What's new

Deltarune Will Release Once Chapter 4 Is Done, Toby Fox Confirms

More than two years after the release of Deltarune Chapter 2, creator Toby Fox shared an update, touching base on how development is going for the final three chapters, including an updated release plan that will make the game available for purchase once Chapter 4 is complete.

In a blog post, Fox revealed that the development for Chapter 5 is taking longer than anticipated. With Chapter 3 nearly done and a significant portion of Chapter 4 already complete, Fox announced that the new plan is to release Chapter 3 and 4 together and make the game purchasable. This is a slight change from Fox's original plan, where he revealed in 2021 that he wanted to release Chapter 3, 4, and 5 concurrently.

"My original plan was to release Chapters 3, 4, and 5 together," Fox wrote. "However, the finish line of Chapter 5 is still pretty far off... and I don't think anybody really wants to wait that long to release anything. Especially me."

In an effort to speed up the process of Deltarune's development, Fox revealed he hired a new producer that will allow Fox to "speed up the overall game development for future chapters."

Deltarune's first chapter was released back in 2018, with Chapter 2 seeing a surprise release, announced during Undertale's sixth anniversary celebration event in 2021. Yet its long development comes as no surprise as Fox revealed in 2020 that the RPG was much harder to develop than his previous project, Undertale, due to "the complexity of new systems, plotlines, and graphics."

Taylor is a Reporter at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter @TayNixster.

Continue reading...