What's new

[Discussion] Factions, and the many flaws.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Maybe some sort of power to land destruction conversions system? Like you can sacrifice one power to destroy one block in an enemy's land. Useful to break past certain points, but very risky seeing as you'd need 2+ power to break through anything enough to walk through. Wood doors= 2 power, Iron=5 , Button=1, Switch=3 ?

P.S. I know this probably isn't possible for your end.

Lloydies

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
"Maybe some sort of power to land destruction conversions system? Like you can sacrifice one power to destroy one block in an enemy's land. Useful to break past certain points, but very risky seeing as you'd need 2+ power to break through anything enough to walk through. Wood doors= 2 power, Iron=5 , Button=1, Switch=3 ?

P.S. I know this probably isn't possible for your end."

I see how this could work, but personally I don't like very much the "Power per Person" system, I would like to see more of a "Power per Ratio" at the bar minimum so people with a higher kill death ratio can have an advantadge like myself.

But my point still remains, having a faction and just spamming members just ruins the whole concept of it all, as soon as a faction accepts any and all noobs to the server and gain massive power, I don't like the whole idea of people = power, I have had 4 applications via skype for troll's and I have declined all of them because I don't think they are good enough. however, if I was to say accept these 4 members, I could have a huge advantadge in the game.

If this game becomes more of a Power = People I don't think I will want to play, Or I may actually consider applying for RMM on a serious basis. (lol!)

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Lloydies, I agree wholeheartedly that a greater focus should be placed on actual pvping. Unfortunately for pvp servers, Minecraft doesn't so much encourage pvp as simply allow it. We need more incentives/risk,reward scenarios to real Tver theblood flowing. Basing a faction's power off their activity and skill instead of population is one such way to do this. Now to figure out how to do it >.<

If you could re-code the factions plugin power level to work from the kdr records then we could start to get somewhere. Dibs not doing this.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Change the kdr system so it resets every month. This way there is a short period each month where clans have to pvp to get their power back up to support their base.

Lloydies

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
Cub_Nake, I'm glad you agree along with the majority (or round abouts) of people, however, "Now to figure out how to do it >.<" I set the brackets to discussion because I was hoping that one person may have a good idea on what to do because I too don't have a really good suggestion to help balance and also increase the amount of PvP.

--- merged: Jul 19, 2011 at 11:06 PM ---

"You are trolling."

Problem Officer?