What's new

Changes to Aggression

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Aggression will be undergoing some changes over the next few weeks.

Tanja is in charge of the changes, under the oversight of the Admins.

If there are things you believe would benefit Aggression if they were changed, please let her know. Use this opportunity to grow Aggression. Bring everyone you know to this server, we know that sometimes things are not the greatest, but we do listen, and we are changing.

Thanks

Tom

Omdzpk

Level 0
Nov 13, 2011
Credits
To Tom,

I was thinking leave the map how it is. Ik people are complaint wanting more raid but treat it like real life. It's not a 5k by 5k foot world it's huge leave it with infinity blocks or stop at 20k by 20k. Also I would like tp's so players can get there allies faster and quicker. Also maybe a /sethome. TNT is your choice. Sorry I couldn't contact tanja please foward this to her please.

Thank,

Omdzpk (Vinny)

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I'm going to color coat this shit to make it easier ;)

Question color corresponds to answer color!

P.S. I fixed your grammar Omdzpk -_- wompwompwomp

Dear Tom,

I was thinking about leaving the map how it is. I know people are complaining about wanting more raiding but they need to treat the game like it's real life. It's not a 5k by 5k foot world, it's a huge world. Have a world map with infinity blocks or at least stop it at 20k by 20k. Also I would like to be able to teleport so players and myself can get to their allies faster and more easily. Also maybe add a /sethome. TNT is your choice. Sorry I couldn't contact Tanja, please foward this to her.

Thank You,

Omdzpk (Vinny)

• As for the world size, there are boundaries already put in place due to the fact that our percentage of players isn't all that large. The world currently isn't infinite, nor has this map ever been. I'm pretty sure it is currently set at 5,000 X 5,000 or 10,000 X 10,000.

(Regardless, there is a boundary currently.)

Small world for small amount of players.

Large world for large amount of players.

Ya dig?

Want a larger world? Get some more players.

• As for teleporting. We have battle arenas set in place near spawn so you'd really only have to travel to spawn to fight. Traveling to spawn is pretty much the same thing as teleporting to your allies since they'd be right there.

As for fighting AWAY from spawn.... that RARELY happens if it ever does happen at all. And if it is happening just get the cords from your ally and walk there. We don't want you to have an unfair advantage over another player by just teleporting in the middle of a battle.

You talk about making the WORLD more like real life but you are then trying to make the FIGHTING more unrealistic. I'm afraid the PVPing can't be compromised.

• As for TNT, that is currently being discussed between the Admins. That's not my place to decide that kind of change.

• As for setting home, we already have a /sethome for factions. If you cannot afford a faction I'm pretty sure a bed will do the same thing. The command for a faction set home is /f sethome. To travel to your set home do /f home.

• As for contacting me, you can always privately message me on the forums Omdzpk :p (I'll respond normally within a day.)

To anyone else reading this....

If you have any suggestions about how spawn can be improved or the creation of a new battle arena, that I can automatically do for you :)

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I do believe "womp" doesn't help me.

Nor does this, "Get rid the of the shitty ass spawn and replace it with the old one."

You're really giving me alot to go off of. And didn't Tom say to keep this off the forums? You privately messaged me. Keep this in there.

I don't need to clog up his notifications with this.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Well, what's the point of messaging you when all the admins can just see it here? Saves you the time of having to message us asking etc..

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I just want feedback. Public feedback.

And all I'm seeing is RMM feedback at the moment. How many of these people telling me these things on the seperate forum ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN ON PLAYING WITHIN THE LAST MONTH?

You, british and Laithes? But even Laithes he said he only comes on to repair armor and that's it.

Just because you have a lot of friends on the internet that happen to be in the same clan doesn't mean you have a valid majority opnion of the server.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

And who the fuck is Smokles?

Really? Like when the hell has he PVPed on this map?

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Well it's a good job I've had non-RMM feedback from others like Scourge. But of course per Tom's instruction it's been done in private.

but of course they all want the old spawn to.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
And all I'm seeing is RMM feedback at the moment. How many of these people telling me these things on the seperate forum ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN ON PLAYING WITHIN THE LAST MONTH?

