discount likely won't last too long, so we'd recommend taking advantage of it while it's still live. Mirage is down to $34.99 on PS5, PS4, and Xbox -- and the 'Deluxe Edition' has also dropped to $39.99 as well if you're interested. We've also covered Assassin's Creed discounts within our breakdown of the best PS5 deals post-Black Friday and even included deals in our top PlayStation holiday gift ideas.

Assassin's Creed Mirage was awarded an 8/10 in our review, with writer Jarret Green stating: "Assassin’s Creed Mirage’s return to the stealthy style that launched this series doesn’t do everything right, but everything it does feels like it was done with purpose. This means a shorter game with a smaller map, fewer collectibles, smaller scope in combat, and a limited selection of gear to play with – all of which I found refreshing relative to the arguably bloated scale of 100-hour games like Odyssey and Valhalla." This also meant Mirage became one of IGN's best-reviewed games of 2023.

There's likely more Assassin's Creed coming soon as well, with the next game getting ready to be set in feudal Japan. Assassin's Creed Red was revealed in September 2022 as the "next premium flagship title and the future of our open-world RPG games", suggesting it will be closer in style to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Odyssey than 2023's Mirage. The protagonist for 'Red' was also briefly leaked and revealed what appears to be a female assassin wielding a katana against a red background.

Robert Anderson is a deals expert and Commerce Editor for IGN. You can follow him @robertliam21 on Twitter.

Continue reading...