What's new

Nitara Is Joining Mortal Kombat 1, and She's Played by Megan Fox

Megan Fox is the voice of the vampire Nitara in the upcoming Mortal Kombat 1, and NetherRealm Studios has shared a new trailer to unveil the roster's latest playable fighter.

Nitara hails from the dark, desolate realm of Vaeternus, and she's joining the fight in Mortal Kombat 1 to protect her race of vampires. In kombat, she uses her claws, fangs, and aerial abilities. You can check out the new fighter in action in the trailer below.

"She comes from this weird realm, she is a type of vampire creature," Fox explains in the video. "She's evil but she's also good. She's trying to save her people. I really like her. She's a vampire which obviously resonates for whatever reason. It's cool to be in the game, you know? Because I'm not really just voicing it, it'll be like she's kind of me."

Fox also said she grew up playing Mortal Kombat, and "can’t believe that I’m voicing a character in the new game.”

Mortal Kombat 1 is out on September 19 (or September 14 for early access) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. You'll have to be careful on the internet over the next week-and-a-half or so, as player's who've obtained physical copies of the game have already leaked the full Mortal Kombat 1 roster.

If you want some non-spoilery Mortal Kombat 1 content while you wait for launch, watch the live-action trailer that's an ode to the classic 1990s TV spot. Or, check out our final preview of Mortal Kombat 1 and our interview with director and studio head Ed Boon.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN covering video game and entertainment news. He has over seven years of experience in the gaming industry with bylines at IGN, Nintendo Wire, Switch Player Magazine, and Lifewire. Find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...