You, british and Laithes? But even Laithes he said he only comes on to repair armor and that's it.

Just because you have a lot of friends on the internet that happen to be in the same clan doesn't mean you have a valid majority opnion of the server.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

And who the fuck is Smokles?

Really? Like when the hell has he PVPed on this map?

Wait, Tanja. We have about half our members on aggression. We as individuals have a say in what goes on. Just because we're RMM doesn't mean we share opinions. We're just a vocal lot.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Honestly I'm seeing alot of people getting itchy because people who play on the server are asking for alot of hushed crap to be made public. I, myself, am sick of seeing all this hush, getting arsy because you said something on skype but those who aren't on skype don't know, when it is publicly known that the teamspeak is what aggression primarily uses. I also note that Sea was informed privately something between Tom and Tanja yet when questioning other "admins" on this issue, they're not in the knowledge. Positions are given to members without being run by admins as a collective, positions are made without discussion. Server discussions are gone ahead and made and regardless of arguments from staff they are still implemented.

Also to note is that this skype conversation is made up of members of whom no longer appear on aggression or are incredibly rarely seen on. Also to note that mentions of how admins can't do this or admins don't do this when in fact only one or two gripe that life is in the way constantly (also note that griping when you don't "see" and admin on really does tick us off). Tom if life is constantly in the way, those of us who are struggling back off, warn the others and get on with it. We do not curse, disencourage or otherwise berate members because we do not have the time. You do, we don't. These such decisions have driven members of both staff and playerbase to leave in annoyance. Tom, you may believe that you are the be all and end all of this server and that your knowledge and wisdom extends overall but it is this attitude that brings about much dismay. What you believe is said behind peoples (as myself) backs does reach other through one means or another. When you cover up your faults, we see them and remember them. When you get funny with members, we apologise and make up those faults. Some of us are in fact annoyed with you and will happily start to point out your mistakes and where you may call this "throwing your toys out the pram" the rest of us are more concerned with making this work on a whole, not just for you.

Tanja, some of us are funny because we put time into the game, as you do, but don't actually play. The little bit of fun I had in game was chasing Sea with lightning, I had to resort to that because as an admin, I don't play. Similarly I have said to you before to come on Teamspeak because as an admin I made myself available via a few avenues for players to contact me. On top of this I try to act with courtesy. You did listen to this, you adhered to this, yet I have yet to see you on Teamspeak much. When there's an issue you run off to Tom and he moans at us, when somethings goes wrong, Tom is on scene. Call me strange but it looks nicely like WOTI-Syndrome and a case of the Internet-WhiteKnight.The constant mentioning of the RMM and their "opinions" is also another issue that is rising. Where as you may view them as just another faction, to the admins and on a business side of things, they're the players who're frequently on. If they answer threads and no one else does, it shows that they're active and though some would call it favourtism they would not start to participate half as much as those members.

I would have hoped to make a return soon to get back in touch and start helping out now that I am able however with the apparent hush-hush attitude, players not being worth the time, the admin and moderator team members not contacting each other and an overall lack of respect for each other, I don't know whether or not it's worth the aggro. I care, I have shown this. I take the time to sort out issues diplomatically and politely but I will not skirt around issues when it comes to admins being above their stations.

Regards,

Dakry.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Very interesting post, Dakry. Honestly, I do believe that we could do with all staff members knowing of an important server discussion before it is finished. Without it, we'll end up disorganized, and it just gets worse from there. Now, while I see where you're coming from, I don't think Tom is all that bad. In my opinion, he's a pretty good Admin. Yes, some parts of what you've said about him are true, but it's honestly not as bad as you make it appear to be.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Tom is by no means a WhiteKnight (no offense Tom lol), he is just the easiest to contact.

If Noodle were easier to contact I'd be messaging him but he's normally afk on Skype.

And I have no reason to go on teamspeak when I'm mediating IN GAME. I'm on IRC most of the time instead for communication.

Noodle knows where to get me if he needs me, I've told him before about that. (Just a simple poke on facebook :p)

but it's honestly not as bad as you make it appear to be.

I'd also like to add that I agree with Erskew's statement 100% ^