What's new

[Discussion] Factions, and the many flaws.

Lloydies

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
Factions and the many flaws!

Problem : Factions is basically a campers playground, aslong as you make your faction completely inaccessible from the outside, you can set your faction spawn in the middle of it, and have a completely secure base, aslong as you don't get spawn killed. --- But how can you, when they can't get in! This to me completely wrecks the element of suprise, and raiding as a whole.

I am aware that people can't be on to protect there base 24/7. but making it inaccessible seems to be a bit annoying, a secure base is something someone should have to work for.

That all being said, I can understand the fact that if you can't secure your base and your offline people can just walk in and take everything and this would be unreasonable. The only solution I see is making it a rule that your spawn be somewhere where people can actually get at you, or entirely removing the faction spawn entirely, this seems a bit dramatic but spawning inside your base all the time seems a little over powered.

An idea that could be implemented is removing all tnt from the game, removing sulfer as drops entirely, or only as drops from ghasts (as ghasts are hard to effectively farm as they hover over lava and destroy your drops) and make TNT a block you can buy that can destroy faction land and is able to be placed on faction land. (I am not sure if this is an option but I don't fully know all the customisation that factions has to offer).

This is not a real suggestion thread, more of a discussion thread that could lead to a potential solution to fool-proof defence, so please don't say my idea's suck, as I honestly couldn't care, I would like to see better suggestions written out here or on the forum as a thread in its own right.

Thanks for readin' folks.

Lloydies

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
As much as this sounds condescending, please don't take this offensively.

I said: "This is not a real suggestion thread, more of a discussion thread that could lead to a potential solution to fool-proof defence, so please don't say my idea's suck, as I honestly couldn't care, I would like to see better suggestions written out here or on the forum as a thread in its own right." and please note "not..real suggestion thread"

You said "what you are suggesting", the idea was for you to improve upon my idea so that bases could be raided fairly, maybe a chest looting limit, which allows you to loot only 1 faction chest per faction member per hour.

Your just being negative and therefore are completely useless in this thread, posting useless information like that is just a waste of your typing it, and my time reading it.

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
It is up to the person/faction to design their own base however they like and place their spawn wherever in that base. Someone can't come and say that it's impenetrable and demand(because that is what this really is, you might put it as a suggestion but it is still a demand) that it be completely re designed to make it easier on others.

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
It is up to the person/faction to design their own base however they like and place their spawn wherever in that base. Someone can't come and say that it's impenetrable and demand(because that is what this really is, you might put it as a suggestion/ Discussion but it is still a demand) that it be completely re designed to make it easier on others.

You said "what you are suggesting", the idea was for you to improve upon my idea so that bases could be raided fairly,

As for you saying this, making bases easier to raid is not fair in anybody's book

Lloydies

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
"you might put it as a suggestion/ Discussion but it is still a demand". I haven't demanded anything, your clearly misguided and very jelly, I suggest that you don't post here because not only are you not contributing to the suggestions, your not reading what I said very clearly (or at all for that matter), I suggest you swallow what remains of your pride and go try and someone who did not get a degree at the university of troll.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits

I said: "This is not a real suggestion thread, more of a discussion thread that could lead to a potential solution to fool-proof defense, so please don't say my idea's suck, as I honestly couldn't care, I would like to see better suggestions written out here or on the forum as a thread in its own right." and please note "not..real suggestion thread"

You said "what you are suggesting", the idea was for you to improve upon my idea so that bases could be raided fairly, maybe a chest looting limit, which allows you to loot only 1 faction chest per faction member per hour.

Your just being negative and therefore are completely useless in this thread, posting useless information like that is just a waste of your typing it, and my time reading it.

You are trolling. You have a point you wish to get across and I respect that; however, you responded to British's comment too defensively with the intention of baiting him. British's comment was a part of constructive discussion because he succinctly explained why we have the plugin. It just so happens that your ideas go against the very purpose the plugin is intended for, which is protecting factions/clans that aren't careless with their lives.

Why don't we implement a system where the power level decreases over time and requires members to kill people to boost it back up?

This way only active clans can keep land; it also removes the issue of dead clans holding land indefinitely.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
Yes, maybe combine it with raiding day, so for a certain time a week if a faction is online they can fight. Bonuses would of course be given to the factions that are online at the time.

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
This might be better if it was voluntary. This would work so factions can choose to be in the raids if they don't want to be raided they can't raid either.

Tarkanos

Level 1
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I agree there needs to be a way to make factions more vulnerable to attack. Personally, I'm in favor of TNT cannons being made useful(can destroy blocks). Also, perhaps not a faction member limit, but a faction power limit. For example, the first person to enter the faction gives it 10. The next 2 might give it 9. And so on, capping at maybe 100, 150 power. This prevents factions from claiming ungodly amounts of land and still having an undefeatable buffer zone. It also makes them much more vulnerable in death.

Since people can go individually into the negative as far as power goes, it makes no sense to make power based on individuals. Have the faction have a power value, and that can be increasing whenever a member is online. Perhaps you have a way to make it increase faster as more members come online, up to a point?

--- merged: Jul 15, 2011 at 1:49 AM ---

Oh, and also making the amount of landa vailable is also a good way to encourage conflict. Less land means more people have to fight over good places to live.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I do agree with Lloydies to an extent, PvP at this moment really isn't. It's a camping contest, which kills incentive for raids. And there shouldn't be an option to opt out of raids, becuase the ones that did will attack the ones that didn't opt out. And Lloydies, TNT makes griefing just too easy, can't even justify it for breaches or anything becuase those are too easy to make using pickaxes. Also, make sure to take land claiming offline for the raid day, don't want douches claiming other clan's spawns or anything. It also means that someone could just re-claim land before enemies came.

Lloydies

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
Laithes, I am totally on the same wave length as you, however, TNT could be massively limited to a very expensive price, such as... 3k coins per block, and totally un-obtainable elsewhere, or still retain the gas idea. It makes griefing possible yes, but it offers breaching support without people being able to mass break with standard pickaxes, Imho I think if tnt is the only block that can destroy enemy faction land, griefing would be minimized with the potential to raid still possible.