What's new

Halo Co-Creator Joins EA To Set Up New Seattle Studio

Marcus Lehto, the co-creator of Halo and the founder of Disintegration studio V1 Interactive, has announced that he has joined EA as a game director.

Hey everyone, I’m very excited to announce that I’ve joined @EA as a Game Director, building a new studio in the Seattle area working on first-person games. I can’t wait to share more about what we’re creating! pic.twitter.com/GnfVFNLSaW

— Marcus Lehto (@game_fabricator) October 19, 2021

Announcing the role on Twitter, Lehto revealed that he is building a new studio in the Seattle area. This new studio will work on "first person games", although it's not clear if these will be original games or new entries in existing EA series (so start your Titanfall 3 prayers now).

"I can't wait to share more about what we're creating!" Lehto concluded.

Lehto is best known for being Bungie's Creative Art Director, a position he held from 1997 to 2012. Having worked on the original Halo: Combat Evolved, he's responsible for the creation of Master Chief. He went on to work on all of Bungie's Halo games. In more recent times, Lehto was the founder of V1 Interactive, which created RTS/FPS hybrid Disintegration. The game sadly proved unpopular and critically unsuccessful, and V1 Interactive eventually shut down. Hopefully he'll have better luck at EA.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

Continue reading...