What's new

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade PC System Requirements Revealed

Square Enix has announced the system requirements for its upcoming PC release of Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade.

As per Twitter, the publisher has announced both the minimum and recommended requirements for the PC port of Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade, which originally released as a PlayStation 5 upgrade of the PlayStation 4 original. While the title may be a bit of a handful, thankfully the game's specifications aren't too bad.

Introducing the minimum and recommended specs to play @FinalFantasy VII Remake Intergrade on PC, available on Thursday.

Wishlist the game on @EpicGames Store now: https://t.co/YOQ5Fh9Ybz pic.twitter.com/y8EhXdHxDB

— FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (@finalfantasyvii) December 10, 2021

As per the tweet above, players will be able to get by on 8GB RAM, an i5-3330 or AMD FX-8350 processor, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 graphics card (or equivalent). While the game's 100GB storage is a little more demanding, overall the game's requirements don't appear to be too intense for those running the game at minimum specs.

Similar can also be said for its recommended specs. While assuming that players will be running the game at a resolution of 2560x1440, the specs call for an i7-3770 processor (or equivalent), 12GB RAM, and a GTX 1080 graphics card.

Minimum system requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 / AMD FX-8350
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Storage: 100 GB
  • DirectX: Version 12 or later
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 780 / Radeon RX 480 (3GB VRAM)

Recommended system requirements (for 2560x1440 / max 3840x2160)

• Processor: IntelCore i7-3770 / AMD Ryzen 3 3100
  • Memory: 12 GB
  • Storage: 100 GB
  • DirectX: Version 12 or later
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1080 / Radeon RX 5700 (8GB VRAM)

As per a prior press release for the game, Square Enix has stated that the FF7 Remake Intergrade will feature improved textures and lighting, as well as a photo mode and the DLC episode Intermission, which features the character Yuffie Kisaragi.

The game's PC port will also include "4K support, HDR support, XInput, and DirectInput compliant controller support, keyboard and mouse support, plus the highest spec PCs could see a performance of up to 120 frames per second."

For more on Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade, make sure to check out this piece from earlier this year where Square Enix spoke further about the making of its Yuffie DLC. And, if you've finished that, then make sure to check out the game's dedicated IGN page for the latest news, features, and trailers.

Jared Moore is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...