What's new

Changes to Aggression

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
You have failed to mention Echo and M1 in all of this and the one thing the both of you don't see is all of what goes on behind closed doors. What happens behind the scenes and the chatter that is happening in places like teamspeak and such (similar to how I don't either when it comes to you guys and your talks). But I try to be on what I can and speak with everyone I can. You have no reason to be on teamspeak? I remember a time when you couldn't be a staff member unless you were on teamspeak. Then mumble, then this or that. But you miss a lot of chatter that happens and miss a lot of discussion and it is a good diplomatic platform to deal with issues. You had been asked before to try and get on it so you have every reason to be on it. I don't want to cause gripes but these are things that have been appreciated by players and yet are openly ignored.

smokles

Level 23
Jul 4, 2011
Credits
The admins are usually always on the teamspeak, so they don't need to be on the server to discuss punishments and such. Teamspeak is a wonderful tool.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
IRC is the new teamspeak for staff chatter, that along with skype. You've missed a good chunk when you took off.

Download IceChat. It's pretty nifty

--- merged: Nov 22, 2011 at 6:05 AM ---

Or mIRC if you're Echo >_> lol

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Hmm but you can't type in mIRC and in game at once... where as you can via a voice client. The idea of IRC as a primary is non-sensical. You might as well use the forums/in-game/something that already exists.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Hmm but you can't type in mIRC and in game at once... where as you can via a voice client. The idea of IRC as a primary is non-sensical. You might as well use the forums/in-game/something that already exists.

Go tell that to Noodle, he loves IRC like a baby

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
But you can talk in IRC and ingame at once :D Just a certain place will alow it.

Or do like me and use two computers, the IRC running on a old server PC from 1999-2000

Waiting on Verizon.. for ADSL2+(which the exchange would be 1000ft away) or to get fibre going so I can do much more gaming, still need my gaming PC fixed, however :/

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
Final decisions are made between Echo, Tom and myself. IRC and skype are the best forms of communication between staff members because while talking is nice I know both myself and tom don't have the time to sit in teamspeak 24/7 anymore. If I want Echo's opinion on something I can just say his name and he'll see the message.

Scroling up through the thread...

Sea, stop with the kitchen jokes, they have no place in a serious discussion.

No personal tp.

TNT is leaning towards a yes from me, but you'll have to hear from the others.

When it comes to server or network wide decisions Tom, Echo and myself can make them without input, that's what it means to be a sadmin. I think that's it.

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
suggestions:

-pistons for pvt.

-limit for minimum amount of people allowed in a faction (maybe some where around 4-5 ish)

-nether

-a monthly event where we all go to the end and try to kill the ender dragon whilst the admins shoot fire balls at us (kind of like survival island)

-getting money from killing mobs because it takes forever to work your pvp your way off loot to diamond

garfield32

Level 24
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
-pistons for pvt.

There's a reason its like tht

-limit for minimum amount of people allowed in a faction (maybe some where around 4-5 ish)

That would suck and the server would be crowded with factions everywhere

The admins are working on tht currently

-a monthly event where we all go to the end and try to kill the ender dragon

Tht would be pretty badass but Ppl will just be killing eachother or the endermen

-getting money from killing mobs because it takes forever to work your pvp your way off loot to diamond

You already get money from killing mobs just hunt at night spawners dont give u money

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
That would suck and the server would be crowded with factions everywhere

It wouldn't. All of the factions with less people with 4 or 5 people would be gone. He meant that bro, not limiting factions to 4 or 5 members. That would suck, but all factions having more than 5 people wouldn't.

All other ideas are either worked on or suck. Pistons for Pvt = pistons for everyone. NOT good.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Getting back on to what was being discussed before...

I have to agree with Noodle, IRC is a much better tool. While teamspeak is an okay form of communication, IRC seems to be a bit easier to use in my opinion. Talking in the BoN IRC doesn't even require downloading and setting up anything to use it, and it just seems to be easier to switch to that than it is to switch to Teamspeak.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
I'm amused hearing "switch to teamspeak" seeing as that was what was used before... multiple times. And yes I agree, IRC is nice, but it's not voice. It's just text... in which case you might as well just use the forums and/or the game. It's just another thing to have to change screen to, to type, then change back. Any voip client avoids that neccesity.